Moderator: Game Admins

Tonyvld QC Ban

Postby tonyvld » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:21 pm

Byond Name and Character Name: Tonyvld, Tony Bingham
Banning admin: JerTheAce
Ban type: Server and Discord
Ban reason given: Quality Control
Ban length: Permanent
Approximate date that the ban was placed (including time zone): 3/6/2018. Sorry, I don't know the time of the ban.
Your side of the story: My side of this is simple. I did alot of shady, creepy shit. The list of what I've done is long and honestly pretty bad.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I'm a different person than I was three years ago, I know what's cool and what's not cool. I know what I did wasn't cool and the things I've done from before the ban weren't right. While I admit I wasn't the best person in the world and was likely one of the worst, it's just not who I am anymore. I would deeply appreciate the chance to prove this, admins I know you are looking at this and very likely going "Oh god, not this guy." and for good reason, and you are not the only ones thinking or saying that, I know this. I've no good reason for what I did, what I did back in the day, throughout my entire time on Virgo was either highly questionable or just flat out cringe inducing to seizure levels of cringe. I would like to take this chance to apologize to you, and everyone else I've made feel a certain way about me, and I know this is something I have no right to ask of you, the staff or anyone else, but I ask all of you for this chance to show a changed person, someone you don't have to hover over and constantly keep an eye on. I know my problems were creepiness, obsessiveness and just being flat out overly clingy, along with several other things that weren't alright like being overly aggressive. I know that just isn't how a normal person should be, you should just be calm, peaceful and let things flow naturally, never try and force anything as it can lead to situations that you never would be in, if you weren't overly clingy or obsessive. I was a jerk, dismissive and was only ever out for my own interests and not the interests of others, this was unacceptable behavior on my end. I hope all of you can forgive me for what I've done, I will show you I've changed, but I won't be going out of my way to show you, meaning I'm not going to harass you with messages of me doing something good to show I've changed, what I mean by I'll show you I've changed is that I'll just let you see it on your own, I won't go drawing attention to it, as that is more harmful than helpful. I hope this appeal goes well, and I hope the appeal reaches all of you in good health.
tonyvld

Re: Tonyvld QC Ban

Postby nerdass » Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:59 am

The things that you did in our community were so bad that you occasionally get brought up in chat to trigger the people who were around at the time you played.

You are infamous. I don't think you'd find a good place here even if we let you back in.
nerdass

Postby PontifexMinimus » Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:02 am

I honestly cannot support this in good comfort.

Even if it's three years later, this still circulates every so often about the infamous day of the bracelet and it still gets the same reaction from people.

I don't know why would you want to return.

I also checked the last appeal and it seems almost like this is basically just the same version of it, but with a longer explanation.

No support.
PontifexMinimus

Postby tonyvld » Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:28 am

I get that, Nerd and Pontifex. But, honestly, ya never know unless you try. And Pontifex, on this basically being the same, just means I'm being honest with all of you, I know my name around the server is seriously bad, and for the most part, unless interacted with I'd just keep to myself. It's kinda what I do these days, even on other servers. Unless someone I know and get along wtih gets on, then most I really do is give em a greeting and let em go about their day. I understand I might not fit in well at first, nobody does when they come back from bans were they were total shitheads. But over time, people kinda move on from it when they see it's not the same person anymore. They don't forget it, but they do move on from it at some point. I know this won't be an overnight deal, I know people for a good while are going to be highly suspicious of me, or just outright hate me. Despite all that, I'm willing to still step in, face the music, and let them say what they need to say or do what they need to do. I won't object, I deserve it. But, I'll still be there, ready to show I've changed. I won't force people to see it, I'll let them see it on their own. Anyone can change, you just have to be willing to see it, and the changed person has to be willing to show it.
tonyvld

Postby Demicus_Maximus » Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:55 am

I will say this. The bracelet incident, despite being brought up as a negative point, was not against the rules. Just really... weird.

Also, other servers haven't reported any bans or the like since your last appeal, at least not yet. Have you been active on other servers recently?

For now I will not give a yes or a no vote. I remain unconvinced.
Demicus_Maximus

Postby tonyvld » Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:30 am

To answer your question Demi, yes, I've played on Chomps Station, and have been doing very well there. Even got whitelisted (dunno if that helps much, but I figured it might help). I do on there, what I said I would do here. Sit around, chill, and pretty much only talk to those I know well, or those that talk to me first. I don't really engage, outside of a "Hey." "How ya been?" or just normal casual talk, and the only ones I do that to are the ones I know, they know me and we get along well. Otherwise I just keep to myself and let things flow and happen naturally. But yes, Chomps is where I play, and I pop in every now and again and relax, and I'll admit, not everyday is perfect, and if I feel myself getting heated or worked up, I just go to cryo, and step away for a few. Be it to draw, play a different game or chat with a friend on discord for a little bit. I just, don't really do much, just mostly chill and relax, but yes I play there (when my work schedule allows.) As for other stations? Not that I know of?? Like, Chomps is the only other vore based SS13 server I'm aware of.
tonyvld

Postby PontifexMinimus » Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:53 am

This is not open to the community.

Do not peanut gallery post.
PontifexMinimus

Postby tonyvld » Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:57 am

Uhm, I wasn't Pontifex? I was responding to Demi's question, saying what station I frequent, what I usually do there, and saying it'd be what I do here. And just mentioned I had gotten a whitelist there.
tonyvld

Postby tonyvld » Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:12 am

Ah, apologies Pontifex, I was confused, but I'm guessing someone posted to the thread that wasn't an admin. Sorry, I was just wondering what might've been wrong with my response to Demi.
tonyvld

Postby Kenzie » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:17 am

tonyvld wrote:I know this is something I have no right to ask of you, the staff or anyone else, but I ask all of you for this chance to show a changed person, someone you don't have to hover over and constantly keep an eye on.

If you have no right to ask it why are you asking it?

I am pretty unconvinced by this appeal. it has been a long time so it is not impossible that you have changed, but I'm kinda in the same boat as dragor/nerdass in that I can't really see a good reason for you to return to this community with your reputation. Moreover, I don't really see why you would want to given the memories that many people will have of you. Put me as a neutral leaning towards no support.
Kenzie

Next

Return to Approved