KitchiFox - Game Master

"When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy."
― Dave Barry, "Things That It Took Me 50 Years to Learn"
Forum rules
Don't even bother applying if you've not played here for at least a month. You will be ignored, and will probably be denied in the future for looking like a power hungry twat.

KitchiFox - Game Master

Postby SecuritySheep » Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:50 am

BYOND Key: KitchiFox
Discord ID: Asteral#0881
How old are you?: Twenty One
When you are most active? (including timezone): Greenwich Mean Time (UK). around 4 pm to 5 pm
Roughly how much time do you dedicate to the server each week?: been on and off due to work as of late. but will I attempt around four shifts a week minimum to get back into gear
Names of notable characters you play in Vorestation: Rana Starsong-Uma, Miranda Petrovich, Lasa Raktus, Kitchi Ikamura and Uhlmagar.
How long have you been playing Space Station 13?: Around three years.
How long have you been playing Vorestation?: Roughly two.
Explain what most interests you about being staff: The potential to help the community and the other potential to share/create pleasant memories. and to add life and story to this crazy universe
Explain what you think you will least enjoy being staff: the least enjoyable thing would have to be having to deal with individuals who spoil everyone's enjoyment and cause grief on a general basis. In the past, I have witnessed staff having to sacrifice their time to handle situations like this. I am willing to help bare my share of the burden to ease such weight off of others. as I believe no one has to go through a bad time for someone else' enjoyment.
Describe what role-playing means to you: Role-playing to me as an Individual a means to interact and share a page of a story, which binds together a book that everyone is a part of. its also a way to express yourself in the form as another being, improving social skills and to learn how to better interact with others. it is also a form of fun!
Define what a "Problem Player" is in your own words: a "Problem Player" is the Individual who causes issues with staff and player alike. usually violating the rules either from deliberate actions or plain and simple ignorance. this usually sullies other individuals enjoyment.
Define a "Toxic Player" in your own words: A "Toxic Player" is almost like the problem player however they do not necessarily break rules however they still cause grief and distress amongst other individuals through their IC/OOC behaviours. which is violating the "Do not be a butthole" rule regardless if they did nothing against the rules.
Define "Admin Abuse" in your own words: "Admin Abuse" is the abuse of powers granted by one's higher-ups. it can take many forms like using this power for ones personal enjoyment which results in others enjoyment suffering in consequence. while another form is using one's position for personal gain. often sullying a communities reputation alongside one's own.
In your opinion, what the biggest problem with the server right now?: I personally believe the biggest problem currently to date is the lack of people actively partaking in events due to past instances where some players complained about several things. yet no idea was given on how to improve anything for the future. resulting in people developing a personal stigma against events taking place.
How would you have it resolved?: As a resolution. I would attempt to get people to engage with others. encouraging them to take an active role within the event. while engaging with the players and asking them what could be improved and potentially any idea's they have in mind!

Go through the following scenarios and state how you would deal with it...
  • An adminhelp comes in claiming an individual is griefing.
    How I'd handle it: First I would spectate the accused individual while reading the Ahelp provided. asking people for anything that they witnessed to help make certain on the situation. after observing for a decent while I would approach the individual to get their side of the story if possible before committing to any actions as it could be potentially a big misunderstanding. however, depending on the situation a warning may be issued and an adjustment to their notes or if worst came to worst a proper punishment may be carried out to allow the player to reflect on their actions.
  • A player is upset about a scenario, but they are clearly in the wrong.
    How I'd handle it: I would at first calmly approach the individual before attempting to explain the situation to them while attempting to be in their shoes. allowing them to hopefully see they are the one in the wrong and to peacefully resolve the situation without any hassle. but if the individual persists that they are in the right, explain to them politely that they should move on for the benefit of both parties. allowing things to cool down so reason can come back.
  • When interviewing several individuals, one is lying but you cannot tell who it is.
    How I'd handle it: In a situation like this, the best course of action is to gather each individuals story to try and piece together the story. using it to try and detect any discrepancies within any particular part explained by each of them. this would allow me, using the information provided and the individuals alibi to see if there's anything that stands out compared to the other stories as they should be almost exactly the same.
  • After interviewing several individuals, you have a pretty good idea of who is lying, but still lack concrete, infallible proof. Despite your best efforts, some details remain ambiguous. What now?
    How I'd handle it: A case like this. sometimes its best to ask other staff members on their point of view on the individual suspected of lying whilst comparing individual notes. as other staff members are always there to assist you when in doubt. if no evidence that is set in stone is revealed the best course of action is to let them go while adding a note on them. so as to monitor their suspect behaviour which could prevent further incidents reoccurring.
  • An individual is playing a character who has sparked several adminhelps regarding said individual, but they are not in any clear violation of the rules.
    How I'd handle it: the best course of action would to be at first approaching the individual politely and ask if they have time to answer some questions. this is to help gather notes to determine what could have potentially caused the several Ahelps. if nothing seems to be out of the ordinary let them continue and inform those who sent the Ahelps that there is nothing to be worried about. but potentially if Ahelps still come in I would ask the individual to find something else to do to prevent causing too much ruckus.
  • Multiple character deaths have occurred and you are attempting to investigate. One player exhibits poor role-playing skills combined with insulting all those involved, another rushed after trouble started and only used lethal force, and a third went on and attacked several other individuals after the first fight was finished.
    How I'd handle it:
now this is a tricky one to deal with, as it would often be a mess and a half.

the first thing I would revive and freeze the parties involved to maintain some semblance of order while dealing with the situation. going to the first user I would look into their notes firsthand to see if they are potentially new, allowing me to decide my next path of action which is to tell them the difference between In-character insults and out of character insults to help them try and improve their skills in roleplay considering vorestation is a high roleplay server. for all I could know the individuals first experience with roleplay could be here. adding a note for the future if insults continue to persist or if no improvement has been made.

for the second individual responsible I would remind them of proper escalation regarding scenario's like this as yet again vorestation is an HRP server, actions must be taken before resulting into any mechanical means, I would also remind them to try and seek alternate ways of pacifying individuals to avoid unnecessary actions from occurring such as asking them to pull punches so they deal no damage. if it is not the first they have done something like this further actions may need to be taken in order for the individual to reflect on their actions. no one has to have their character killed unnecessarily.

Third Individual lastly would be warned not raise tensions after the fight/situation has de-escalated to maintain a reasonable environment.like the second individual if it is a persistent problem further action may have to be taken in order to get the point across to the individual as its poor form on an HRP server to escalate any situation further then they have to.

What prior admin/moderator/management experience do you possess if any?: Former Mentor from Paradise Station, Experience in handling questions asked by individuals either new to the game or in need of a quick refresher on anything.

Finally, what unique aspects of yourself can you bring to the staff? What can you bring to the team that is, in your opinion, needed?: I believe I bring a fresh set of idea's to the playing field which I am eager to share amongst the staff team. and also a fresh face to grow the family known as the staff of VORE!
SecuritySheep

Re: KitchiFox - Game Master

Postby Demicus_Maximus » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:09 pm

Wasn't sold on my first read through, but after some re-reading I quite like this app. Haven't had any issues with you over these few years. I'm supporting this.
Demicus_Maximus

Postby Scree » Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:10 pm

I'm always put at ease when goodsec players apply for staff positions, 'cause I know they actually mean the answers to the questions and aren't just filling out the best "what should be done" waffle.
Scree

Postby PontifexMinimus » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:32 pm

Yeah, sure, I think you would do good and you're reasonably active!

Seriously, I would give you the chance on a trialminship if you were to apply to that.
PontifexMinimus

Postby JoanRisu » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:36 pm

I really like some of these definitions and your answer about the group interview, especially asking for help for the best course of action or just to manage the logistics of the situation. I would like to have seen that part of asking for staff support expanded into the multiple character death situation since that kind of situation can be navigated better with support.

Overall, I like this application. Some standard answers (as to be expected) but with other answers that stand out enough to really consider bringing you on.

Support
JoanRisu

Postby Nanaki » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:45 pm

Support.

Probably should be admin, though.
Nanaki

Postby DrYeehaw » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:53 pm

A goodsex (im leaving the typo) player who wants a new role? Everything has already been said by this point that shows my support for you on this.
Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said..."I'm too drunk to taste this chicken."
DrYeehaw

Postby Slingblade » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:05 pm

I think you have a good head on your shoulders and have been a very positive force for the station. You get what makes the game fun, how to properly make security enjoyable for everyone, and can definitely bring some good ideas to the table. This is a good spot for you, and I'd love to see what you can do working with the other GMs and Admins.

Support
Slingblade

Postby JoanRisu » Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:48 pm

So, with the new staff changes, my role in these applications has changed significantly.

I've previously indicated my support for this application and that has not changed. It helps that you have standout answers and definitions, your activity is good, and people in the community like you. I'm willing to give you a shot in the trial phase.

Application Approved.

Please contact me via Discord DMs at your earliest convenience so we can get some formalities out of the way.
JoanRisu

Return to Staff Applications