Lapse in judgement and "bad answers"

These ban appeals were either already removed by the time they were reviewed, or they weren't from our server at all and you were directed here by mistake.

Moderator: Game Admins

Lapse in judgement and "bad answers"

Postby brutus000 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:30 pm

Bruan_Grogg, Brutus
Brutus#2481
nerdass
server ban
"Daycation for beating himself to death with a toolbox"
24 hours
GMT-7
Your side of the story: hot off the heels of getting fired from my job by the CRO, IC I killed myself out of frustration, I get operated on and that's when i get messaged by the admin, they asked why and I said I was frustrated. I added something on about 'giving people something to do' they simply responded with 'wrong answer' with no elaboration
Why you think you should be unbanned: I know its an easy cop out but I was genuinely frustrated prior to joining. I usually relax by playing this game, but that clearly didn't happen. I should have contacted admins about stuff instead of killing myself, though if im 100% honest i dont know why killing myself is a bannable offense, except for the one about 'making things harder for others' though that kind of was absent in my mind since my entire shift was dealing with players being a nuisance
brutus000

Re: Lapse in judgement and "bad answers"

Postby nerdass » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:46 pm

Day bans are not appealable. It's the lightest most slap on the wrist punishment that i could give, and your reaction is kinda showing me that even if i did lift it you're not really in a good mental state to get back on right now so

Denied
nerdass

Postby brutus000 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:56 pm

nerdass wrote:you're not really in a good mental state to get back on right now so

yea... can i at least know two things one: why is kms'ing a bannable offence when its something i do to myself. and two why is it that I get fucked with all shift and then the moment i get fed up its a ban for me? that hurts more than anything else, makes it feel like im getting targeted or something, i know its not the case but its really hard to think otherwise, have a good day :s
brutus000

Postby nerdass » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:17 pm

Read the rules lol, there's a big bit that says to not kill yourself
nerdass

Postby brutus000 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:19 pm

i must have glossed over it the 4 times i did it while writting my appeal

lol
brutus000

Postby nerdass » Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:04 am

Code: Select all
Do not kill or attack things (including yourself) for no good reason

This includes yourself. Even in self-defense your goal is to fight off your attack and escape to go get help, killing in a fight should only be done as a last-ditch effort when it's clear it's a you or them situation.

Suicide or self-mutilation is almost NEVER allowed. Contact an admin if you want to have a character commit suicide. Typically the manner in which suicide is carried out is played as an in-game attention grab and without actual compelling reasons. This can upset those that find this subject OOCly uncomfortable. The punishment for suicide is nearly always a permanent ban, so think about that before you kill yourself.

Excessive responses are also covered by this. Caving in someone's skull for cutting in line, stabbing yourself in the eye with a screwdriver because you are bored, or jumping out an airlock because you're sad, are all examples of being excessive.
        IC reactions to extreme provocation are permitted. For instance, if you put someone in the medbay, and they come back with their friends to put the boots to you, that's just life on a frontier station. Try not provoking people next time.
nerdass

Postby Scree » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:47 pm

brutus000 wrote:
nerdass wrote:you're not really in a good mental state to get back on right now so

yea... can i at least know two things one: why is kms'ing a bannable offence when its something i do to myself. and two why is it that I get fucked with all shift and then the moment i get fed up its a ban for me? that hurts more than anything else, makes it feel like im getting targeted or something, i know its not the case but its really hard to think otherwise, have a good day :s

Even if you feel like you were wronged here, that doesn't make the thing okay.

All I saw of the incident - and the thing that most of the station were aware of - was something about you getting IC mad because the HoP made themselves a coffee? Not even serving drinks to other customers, just helping themselves.

There was something about a sofa in the bar too and if people were getting mad about a sofa in the bar then they are the big dumb and I'd be inclined to call engineering in to convert the entire bar seating area into a 70's style conversation pit.
Scree

Return to Not Applicable