WetDirt - Protean

Want to play a Vox? A Diona? A special snowflake former l33t SWAT Spetznas supersoldier failed experiment from Deathkilldie-6? This is where you come to pitch your ideas for everything normally not allowed as characters on the server, so we can mold it into something usable.

Moderator: Lore Masters

WetDirt - Protean

Postby Slimball » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:03 pm

BYOND Key: WetDirt

Species you want to apply for: Protean

Name of Characters In-game: (If applicable) Ssassan, Almorian

How long you've been playing Vorestation: Quite a while now. On and off about 2-3 years, due to my schedule stabilizing i'll be on much more now.

What is this character's backstory?:
A sample of gray matter with a hunger for something other then solid material: Knowledge. A sentient bundle of nanites that intends to collect as much knowledge as possible- whether through devouring willing creatures, which this station it has found seems quite fond of..making it a prime settling spot to collect and grow its internal library, and to grow its own influence, becoming stronger over time, whilst establishing itself as a member of its crew and, in return for gaining knowledge, granting its services to those aboard.

Some example names of the species: Vactus, Siltrin, and other unknown names the protean species may use.

Summarize what you know about the species: A collection of nanites functioning together to form a body that, from the outside, looks similar to a promethean. However, on the baseline, they are actually a collection of microscopic machines that devour organic and inorganic objects to grow and overcome obstacles.

Play out the following simulated RP scenario (also feel free to alter this, as it is just an example scenario):
Recruiter: "So, tell me about yourself... what was your name again?"

You: "Vactus."
Recruiter: "Riiiiiiight..." The recruiter scribbles on his notepad, taking down notes. "Tell me about how you came to live on Virgo Prime."

You: "An interest. A collection of beings willing to give themselves to other beings. It is the perfect place for us to safely grow our knowledge, while contributing to nanotrasens research effort."

Recruiter: The recruiter nods, hardly making eye contact as he reads off the standard list of questions. "Do you have any past experience working on NanoTrasen stations?"

You: "Very. We have extensive knowledge on a multitude of other nanotrasen stations- we find ourselves qualified highly for this place, and believe we can safely work under the conditions posed for this station in particular."

Recruiter: He nods again, writing down some notes, or perhaps doodling. It's impossible to tell which. "And what do you think you can bring to the company?"

You: "A boon to the stations workforce. Improvement. Adaptation of the highest degree, and the allowance of nanotrasen to study us in a biological workplace."

Recruiter: "Very well. Thank you for your time. We will contact you as soon as there is an opening suited for you." The impatient recruiter finally looks up again and waves the applicant along, ready for the next potential new employee.

Why do you want to play this species?: For the longest time i've wanted to roleplay a species such as this one, as such, i'd greatly appreciate the ability to do so. I'd take the character seriously and in roleplay and in scene-based scenarios, i'd operate only with professionalism to make it enjoyable for everyone. Playing a character with the traits the proteans have has, for a long time, been a goal of mine, so i'd greatly appreciate the chance.

What do you expect them to bring to the station's RP by this character being allowed?: A new interesting character being brought aboard the station, contributing to knowlege, potentially being a receptacle for members of the station that want to 'donate' themselves to its internal library. Overall, I feel like there could be a lot of potential for me as this character.
Slimball

Re: WetDirt - Protean

Postby Wickedtemp » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:25 am

Full disclosure, proteans aren't exactly a thing yet and aren't really finished.
Wickedtemp

Re: WetDirt - Protean

Postby PontifexMinimus » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:26 am

Yeah this is on hold until they are.
PontifexMinimus

Return to Special Characters