[demicusmaximus] Trexdude - Permanent Server Ban

Moderator: Game Admins

[demicusmaximus] Trexdude - Permanent Server Ban

Postby Trexdude » Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:42 pm

Byond account and character name: Trexdude/Simski Gombrov
Discord ID (if applicable): Trexdude#3027
Banning admin: demicusmaximus
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Banned from the whole server
Ban reason given: "Demanded that the roboticist decapitate them, publically, as part of a ritual for their "Iron Church" and then shove their brain into an AI. Also was handing out brain cakes made from copies of themselves. This, along with a history already of low-RP shennanigans that have been equally disruptive and had indeed lead to a significant round of job bans, leads me to believe they will continue to break the "believeable character" rules (Server 5.1, 5.5), and will continue to cause trouble (Global 5)."
Ban length: Permanent
Approximate date that the ban was placed (including time zone): 12/2/19
Your side of the story: The ban reason is accurate in describing what happened. The only things that come to mind was that I'm not sure it was a roboticist specifically that I told to decapitate me, and that I disconnected after the round that this happened to sleep; I found out I was banned after I woke up.
A part of the reason why I did this was because I was looking to try to start playing as an A.I., and I thought having a reason for becoming an A.I. that happened during a round would be neat. Not that it justifies what I did, of course.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I wanna talk about this. I think I can go the rounds without doing stuff like this, but I want to talk about it first, to see if other people (I have admins in mind, but I suppose other people could chime in) and the people who've seen me and interacted with me, during both the round that this happened and other rounds, think it'd be reasonable to unban me.
Trexdude

Re: [demicusmaximus] Trexdude - Permanent Server Ban

Postby Slingding » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:59 pm

Honestly I am not very convinced that an unban is really in the server's best interest. Principally, this is due to the fact that you say "I think I can go the rounds without doing this stuff". We're pretty lenient here for a lot of things, as people dip into some more of the jokey, meta-humor side of roleplaying, but you consistently pushed the tolerances to the limit. This ban was likely going to come sooner or later, and this last big one was the nail in the coffin. Unless you can articulate that you know you wont do this sort of thing again theres little reason to unban you.

I dont really remember seeing you do much else other than odd little things and job-hopping like if you were one job for more than a week you'd explode. What got you banned by itself was extreme to say the least, upset a number of our players, and was a clear violation of the "believable character" rule. You might have thought it'd be interesting and entertaining, but just about every single person involved was very much frustrated that their time on the server fell victim to your own interests. There are far, far better ways of getting a character into an AI role, or a cyborg or whatever that doesnt involve having your head torn off by someone's bare hands in public with a crowd. Really, what on earth were you thinking?

You're going to need to do a bit better with your appeal in order for me to support repealing this ban.
Slingding

Postby Trexdude » Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:54 pm

That's reasonable. Did this seriously upset people after the round had ended? I presumed so, but I had trouble discerning the extent from simply reading the Discord afterwards. Of course, in the end it's still a violation of rules and policies and standards, but I'd like to know how badly this got to people, to get an idea for what people expect, even if I should've known already.
Trexdude

Postby Trexdude » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:29 am

I'd also like to ask what part of Rule 5.5 I violated, and whether it was most prominent in what I did on the day I got banned or if it was a lasting issue long before this, or both. I presume the parts on doing other people's jobs, hijacking other people's jobs, and the basics of 5.5 itself (doing the job you signed up for) apply, and that it's been an issue before what I did, but I'd like to make sure I know what I did wrong on that front.
Trexdude

Postby Demicus_Maximus » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:07 pm

While I encourage acting as much of a character's growth as possible, the manner in which it was handled was seriously fucked up. Please try to avoid making a station-wide incident out of your personal RP. And trust me, I have been in that same frickin' boat, I know how easy it is to think "Yes! This is the greatest plan! It will be wonderful!" when planning something big and public.

Appeal accepted.
Demicus_Maximus

Return to Approved