Varonis - GM App

"When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy."
― Dave Barry, "Things That It Took Me 50 Years to Learn"
Forum rules
Don't even bother applying if you've not played here for at least a month. You will be ignored, and will probably be denied in the future for looking like a power hungry twat.

Varonis - GM App

Postby Varonis » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:52 pm

BYOND Key:Varonis

Discord ID:VulpineCrate#3456

Names of notable characters you play in Vorestation: Scarletta, N.E.E.D.L.E., Leera, Axitarimi Aritosa.

How long have you been playing Space Station 13: started back in 2015 stopped then got back into it back in June.

How long have you been playing Vorestation: Five months.

Describe what role-playing means to you: Making a character, giving them their own unique personality, views, mannerisms and through their eyes play with what goes on around them and how they'd react to the situations around them and help build the world around you.

Define what a "Problem Player" is in your own words: A 'Problem Player' in my eyes can be several things, someone who constantly needs admin intervention in some way, someone who's playing a character that is overly obnoxious and ruining the fun for other players trying to enjoy themselves as the 'Problem Player' is only focusing on their fun and not caring about others fun.

Define a "Toxic Player" in your own words: A 'Toxic Player' would be someone who's only reason to be there is to get a rise out of other people and just ruin other peoples fun intentionally for their own amusement.

Define "Admin Abuse" in your own words: Using admin powers to give one's self a unfair advantage, harassing players in some way(Spawning hostile mobs near them, taking things, breaking limbs, ETC.) Favoritism and holding a grudge against a player and denying them a event role because of said grudge.

In your opinion, what the biggest problem with the server right now?: I'd have to say that it's a lack of things to do, alot of times you'll see people just idling after they finish their work or just waiting about for something to do.

How would you have it resolved?: Introduce a little more activity to the server, little events in round that just give people a little more flavor in a shift. It'll make the rounds feel more varied and adds a bit of spice out of the same old monotony.

Go through the following scenarios and state how you would deal with it...

• An adminhelp comes in claiming an individual is griefing.
    How I'd handle it:Aghost to the person that the ticket was called upon and see if they're still griefing, if so then ping them about it to see if they own up to it and talk it out to see if it'd warrant a punishment or simply a warning. If it happens once more after then go with the punishment after talking to them and letting them know why they are getting said punishment. Once all is said and done PM the person that asked about the Ahelp and let them know it was handled.
  • A player is upset about a scenario, but they are clearly in the wrong.
    How I'd handle it: Simply talk to them, calm them down about it and explain how it is they are clearly wrong. Try to talk to them about how they can improve the next time this situation may occur.
  • When interviewing several individuals, one is lying but you cannot tell who it is.
    How I'd handle it: Get everyone involved's story, gather the logs and ask any ghost if they were around at the time of this event to try to figure out which individual is lying.
  • After interviewing several individuals, you have a pretty good idea of who is lying, but still lack concrete, infallible proof. Despite your best efforts, some details remain ambiguous. What now?
    How I'd handle it: Ask another admin their opinion on the situation or if they might have seen something, while also asking the two people if they can settle out their issue in a more calmly manner. If no further evidence can be found then note down all the important details and let them know that what they did is wrong.
  • An individual is playing a character who has sparked several adminhelps regarding said individual, but they are not in any clear violation of the rules.
    How I'd handle it: I'd see if there was any notes on said person from any other admin that could have been there. See what complaints about the character are and if they're just skirting around the rules. But in the end give them a PM to let them know that what they are doing is bothering other players and ask them if they could hold back on what they are doing.
  • Multiple character deaths have occurred and you are attempting to investigate. One player exhibits poor role-playing skills combined with insulting all those involved, another rushed after trouble started and only used lethal force, and a third went on and attacked several other individuals after the first fight was finished.
    How I'd handle it: If these three individuals are still causing trouble, paralyze them so they can no longer cause a scene then do my best to calm then down before going to each individually and work this out. Starting with the first person, ask them to stop their insults, it's unlikely they'll get much of a punishment unless they keep up their insulting also let them know that this is a heavier RP server and they may be comfier on a lighter rp server though we all started somewhere so it won't be pushed.

With the second person, unless they are still using lethal force after the situation is over then give them a warning or light punishment and inform them on what they were doing wrong then send them on their day.

The third person is like the second a warning or punishment as needed and let them know that they were not needed to be there and might have only escalated the issue at hand. All of this can be increased if each individual is being rude and not listening or as soon as the issue is dealt with go right back into it.

What prior admin/moderator/management experience do you possess, if any?: Was a active admin/Gamemaster on several Gmod servers for four years, one being a heavy RP server (two years as a gamemaster.) while the other was just a rotating game mode server. (four years.) I'm currently a manager at a fast food joint and have to deal with alot of issues so it's nothing new when it comes to dealing with problem people.

Finally, what unique aspects of yourself can you bring to the staff? What can you bring to the team that is, in your opinion, needed?: A fresh face among the group, I want to make the server lively and fun for everyone and assist other admins and players in their events so that everyone can have a good time because in the end we're all here to have fun.
Varonis

Re: Varonis - GM App

Postby VerySoft » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:23 pm

I don't think I've ever had a negative opinion of anything I've seen you do. You're polite and level headed from what I've seen.

The answers you gave were fine too. I think you've got the right attitude to help make fun happen as a GM.
VerySoft

Postby Mr_Signmeup » Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:09 am

Writes well. Plays well. I've heard some of their ideas and I'm honestly interested to see how they play out! Considering some are vore focused! I give my support for this!
Reshskaskakss Seekiseekis, Chief of Security, Security Officer, Warden.
Mr_Signmeup

Postby Zalvine » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:18 pm

I admit I don't know you well as I could. But after some poking around, and glancing through the discord. I'm willing to apply 'kin stamp of support.
Zalvine

Postby lira » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:43 am

We haven't interacted much, but from what I've seen, you're one of the stronger role players and I'm inclined to think you'd be good at creating fun events.

Support!
lira

Postby Aces » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:35 am

Posting to state I have read every response up to this point, and so this application is pending a final reply.
“A leader is one who, out of madness or goodness, volunteers to take upon himself the woe of the people. There are few men so foolish, hence the erratic quality of leadership.”
― John Updike
Aces

Postby Demicus_Maximus » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:55 pm

I think we can always use a good GM. Especially a vorish one, who has done great stuff assisting events and scenes going on around the station. And I swear you don't sleep, because I see you on constantly. :) All in all, I think you're a solid choice. +support
Demicus_Maximus

Postby Scree » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:37 am

Vore GMs are good. You just need to be a touch more confident about poking us for them since last time it took another player throwing you at me. Won't be an issue if you're a GM and don't actually need admin assistance to run a thing. (plus you'd be in staffchat and get to join our event shitposting brainstorming)
Scree

Postby Mewchild » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:38 pm

I’ve been holding off on replying to this, as Varonis is a very good friend of mine. They’ve tossed me a large number of event ideas in private messages, and we’ve spent no small amount of time brainstorming things. The work they’ve been doing as a pirate has been outstanding, going out of their way to make sure the targeted players feel important and multiple people/departments are involved. I can’t support Varonis enough on this.
Mewchild

Postby Aces » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:28 am

Ignore notification emails you may have gotten about this thread being locked or responded to. I misread the name of the app lol

I have not reached a final decision on this one yet
“A leader is one who, out of madness or goodness, volunteers to take upon himself the woe of the people. There are few men so foolish, hence the erratic quality of leadership.”
― John Updike
Aces

Return to Staff Applications