[Aylen] Kazkin - Character Ban

Moderator: Game Admins

[Aylen] Kazkin - Character Ban

Postby Kazkin » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:24 am

Byond account and character name: Kazkin, Ahzrukhal Ahkeen
Discord ID (if applicable): Kazkin#6751
Banning admin: Aylen
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Character ban.
Ban reason given: Toxic actions.
Ban length: Permanant.
Approximate time ban was placed (including time zone): 4:17 AM EST
Your side of the story: There is none, for the last few weeks I've been having a rough time and was confrontational and insulting and it was a mistake that I made. My actions in character weren't justifiable and while for awhile I improved I let my temper get the better of me one night and was out of line with being confrontational.
Why you think you should be unbanned: All I'm asking for is a second chance. I'm invested in my character and the roleplay around it and making the server better. At the time before the ban was given I had a long talk with Resh and a few others about the recent weeks and resolved to change how I act on Ahzrukhal and to try and make the time spent in character mroe enjoyable for everyone. I let my bad mood reflect my actions in character and it was making things harder for others. I'm sorry for tht and I'll apologize to the people involved both in character and out of character. My choices were terrible and I'm sorry for that, I simply want a one last chance to make things right.
Kazkin

Re: [Aylen] Kazkin - Character Ban

Postby Kazkin » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:27 am

I had some time to sleep and reflect on it and I simply want to add that a few months back Resh had warned me about my actions in character and we spoke at length about it. I really did heed the warning and take his advice, I had 0 incidents up until the one resulting in this ban (which had been swearing at Tempest). I had even gone to lengths in-character to shape up with Ahzrukhal telling Phi, her husband, to remind her discretely if she ever starting being too abrasive. I did and am working towards acting less rude in character with Ahzrukhal and due to a stressful few weeks slipped up and snapped at Tempest in a way that was unacceptable. I understand my mistake and truly regret my actions because I'm invested in Ahzrukhal and the roleplay around her and don't want to lose all of it because I screwed up. All I want is one last chance to right my wrongs.
Kazkin

Postby Wickedtemp » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:26 pm

So for full disclosure, Ahz apologized to me in DM's this morning.

But, the incident wasn't just for 'swearing at Tempest'. Ahz, as a Chemist - I think they were the only medical crew at the time - resleeved Seraph. They intentionally didn't heal the body first. With an unupgraded printer, every body is printed in pain-crit due to the genetic damage, clearly visible on the MedHUD's, so we know if they're healed or not. Ahz, on purpose, resleeved Seraph into the body without healing it, deciding to do it after, because:

"Ahzrukhal Ahkeen says, "Ai totally dinnae' wait tae heal ye by the way, yer shits in this locker Ai cleaned it, yer welcome."
Seraph says, "Thanks and I noticed."
Ahzrukhal Ahkeen says, "Ai'm naught paid tae coddle anyone."
Ahzrukhal Ahkeen has analyzed Seraph's vitals.
Seraph says, "I believe you're paid to follow SOP though."
Ahzrukhal Ahkeen says, "Alroight, accordin' tae this ye cloned jus' fine."
Seraph says, "Well thanks."
Ahzrukhal Ahkeen says, "Off with ye, smartass."
Ahzrukhal Ahkeen asks, "Seriously?"
Ahzrukhal Ahkeen has grabbed Seraph passively!
Ahzrukhal Ahkeen has grabbed Seraph aggressively (now hands)!
Ahzrukhal Ahkeen has thrown Seraph.
Ahzrukhal Ahkeen says, "Stupid fuckin' dragon."
Seraph says, "I'm cleaning them" --- TempestNote: There was still gear in the toolbelt that hadn't been cleaned iirc.
Ahzrukhal Ahkeen has grabbed Seraph passively!
Ahzrukhal Ahkeen has grabbed Seraph aggressively (now hands)!
Seraph says, "Stop"
Ahzrukhal Ahkeen has thrown Seraph."

When Tempest showed up as CMO, there was already a malpractice investigation ongoing. Shi listened to Seraph's side of things, Ahz had spoken to Scarletta - the HoS - on their side. Scarletta wants to talk with Tempest in the Heads Meeting Room. Before shi goes to the meeting, Ahz goes "I'm off-duty now but didn't get the ID changed because the CD's a degenerate". I expected Scarletta to have a full report and didn't ask Ahz for their side of the story until Tempest learns that Ahz had essentially refused to comment on how exactly they handled the resleeving. Tempest, the CMO, PDA's Ahz, a Chemist, for that information. Ahz replies "I'm not talking about it with you". I really, really hate doing shit like "I am your Boss and your Immediate Superior, when I say Jump you hit the fucking ceiling" but I kinda had to, so Tempest reminds them that shi's the CMO, and shi's asking for patient treatment information. Ahz replies with "eat a fucking dick" and was demoted immediately after, but they were already heading to the tram at that point so it wasn't ever actually carried out.

After this, Tempest, and I believe everybody else involved, pretty much just figured that Ahz was guilty of everything they were charged with, because "It's Ahz. They're always doing shit like this. It'd be more of a surprise if we found out they were completely innocent." Afterward, I asked Seraph OOCly. Turns out it all happened exactly as Seraph said, surprising literally no one.

This comes after another incident in December where Ahz, as Pathfinder, shot an explorer in the leg with a laser weapon, to make a statement of authority. Ahz wanted to chase down and murder a pirate with their machete, if I remember correctly an explorer attempted to stop them with a grab, and afterward, Ahz shoots the explorer. There was another internal investigation about this, Central had to call the exploration team back to the station because they can't be trusted not to kill each other. If I didn't have my paperwork templates all macro'd, I honestly would have left that round, I must have sent like ten faxes. CMO Tempest ordered a psych eval, was told "fuck you I'd rather shoot myself than do it with you", which counts as a threat of self-harm, which means another note, another report, because given that they had shot someone previously, Tempest has to take that threat as though they're a genuine suicide-risk. The eval was done on a different round with somebody else as the psychiatrist. Ahz has always been, and has always remained, hostile and irrationally spiteful towards Tempest. And I have no clear indication as to why, other than a snippet from Kazkin, ""With Ahz/Chaka Temp its a entire ideal of difference. Ahz didn't like Temp the first moment she saw her because after a 5 min chat she could tell they'd never get along. Ahz is belligerent, doesn't take people seriously, and is such goods friends with death she gives him high fives everytime she gets near him. Tempest is the exact opposite of all that."" and it became it's just some dumb "LIGHT VERSUS THE DARK, FIRE AND ICE, DESTINED TO HATE AND FIGHT EACH OTHER FOR ALL ETERNITY!!!!" when ingame, it's entirely one-sided, with Ahz being the only one under the impression that they HAVE to be rude and hostile because of these ""conflicts"".

This has been going on for more than a few weeks. I haven't ever brought this up again with you after the last time because I knew it wouldn't result in any change. Personally, I feel as though the incident last month should've been enough of a "I hit reverse and fix this" moment, and I know that this isn't even the second, third, or fourth problem that's popped up. This is just the stuff I've been ingame and Command for, meaning that I actually had to get involved.
Wickedtemp

Postby nerdass » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:05 pm

how many last chances are you going to ask for
nerdass

Postby Kazkin » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:08 pm

The incident with Seraph was entirely handled poorly, I had oocly forgot about the pain crit because I rarely work medical and normally resleeve synths. Instead of explaining that in character or looc I rolled with it and acted shitty towards Seraph because again, I made poor choices that round, yelling at Tempest later on only compounded my mistakes and I feel shitty for doing it, hence the apology. The prior incident with shooting another explorer, in this case Phi Ahkeen, was what got me a warning from Resh and what made me want to change my actions to begin with. It worked until last night where I let my personal anger out of character bleed into my characters behavior and made things worse for everyone. I did get interviewed with Scarletta in character and, realizing the hole I dug myself in by rolling with my ooc mistake, tried to pass it off. Later on Tempest messaged Ahz and she/I reacted entirely poorly because I wanted to leave the round before I made things worse.

Tempest is right, this isn't the first or second time but I seriously was acting better and just made a mistake. Tempest is one of the people Ahz has been undeservedly rude to and I apologized for it, but it doesn't change my mistakes. I just want one more chance to fix things for good with Ahzrukhal instead of having her banned. I was doing great for nearly a month and a half until my own personal problems affected my choices in character and ruined things for everyone. It was entirely toxic and not what I wanted, I made several mistakes.

To respond to Nerdass, one. This last one, if I fuck up again you can ban me as a player permanately, not just my character. I'm dead serious about shaping up and I really was making an effort to make things better only to fuck up.
Kazkin

Postby Wickedtemp » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:10 pm

Adding onto this because I don't think I can edit my last post, but I feel this is worth mentioning:

Also, last night, Ahz asked Tempest if shi and Phi had ever done anything sexual. They hadn't, so Tempest says no. Ahz's response was basically "Huh I noticed you paused a bit before answering. Interesting.", Tempest flat out asks why they even bothered to ask that question if they're just going to make assumptions regardless of hir answer, and Ahz's response to that was "Oh now you're assuming that I made up my mind already, maybe that gives me all I need to do so" - quotes aren't exact because I don't have the logs, but that's the gist.

Ahz, you're the reason I don't even scene with Phi. Phi and I talked a lil about some neat doctor scenes we could do - You're the reason I put a halt on all of that. Because I have all the reason in the world to think that if Tempest actually did do something with Phi, you'd shit an absolute brick IC and make a huge fuss over it and add it to Ahz's pile of "WHY I FUCKIN' HATE TEMPEST", and it just isn't worth it. The scene isn't worth it, getting to know your character isn't worth it, you literally took the Simpson's Scotsman meme and turned it into a character, I don't know what else to say.
Wickedtemp

Postby Kazkin » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:13 pm

I know Tempest, and that is why I came to you privately first, I was unfair to you and I'm sorry. Nothing I can say will make it better for you but if given the chance I won't make your rounds worse ever again. I don't want to do that to you.
Kazkin

Postby Demicus_Maximus » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:18 pm

Full ban reason:

Was accused of deliberate malpractice in medical, sleeving Seraph without fixing genetic damage in order to make them feel pain. When confronted by the CMO and HoS, their flippant responses included "eat a bag of dicks" and then an attempt to avoid consequences by cryoing out. by Demicus_Maximus (HeadAdmin) on Tue, January 22nd of 2019

CHARACTER BAN: Ahzrukhal Ahkeen has been fired by the Company for medical malpractice. OOCly the character has become a liability and is creating enough friction that other players are reporting an unwillingness to play the game when the character is on. If these sorts if incidents continue, a QC/Toxic ban is in order. by Demicus_Maximus (HeadAdmin) on Tue, January 22nd of 2019
Demicus_Maximus

Postby Demicus_Maximus » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:22 pm

Given this also deals with more than this single incident, I'm going to open the appeal for community input.
Demicus_Maximus

Postby Wickedtemp » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:25 pm

Thing is, even if you promise not to do it again to me, and let's say the appeal is accepted and you make good on that promise - I'm still sitting here wondering why you ever started this shit in the first place, and if you're doing it to anybody else, if you'll just go back to doing it again, etc. Apparently, Ahz still makes jabs at Westfire ingame at times in Robotics over the last Internal Affairs report in December, because West was the IAA, so it isn't like that's new behavior. Then all of the issues last night happening without me even being there until the later part of the round. And, as far as I can tell, everything against Tempest is just because you OOCly decided to have Ahz irrationally despise hir. There was, as far as I could recall, no meaningful character interaction one way or the other between Ahz and Tempest, but you decided on a whim "Yes Ahz must hate this character no matter what happens. The earth may turn to dust and all the stars in the universe may dim and fade away, but this hate must endure!"
Wickedtemp

Next

Return to Denied