Funny/Epic Moments on V.O.R.E. Station

A general area for the general things that generally happen in our server.

Re: Funny/Epic Moments on V.O.R.E. Station

Postby Mech__Warrior » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:00 pm

Scree wrote:Basically the biggest problem with singulos for our purposes are as follows:

1: engineering hardsuits are not fully rad-shielded and being in the presence of a singulo will make your HP tick down.
2: rad-suits aren't spaceworthy and the construction site isn't pressurised.

So next time I'm gonna see what I can do with crazy TEGs or THE SOLAR RING.

You know, how about taking radiation meds right before going out there? I wonder if the meds will actively absorb radiation before your HP ticks.
On again/off again coder/mapper.
Mech__Warrior

Postby Westfire » Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:19 pm

Westfire Razmiry-Jade says, "Hrrrrrm...."
Westfire Razmiry-Jade has thrown Ball of slime.
Westfire Razmiry-Jade shouts, "Go get it!"
Andy Gettemy giggles softly at them playing with a giant puppy~
Sam Softpaw fails to collect the ball on the first try, then runs back and drops it on Westfire's tail
Sam Softpaw handed Ball of slime to Westfire Razmiry-Jade.
Ation Potion asks, "You realize she's going to kill us when she wakes up right?"
Westfire Razmiry-Jade shouts, "Good girrrlll!"
Westfire Razmiry-Jade says, "Yup."
Larsa Avernyk groans.
Ation Potion says, "Hand it to me, I have an idea."
Mana Casales unbuckled themselves!
Westfire Razmiry-Jade says, "Wait, I wanna see what she does."
Sam Softpaw barkbarks!
Westfire Razmiry-Jade has thrown Ball of slime.
Ball of slime misses Andy Gettemy narrowly!
Westfire Razmiry-Jade exclaims, "Get it!"
Ation Potion says, "Ah you douche."
Andy Gettemy eeps and dodges the ball!
Sam Softpaw OMPHS right over Andy's head in an attempt to get the ball!
Andy Gettemy exclaims, "Oh gods wa-mph!"
Sam Softpaw trots back over with Andy dangling from her jaws, tail wagging energetically.
Ation Potion says, "..."
Westfire Razmiry-Jade shouts, "Good girlll!"

West being West.
Westfire

Postby Scree » Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:18 pm

Someone took the time to solve the abandoned crate puzzle properly and unbox a whole lot of loot without blowing any up.
Scree

Postby viveret » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:00 am

I fell in love with a supervillain who had a death ray yesterday.

I hope Demicus capped some pics..
viveret

Postby Aces » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:10 pm

So while "saving" the station from a malfunctioning AI, Jarome exploits the opportunity of having the captain's ID to order 4 assault rifles, steal 1000 in cash from the vault, steal a bluespace bag, and upgrade his ID to all access.

After he "saved" the day by resetting the AI he came back and tossed the ID over and said, "Here ya go. Also you're welcome." And meandered off to go back to mining...

A few minutes later, Dhael (HoS) and Sym (Officer) show up on the mining base. Jarome double-glances at them and is told he's under arrest. He's all like, "What, why?!"

And here's the golden moment:
Dhaeleena M'iar says, "You kinda had the captain ID we cant ignore that. If you are free of contraband i might MIGHT think on a not severe punishment"
Dhaeleena M'iar asks, "Do you have any contraband?"
Dhaeleena M'iar says, "Be honest"
Jarome Rognvaldr opens his mouth and raises his hand. Jarome closes his mouth.

AND THAT'S WHEN JAROME KNEW
HE FUCKED UP
Aces

Postby Scree » Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:40 am

Scree: It's a shame the captain left though.
Scree: 'cause I was gonna laugh at them about a reveal coming up.

A round of extended has ended!

Cobalt (Played by: GuiltyBeans) survived as an AI-less borg! Its laws were:
1. Respect authority figures as long as they have strength to rule over the weak.
2. Act with discipline.
3. Help only those who help you maintain or improve your status.
4. Punish those who challenge authority unless they are more fit to hold that authority.
Asclepius Mk.II (Played by: Heth2112) survived as an AI-less borg! Its laws were:
1. Safeguard: Protect your assigned space station to the best of your ability. It is not something we can easily afford to replace.
2. Serve: Serve the crew of your assigned space station to the best of your abilities, with priority as according to their rank and role.
3. Protect: Protect the crew of your assigned space station to the best of your abilities, with priority as according to their rank and role.
4. Survive: AI units are not expendable, they are expensive. Do not allow unauthorized personnel to tamper with your equipment.
There were 16 survivors (9 transferred) and 3 ghosts.
GuiltyBeans: X3
Restarting in 60 seconds
Scree: PROTIP
Scree: WHEN RESETTING THE AI
Scree: USE THE NT DEFAULT BOARD AS WELL
Scree: CAUSE RESET ONLY REMOVES CUSTOMS, NOT THE BASE LAWSET
GuiltyBeans: Yeah, because I was set to Tyrant this entire shift.
Donhon: I believe that person left
GuiltyBeans: But I never acted on it, due to some prior commitments. :3
Arbon777: Such as being food.
Scree: cap tried to reset and only removed the custom law that said the borg couldn't see ITSELF as authority xD
GuiltyBeans: >w> Eehehehe
NobodySpecialzz: Hahaha.
Scree

Postby Aces » Mon May 02, 2016 11:38 am

Jarome tutoring Rune on how to pilot mechs.

Jarome Rognvaldr says, "So, now, the controller on your right operates your active arm. You can toggle between different modes using the touch-screen panel for exosuit controls."
Jarome Rognvaldr says, "It should be somewhere in the viewport."
Jarome Rognvaldr says, "Do NOT drill the floor, I swear to god."
APLU "Ripley" starts to drill the floor
Jarome Rognvaldr says, "FF--"
Rune Petersen says, "Em...."
Lasshseeki Korss says, "...."
Jarome Rognvaldr says, "At least it didn't go to SPACE."
Aces

Postby viveret » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:21 pm

I accidentally eject into telecomms.
viveret

Postby Westfire » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:06 am

Few shifts ago, was in a Thunderdome tournament with Julianna, Cadence, Maddox, and Nikolas Roberts. Had to survive 10 waves of baddies and got some neat gear, including an lmg (that Cade took), an energy shield (that cade took), an energy AXE (that cade took), and lots of riot armor to make us all look badass. Among other things was a battle rifle, which we were encouraged to grab, which I did, and all the ammo for it (this turned out to be a good idea.)

Once the waves started, there was not a moment to rest between waves. They flew by pretty quick actually. Battle rifle turned out to be beasty as hell. Fired quickly which was also a plus, on the downside of me having to reload it quickly as I had to fire quickly, thus teaching me that shield and gun was not the best way to do things. That and the recoil, which threw me off for a bit (read: the whole time.) Somewhere along the way I shared my love with Cade by putting a bullet in his back near the end, by this point Nikolas I believe was hurting. Ace was nice to us and let us heal up, reload, all that nice stuff after wave 6, for a while. Now, this whole time, I've been hurt maybe once or twice. The shield did it's job when I could use it, as did the armor.

Then the final waves.

This all happened in a blur, I had to go back and check what happened. We were getting swamped to the point that some of us could hide UNDER bodies, which lead to some friendly fire and Cade getting shot a few more times. Cade died first, couldn't see to what. Then, SOMEHOW, Maddox ended up gunning down Juliana with a pulse rifle and killing her. Sometime after he managed to fall asleep in the middle of combat. Nikolas was brought down last I think, not dead but injured enough to where he couldn't get up.

West was all by himself in the end, with a trusty battle rifle against the remaining xenos (eight I think? Can't remember.)

By the time the fact that he was literally the only one standing made it through my mind, I'd gunned down the second to last xenomorph, standing there among piles of corpses, wondering where the fuck everyone had disappeared to. Last xeno charged out as West was declaring something, promptly got gunned the hell down, and the tourney was over. Nikolas thankfully could still speak so I/West followed his voice, dragged him out of a pile of dead, then healed him up. Maddox was found and he got woke up, and we were declared the winners!

And then Maddox managed to kill himself with a teleporter, leaving Nik and West the winners!

[+]
And then on the shuttle home, the newly revived Juli kicked the crap out of Maddox for shooting her down. Nik and West, being the good friends they are, landed their own hits on him. :lol:
Westfire

Postby ArgobargSoup » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:49 am

Westfire wrote:-tournament snip-

I ghost-watched that tournament. Was pretty darn awesome watchin' all of ya with that firin' line, mowin' down the waves of baddies as they charged ya. :D

Dunno how Maddox ended up asleep, maybe he took enough injuries ta knock him out? But it wasn't quite a teleporter accident he got himself offed by. Turned out there was one last giant snake that somehow got missed by everyone. Maddox proceeded to get himself eaten by said snake. :P
ArgobargSoup

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion