Ohx412 - Admin Application

"When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy."
― Dave Barry, "Things That It Took Me 50 Years to Learn"
Forum rules
Don't even bother applying if you've not played here for at least a month. You will be ignored, and will probably be denied in the future for looking like a power hungry twat.

Re: Ohx412 - Admin Application

Postby Nanaki » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:46 pm

Support.
Nanaki

Postby DrYeehaw » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:50 pm

You're more active than me, give great answers, and have been around for a while. And another admin with experience is definitely welcome aboard! Support
Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said..."I'm too drunk to taste this chicken."
DrYeehaw

Postby JoanRisu » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:57 pm

I would try to reach out to another admin, explain the situation and the decision I have made as well as any punishment that will be handed out if it came down to that. Then I would ask what they would recommend me doing instead. If no other admin is present, then I will take the risk and settle on my decision, and inform the involved people to talk to other staff if they disagree with it.

Good, yes, don't be afraid to ask for help. I like cooperation.

Apply that to this:
Multiple character deaths have occurred and you are attempting to investigate. One player exhibits poor role-playing skills combined with insulting all those involved, another rushed after trouble started and only used lethal force, and a third went on and attacked several other individuals after the first fight was finished.
How I'd handle it: I would immediately paralyze the third player to prevent them from attacking any more people, and focus on investigating why the first player is playing so poorly and why the second one was rushing in when they did. After gathering all the information I needed, then I would deal punishments accordingly and leave behind notes.

While it is good to quickly get things set up to investigate, include other staff members as part of your toolkit for these kinds of scenarios.

I'm receptive to this application and would like to see how this applicant works in a practical setting under trialmin conditions. Support
JoanRisu

Postby Slingblade » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:01 pm

Its all already been said. I would like to see how you operate as a trialmin and your application looks good for all the reasons that have been already pointed out.

Support
Slingblade

Postby JoanRisu » Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:03 pm

Recent staff changes have put me in a position to review these applications instead of just indicating my support for them (or lack thereof).

As indicated, people like this app, they like that you're mindful of taking notes and I myself like that you include other people in your decision-making process and handling. Your activity and presence is great and I would like to see how you handle yourself in the trial phase.

Application Approved

Please contact me via DMs in Discord so we can get some formalities out of the way.
JoanRisu

Previous

Return to Staff Applications