Guides for dummies - Supermatter engine.

I have no idea what I am doing.

Guides for dummies - Supermatter engine.

Postby AngelusDominusRadiant » Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:35 pm

Guide outdated since the patch of 27/09/2015. Use this as a guide for the current engine

Skeleton shift and only the chef is on with two assistants in her belly?
Station is dark and people are scared of darkness?
You want to set the power but are afraid to get lost in maint when setting the solars?
You have absolutely no bloody idea what this "supermatter" Im talking about is?
You just want to get over it as quickly as possible so you can crawl up the butt of that purple lizard in the bar?
This guide is for you! It might seem a bit lengthy, but really it takes just ~15 minutes to complete the setup.

1. What do I need?
-An ID with engineering access. Image Who would have thought, eh? Chief engineer, station engineer and atmospheric technician get those.
-Optical Meson Scanners. Image Wear this all the time to protect yourself from the hallucinations that the supermatter (I will call it SM from now) would give you otherwise. Those can be found in maintance, the emergency tool storage, or the engineering lockers.
-A wrench. Image You should spawn with one, check your toolbelt.

2. Where do I go?
You need to get to engineering. From the arrivals shuttle, this is the path:

This is engineering, you can see the cables and pipes because this is taken from the map editor. Those arent visible in game like that.
1. Locker room, here you will find the mesons and some other basic equipment, below is the workshop where you can find all the needed tools. The white puddles in the workshop arent cum, thats how oil stains look in the map view.
2. Engineering Hard Storage. Here you will find the gas cans you will need to set the engine.
3. The engine room itself. You can ignore the room with the consoles, you dont need to do anything there.
4. The SMES room. Here the energy generated by the engine is stored and connected to the station power grid.

3. What do I do?

-3.1. Fill the plasma canisters.
Go to the Engineering Hard Storage (room 2 in the pic above).
-First push the blue canister away, you dont need it and it just gets in the way. You dont need the N2 canisters now, but you will need them later. For now go to the Tank Storage Unit Image and dispense 6 plasma tanks Image. Yes, it's plasma, if you call it "phoron" I will knock your teeth off with a wrench.
Now you need to fill those tanks with plasma. THIS IS THE MOST DANGEROUS PART AND THE EASIEST TO FUCK UP. If you happen to cause a leak, scroll to the bottom of this guide. But just do as I say and you will be fine. Pick up one tank, and place it into the Plasma canister Image and click it to open the interface. This will show up.
0. Click this button to maximize the output pressure. You only need to do this the first time.
1. Make sure you inserted the plasma tank into the can and it actually shows up there (Under "Holding Tank Status" ). Click this button. A green background on this button means the valve is open.
2. Wait for this indicator to show 1013 kPa.
3. Click this button to close the valve, make sure the background on this button is green before proceeding.
4. Click this button to eject the filled tank.

Now insert the next tank and repeat until you filled them all.

-3.2. Set the collectors.
Once you fill up all the tanks, stuff them into your backpack and go to the engine room.
Put on the radiation suit and hood from the radiation suit closet. Then press one of the buttons at the end of the room (labeled as 2. on the pic), and then wrench all the 6 radiation collectors Image down. Then click them with your empty hand to turn them on Image, and insert the plasma tanks into them.

-3.3. Set the coolant.
Go to every pump Image marked with a yellow circle on the pic, and make sure its turned on, and with an output pressure of 4500 kPa. Now... remember the N2 canisters Image in the engineering storage room? Go back for them, and drag both red canisters to the engine room. Then just wrench them into the port Image at the right side, labeled on the pic as 1. Wrench one first, wait until it shows a red blinking light, then unwrench it and wrench the second one. With that the coolant loop is set.

-3.4. Set the SMESes
Go to the SMES room, and click one of them to open the interface:
1. Click dis.
2. And here.
3. And here, set it to ~75000.
4. Click here

Repeat for every SMES unit and you are done here.

-3.5. Fire up the darn thing already.
Alright, you did all of that and didn't kill yourself in the process, nor blew up anything in a spectacular manner? It wasn't that hard, right? Time for the last part. Go back to the engine room, and click that little button on the wall, labeled on the pic as 3. There are two buttons there, click the one on the left. That will open the shutters between the SM and the emitter. Now click the emitter with your empty hand, and fire 16 shots. The emitter pauses firing for few seconds every 4 shots, so counting is easy. Then click the emitter to turn it off, and close the shutter by pushing that button by the wall again.

Go back to the SMES room and double-check that all of them are outputting. Congratulations, you have secured a power source that doesnt need any kind of mainetance for the next 8 hours. You can go nom the cute atmos tech that has been slacking off all this time.

->OH GOD THE CORE IS ON FIRE WHATDOIDO HELP
Go to the engine room, and to the bottom right corner of the room, there is a small button on the wall. Push it. It will eject the SM into space. Congratulations for saving the station from your own stupidity. Now go set the solars.

I LEAKED THE PLASMA IN THE ENGI STORAGE OH MY SINGULOTH IM DYING
Stop. Don't panic. Dont exit the room. Dont cause sparks. Dont make a flame. Drop the plasma tank if you are holding any. Take the box from your satchel and put your internals and turn them on. Unless you are wearing a hardsuit, your clothes are contaminated, so you are going to die one way or another. The best you can do is call for help without causing the plasma to lit, and let another more competent engineer with a hardsuit and a portable scrubber come to rescue you, and clean up your mess.
If you try to run out of the room, you will cause the plasma to spread, making it more difficult to clean, and you wont escape from it anyways because the gas will follow you gladly.
There is a disposal chute in the room. Hop in and call for help, saying what happened. You are probably going to die but now at least you can handle the situation properly after being cloned.

Uh... I forgot I had access to the door, and tried to hack it, it sparked and now everything's on fire and Im ded..... halp?
Welp, you dun goofed. You are deader than dead, even in a hardsuit. The raging fire will overheat and overpressurize the room, breaking the nearby canisters and adding even more pressure. This will take forever to scrub with the automatic pipe system, and you cant safely enter the room unless you have a firefighter ripley or something.
If you didnt get a pre-scan, I'm afraid you aren't getting cloned anytime soon...
Last edited by AngelusDominusRadiant on Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
AngelusDominusRadiant

Re: Guides for dummies - Supermatter engine.

Postby Scree » Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:47 pm

If you leak plasma, the disposal chute in hard storage will take you directly outside without opening any airlocks or spreading the leak. Jump in and call for a medic to pick your horribly toxic corpse up from the workshop.

Oh, dunno if you're used to a different map, but in our current one (which we're only gonna have for like another week) the button on the wall in the engine room only opens the vent. Which will still vent all the fire into space and hopefully help, but to eject the core, you need to use the mass driver button in the CE office behind the red glass. (there's a button to open the vent there too)
Scree

Postby AngelusDominusRadiant » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:06 pm

Good point with the chute, never noticed it there. Will edit accordingly.

And I swear I saw the supermatter being ejected just by pressing that button, probably because of the ZAS airflow pushing the crystal out.

Also your avatar is scari... o-o
AngelusDominusRadiant

Postby Aces » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:40 pm

Needs an update. It's invalid for the new engine.
Aces

Postby AngelusDominusRadiant » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:21 pm

I edited the post with a link to the official guide for the current engine.

I will write an updated version when... well, I learn how to use it properly and can upload screenshots again.
AngelusDominusRadiant

Postby orbisa » Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:50 pm

Remember, ten shots. Also if you can include a guide for the RCON console, that would be fantastic, I seen quite a few engineers lately that succesfully set up the engine and forget about those, giving us on and off instances of power
RetiredEnslaved Coder
orbisa

Postby Aces » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:42 am

The wiki page contains a guide to SME setup.
Aces

Postby AngelusDominusRadiant » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:41 am

Which is what we have currently, last i checked.
AngelusDominusRadiant

Return to Tutorials & Information.