Endia - Braixen

Want to play a Vox? A Diona? A special snowflake former l33t SWAT Spetznas supersoldier failed experiment from Deathkilldie-6? This is where you come to pitch your ideas for everything normally not allowed as characters on the server, so we can mold it into something usable.

Moderator: Lore Masters

Endia - Braixen

Postby Endia » Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:18 am

BYOND Key:
Endia

Species you want to apply for:
Gene-Modified Braixen

Name of Characters In-game: (If applicable)
Lillie Sweetfly, Madison Starlight

How long you've been playing Vorestation:
I don't know if running around as a mouse for a year counts so in terms of actually playing characters, a little over a year

What is this character's backstory?:
A young fennec sniffs about the back alleys of a large city on Earth. As humanity advanced, wild forests for her kind were running out and most smaller animals of her size got by rummaging through trash or, if they were lucky, finding someone to take care of them. And lucky the little fox was to find the owner of the particular garbage she was going through looking down at her with pity. The little fennec was taken in by one kind, young scientist by the name of Sarah Watkins, who began to care for the creature and gave her a name and identity: Petunia. She let Petunia stay in her office for years until she was promoted to work in nearby space stations around Earth's orbit. By this point, Petunia had already been modified to speak and to walk on two feet. She was already interested in helping the engineers and scientists, so Sarah decided to take her. Over the course of the next few years, Petunia would receive her own space and belongings, heat and fire based modifications to her genes, and extensive training as a station scientist. All of this lead to Petunia being able to forge her own path through the stars.

Some example names of the species:
Petunia, Penelope was another idea I had. Really any name a normal antro character would have.

Summarize what you know about the species:
Petunia is just a heavily modified fennec, Being able to speak common languages and have small fire producing modifications. She has difficulty understanding longer words and phrases that don't relate to her scientific field, as she's still relatively young.

Play out the following simulated RP scenario (also feel free to alter this, as it is just an example scenario):
Recruiter: "So, tell me about yourself... what was your name again?"
You: How did you forget so quickly? I mean- ugh, nevermind. My name's Petunia, born on Earth, transferring from station colony Paragon Delta orbiting Mars. I work as a station scientist, though I have light experience in engineering and medical chemistry. Um, between you and me though, I wouldn't put me anywhere near med-bay. I tend to have issues working with doctors.
Recruiter: "Riiiiiiight..." The recruiter scribbles on his notepad, taking down notes. "Tell me about how you came to live on Virgo Prime."
You: Something tells me you're not looking for the long story here, so I'll focus your question on my decision to transfer. I've been having issues working at human-centric stations for a while now. My first crew was really understanding of my differences, but as I've felt the need to be working with people like me. People with fur. People who don't mind to give into their primal instincts every once and while. People who just might be more accepting of other's differences, you know?
Recruiter: The recruiter nods, hardly making eye contact as he reads off the standard list of questions. "Do you have any past experience working on NanoTrasen stations?"
You: Yes, actually. I've been working in labs most of my life and working stations ever since, um, actually before I could even speak.
Recruiter: He nods again, writing down some notes, or perhaps doodling. It's impossible to tell which. "And what do you think you can bring to the company?"
You: Well, I'm not very good at socializing, I tend to work slower before I can get in my work flow, I have a slight tendency to heat whatever room I'm in, especially if my mind wanders, and I'm not a good singer even though I totally think I am. However. I am an incredibly skilled scientist with more than a couple years under my belt. I am a hard worker and will get what need done done, even if I accidentally catch my PDA on fire. Um... Ignore that last bit.
Recruiter: "Very well. Thank you for your time. We will contact you as soon as there is an opening suited for you." The impatient recruiter finally looks up again and waves the applicant along, ready for the next potential new employee.
Petunia gets up and walks out the door into the hallway. She pauses for a moment, reflecting on her performance before realizing everyone in line is staring at her. The fox turns red as she tries to shuffle her way back to the boarding area. Upon getting there, Petunia doesn't even have time to let her mind wander again as she gazes at her proud mentor. She runs to hug her.

Why do you want to play this species?:
I was trying to come up with something fun I hadn't tried yet. I experimented, making a lot of characters, until I saw other player playing a genetically modified Pokemon and my head just about exploded. "How had I not thought of that before?!" I chose I Pokemon that I loved and that would fit in well with the station.

What do you expect them to bring to the station's RP by this character being allowed?:
Just something no one else is playing. I think it isn't too outlandish to break immersion, while also being something unique and fun. I've restricted her from burning down the station, there's still a lot of fun elemental and temperature roleplay that would be interesting. And if you're not yet convinced, allow me to assuage your doubts: Tsundere Fire Anthro Fennec.
Last edited by Endia on Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Endia

Re: Endia - Braixen

Postby PontifexMinimus » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:25 am

I got some problems with this SCA.

Namely real, actual pokemon do not exist.

The whole thing is a videogame ICly too. Some people based their genemods on that and I accepted SCAs for such.

N-not an actual pokemon, sorry.
PontifexMinimus

Postby Endia » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:18 pm

PontifexMinimus wrote:I got some problems with this SCA.

The whole thing is a videogame ICly too. Some people based their genemods on that and I accepted SCAs for such.

Alrighty, so say I wanted to edit it to be acceptable, would only the species name require a change? (“Gene-Modified Braxian”) Also, obviously changing her backstory that she was a Fennec given heat based modifications. Would I need to edit the application itself, and if so, is there anything else I should change? Thanks for your time!
Endia

Postby TheFurryFeline » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:28 pm

Endia wrote:
PontifexMinimus wrote:I got some problems with this SCA.

Alrighty, so say I wanted to edit it to be acceptable, would only the species name require a change? (“Gene-Modified Braxian”) Also, obviously changing her backstory that she was a Fennec given heat based modifications. Would I need to edit the application itself, and if so, is there anything else I should change? Thanks for your time!

Far as I've seen, people tend to have their species name to be as vague as possible and have the sprite be as similar as they can make it to the actual 'mon. Myself, I have a Serperior but the species name I have for it is Green Naga and the Custom Species look is as similar as I was able to make it.

Edit1: I don't even have the backstory to even connect to anything related to Pokemon, either, so..... It depends on how you want your char's backstory to be.
Last edited by TheFurryFeline on Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheFurryFeline

Postby Endia » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:56 pm

I went ahead and edited the application. If anything else needs changed, please let me know.
Endia

Return to Special Characters