Discussion: Reusable/Disposable Syringes

Suggest new things or complain about things that suck/are broken. Work with people to better your idea(s), or help each other figure out how to fix something that isn't working as you thought it should. Getting feedback for your characters can also be done here.

Re: Discussion: Reusable/Disposable Syringes

Postby Draycu » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:38 am

I’d have to agree that it would be far better if the syringes were reverted, and if viruses were reimplemented.

It would be nice if there were more common cold variety diseases, something generally non life threatening that could be transmitted through reused syringes. It would be fantastic if it gave the virologist job a purpose to exist, I’d say, since they can’t actually treat the infections any more than a chemist could, with the current system in place.
Draycu

Postby LiquidFirefly » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:45 pm

Okay yes but why would we add another layer of annoyance that could possibly trigger just to generate meaningless logs midscene, mid rp, mid job. There's really not a point to doing it.
I gremlin
LiquidFirefly

Postby Nanaki » Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:17 pm

James Holder wrote:Wait. The old syringes already transmitted viruses? Are you sure? That kind of makes them more realistic than the current ones, considering that if I got stuck by a dumpster needle, I'd be worried about getting AIDS or Hepatitis, not a massive, fatal infection like you'd get from having most of your skin burnt off or getting bitten by a komodo dragon.

Not sure if the old ones did, but the current ones do transmit viruses on top of causing super infections.
Nanaki

Postby James Holder » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:55 pm

Nanaki wrote:
James Holder wrote:Wait. The old syringes already transmitted viruses? Are you sure? That kind of makes them more realistic than the current ones, considering that if I got stuck by a dumpster needle, I'd be worried about getting AIDS or Hepatitis, not a massive, fatal infection like you'd get from having most of your skin burnt off or getting bitten by a komodo dragon.

Not sure if the old ones did, but the current ones do transmit viruses on top of causing super infections.

Sounds like getting rid of the forced infection chance, and keeping the virus transmission would be the best solution. It removes the insanely deadly random infections but keeps them disposable, even if we pretty much never have viruses.

Making the one click injection only happen on mobs, or removing it entirely would also be nice.
James Holder

Postby Dhaeleena » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:35 am

I was about to suggest to add something related to 'Sharing needles between different Alien species' because you sure as hell would catch some weird shit if you inject a skrell and then a human with the same syringe or something, That might be cool maybe. But then i remembered that we have customs species and doing anything Species wise is literally impossible now
Dhaeleena

Postby Wickedtemp » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:08 pm

Having the syringe break after being used a few times would be better than an infection timer, anyway. And it more accurately would reduce syringes being re-used, instead of simply making it a case of "You can, but your patient's going to suffer from it"
Wickedtemp

Postby LiquidFirefly » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:20 pm

Wickedtemp wrote:Having the syringe break after being used a few times would be better than an infection timer, anyway.

Okay yes, but why would we do that when there's literally a better alternative in just removing the change altogether. There was never a good reason why we shouldn't be using syringes infinitely.

I'm also going to note that the poll here https://www.strawpoll.me/16010811
Nearly has 2/3rds majority for removal.
I gremlin
LiquidFirefly

Postby Wickedtemp » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:48 am

LiquidFirefly wrote:
Wickedtemp wrote:Having the syringe break after being used a few times would be better than an infection timer, anyway.

Okay yes, but why would we do that when there's literally a better alternative in just removing the change altogether. There was never a good reason why we shouldn't be using syringes infinitely.

I'm also going to note that the poll here https://www.strawpoll.me/16010811
Nearly has 2/3rds majority for removal.

Because as much as I'd rather have it removed, its not going to happen, and I'm capable of recognizing as much.
Wickedtemp

Postby LiquidFirefly » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:45 am

Wickedtemp wrote: Because as much as I'd rather have it removed, its not going to happen, and I'm capable of recognizing as much.

I realize that it's not likely, but I like to think player opinions matter. Call me hopeful.
I gremlin
LiquidFirefly

Postby Wickedtemp » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:36 am

I mean it is being removed, but it's likely to be replaced by having the syringe break instead since that's what Ace wants.
Wickedtemp

Previous

Return to Suggestions, Feedback, and Troubleshooting