Marco_Barko - Black Eyed Shadekin

Want to play a Vox? A Diona? A special snowflake former l33t SWAT Spetznas supersoldier failed experiment from Deathkilldie-6? This is where you come to pitch your ideas for everything normally not allowed as characters on the server, so we can mold it into something usable.

Moderator: Lore Masters

Marco_Barko - Black Eyed Shadekin

Postby Marco_Barko » Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:08 am

BYOND Key: Marco_Barko

Species you want to apply for: Black Eyed Furball

Name of Characters In-game: Scribe

How long you've been playing Vorestation: It's been at least two years now, but I haven't been keeping good track I'm afraid.

What is this character's backstory?: Scribe is a a shadekin that's got an overwhelming fascination with the pursuit of knowledge. Books, medical papers, short stories, you name it, he's probably collected it and damn near memorized every word. His obsession has led him towards NT controlled space more often than not, happily able to read his fill in the on station libraries whenever present. An unfortunate incident involving an attempt to collect an engineering manual, however, put him in far too close proximity to an active supermatter crystal, and as one thing led to another, he rushed his attempt to phase out, resulting in his current state, stranded on the Adephagia, and irreversibly separated from his kin. He's since done his best to adapt to his new surroundings, and for the most part has happily settled in as a librarian.

Summarize what you know about the species: Shadekin are a fairly elusive species that have the innate ability to shift between planes, and have become more and more common in NT controlled space as of recently. Their eye color tends to dictate which plane they reside in the most, and often will affect their personality and behaviour as a result. Black eyes are shadekin who, for one reason or another, have entirely lost their ability to shift, and are unfortunately now stuck in our plane.

Play out the following simulated RP scenario:
Adephagia Security Officer: "So, let me get this straight. You claim your trespass was caused by an..."

Scribe: "An unforeseen fold in spacetime that caused irreversible damage to my--"

Adephagia Security Officer: "--Alright alright, I get it, I get it, don't talk my ear off. I'll be frank with you, you aren't making a very compelling case for yourself, buddy."

Scribe: "W-well, no, but I never intended to--"

Adephagia Security Officer: "Look, I'll tell you what, bud. Plea guilty to a trespassing infraction, and I can offer you a reduced sentence duration. You'll be out in no time. Does that sound good?"

Scribe: "...I-I suppose so, yes."

Why do you want to play this species?: I've had scribe sitting around in my character directory for a long while, as a regular shadekin. I thoroughly enjoy the interactions I've had with him around, but my life schedule has unfortunately placed me in a situation where I'm rarely online at the same time as an admin that can spawn me in, so I almost never get to use him. I'm applying for this in the hopes that as a blackeye I can put him to use again as a librarian, he's one of my favorite characters, and I sorely miss using him.

What do you expect them to bring to the station's RP by this character being allowed?: Scribe is someone I've used in the past for a lot of inter-dimensional shenanigans, and I feel that that kind of IC perspective on the universe will remain very fun to use, even if he can't actually interact with it personally any longer.
Marco_Barko

Re: Marco_Barko - Black Eyed Shadekin

Postby Marco_Barko » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:02 am

On further consideration, I feel like I rushed this application somewhat. I'm hopeful it'll still pass, but I definitely see some glaring flaws with it. Bleh.
Why are you locked in the bathroom? Maybe you should try getting a job.
Marco_Barko

Postby Scree » Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:13 am

.... why do I have a feeling that a fun introduction of this character to the station would be to spawn them naked, beat the shit out of them, then buildmode throw them at the wall of an occupied room?

WELCOME TO REALSPACE, FUCKO
Scree

Postby Marco_Barko » Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:48 am

Scree wrote:.... why do I have a feeling that a fun introduction of this character to the station would be to spawn them naked, beat the shit out of them, then buildmode throw them at the wall of an occupied room?

WELCOME TO REALSPACE, FUCKO

SNRK. Okay, yeah that would honestly be funny as hell. I would enjoy that.
Why are you locked in the bathroom? Maybe you should try getting a job.
Marco_Barko

Return to Special Characters