Sk1tz - Protean

Want to play a Vox? A Diona? A special snowflake former l33t SWAT Spetznas supersoldier failed experiment from Deathkilldie-6? This is where you come to pitch your ideas for everything normally not allowed as characters on the server, so we can mold it into something usable.

Moderator: Lore Masters

Sk1tz - Protean

Postby Sk1Tz » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:32 pm

BYOND Key: Sk1Tz

Species you want to apply for: Protean

Name of Characters In-game: (If applicable) Stitches.

How long you've been playing Vorestation: For two days, honestly. Though I've had plenty of experience with the code, since I've spent a lot of time in Citadel.

What is this character's backstory?: Stitches is the well-known company-supplied living toy crewmember comprised of sentient nanobots and synthetic cotton. They're made to help boost station morale, as well as being there for those who need a hug.

Some example names of the species: Living Plushie.

Summarize what you know about the species: Nanomachines, son. Prommie's brother, but not see-through. Vent-crawling blobs. Shadekins, but more likeable.

Play out the following simulated RP scenario (also feel free to alter this, as it is just an example scenario):
Recruiter: "So, tell me about yourself... what was your name again?"
You: Stitches, sir.
Recruiter: "Riiiiiiight..." The recruiter scribbles on his notepad, taking down notes. "Tell me about how you came to live on Virgo Prime."
You: I was sent here to receive data on what makes individuals happy, sir. It'd be a study that would help for future plans and designs to stabilize an increasing decline in morale in some NanoTrasen supported stations.
Recruiter: The recruiter nods, hardly making eye contact as he reads off the standard list of questions. "Do you have any past experience working on NanoTrasen stations?"
You: Multiple units identical to me have been sent to other NanoTrasen stations, and are well recieved and knowledgeable with the work that takes place here.
Recruiter: He nods again, writing down some notes, or perhaps doodling. It's impossible to tell which. "And what do you think you can bring to the company?"
You: A mentally improved workforce, sir.
Recruiter: "Very well. Thank you for your time. We will contact you as soon as there is an opening suited for you." The impatient recruiter finally looks up again and waves the applicant along, ready for the next potential new employee.

Why do you want to play this species?: Because it's the only species fitting for this character. Can't have bones, since it's a toy, so the majority of species are crossed off. Prommies was an option, but it was annoying how incredibily fragile and see-through they are, as well as limiting. Proteans personally are as close as I can get at having this character work to my liking.

What do you expect them to bring to the station's RP by this character being allowed?: Wholesome therapy for those who don't want to lewd all the time, as well as being a supportive character to those who need it. It's already worked in places like Citadel, so I'm definitely sure it can work here.
Sk1Tz

Re: Sk1tz - Protean

Postby Mewchild » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:38 pm

Protean aren't currently available for whitelisting on Vorestation
Mewchild

Postby Sk1Tz » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:40 pm

Mewchild wrote:Protean aren't currently available for whitelisting on Vorestation

Why not?
Sk1Tz

Postby nerdass » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:14 pm

lmao what
nerdass

Postby Sk1Tz » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:18 pm

nerdass wrote:lmao what

What what?
Sk1Tz

Postby nerdass » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:05 pm

I'm not sure why you're applying to play a race if you're just going to use it as a fancy custom species slot.
nerdass

Postby Sk1Tz » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:02 pm

nerdass wrote:I'm not sure why you're applying to play a race if you're just going to use it as a fancy custom species slot.

Okay? I am pretty sure I explained why in the application. Even then, I am unsure how that's an issue.
Sk1Tz

Postby Heroman3003 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:27 pm

Proteans are still technically WIP, so species is not just whitelisted, but mostly in-testing by developers.
Heroman3003

Postby nerdass » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:37 pm

Sk1Tz wrote:
nerdass wrote:I'm not sure why you're applying to play a race if you're just going to use it as a fancy custom species slot.

Okay? I am pretty sure I explained why in the application. Even then, I am unsure how that's an issue.

We've already got people who've played prometheans to do exactly what it is that you are trying to do, is the thing. I don't see why you need to be a protean to do this.
nerdass

Postby VerySoft » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:45 am

As nerdass elluded to, I'm not really sure why you need to be a protean to do this. If you want to be a living plush thing with no bones, you could honestly just make a custom species for that, make it look however you want. If you want to transform, then there's prometheans for that. If you want it specifically so you can ventcrawl around, then I'd be a bit wary of what you actually intend to do with it.

The app overall is very barebones. The character concept sort of flies in the face of what I understand nanotrasen's stance on nanomachines actually is. (which is to say, outside of very small specific uses, such as nanopaste and NIFs, they are super wary of them)

It seems super unlikely that nanotrasen would actually issue a living toy made out of nanomachines to the station. And passed that, Proteans are people, but it sounds like you're asking to play as property.

I donno. I'm just not keen on this app.
VerySoft

Return to Special Characters