V.O.R.E. Library Call to Arms!

An online forum for Nanotrasen employees to access and communicate even while off station.
Forum rules
All posting in this forum is strictly in-character and related to in-character things. Post as if you're one of your characters. Use this for silly or useful things, but it all must be in character, and you must specify which character you're posting as.

V.O.R.E. Library Call to Arms!

Postby Aethirshero » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:58 pm

Hey everyone, this is Heather Stange. You may have seen me around, but I usually run the library on the station and... well, we need books. Badly. So I'm putting out the call to any potential writers we have in our crew, whether aspiring or professional. If you've got a story to be told, write it down and get it in to the library! We're willing to help you proofread and edit and eventually get your book into print. Who knows, you could have the very next hit novel on station!

Anyone interested, please don't hesitate to drop by the library if I'm on station, or get into contact with me over the Hypernet!

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and I look forward to seeing what amazing stories our collective imagination can bring to life!

Heather Stange~
Aethirshero

Re: V.O.R.E. Library Call to Arms!

Postby Atlantean » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:26 pm

Alyssa Adams posted

I Like what you're doing here. While I'm not getting any ideas for stories to be published. I want to pose the question will it ever be possible to bring already published books on stations. Having a stocked library would make the idea of such a huge room seem less wasteful. The New blueprints still include a rather large library.
Atlantean

Postby Alicia Jewel » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:35 pm

Serena White posted

I've been debating on writing my autobiography due to my rather... unique circumstances, but until then, I possess a collection of works by authors such as Edgar Allan Poe, H.P. Lovecraft, and others that I plan to add to the library whenever possible. I'll also search for other works in the public domain (unless a legal expert would be willing to help us out?).
Alicia Jewel

Postby Aces » Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:12 pm

Jeremiah 'Ace' Acacius posted:

Working on a guide to command. It still needs work.

I also heard rumor of an Unathi writing a book about how to hunt humans. I don't think that's going to be publicly distributed on our shelves though. Will likely go in the restricted section.
Aces

Postby Dhaeleena » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:37 pm

Dhaeleena posted:

We need an adults section on the library. I recommend the Lusty Xenomorph maid for a start.
Dhaeleena

Postby warbrand2 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:32 pm

Brandy draca posts:

I second that but note, that uh to many of the crew myself included have been disillusioned into thinking xenomorphs are not a big threat... currently out of commission do to centcom medical teams and that said thing... never hugging a xeno queen again. Also yes I am an idiot and lucky to be alive, on the plus side woot have a robotic arm again.
I think to much.

disclaimer: Unless I cuss, I am generally not meaning to be hostile.
warbrand2

Postby Aces » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:41 am

warbrand2 wrote:Brandy draca posts:

I second that but note, that uh to many of the crew myself included have been disillusioned into thinking xenomorphs are not a big threat... currently out of commission do to centcom medical teams and that said thing... never hugging a xeno queen again. Also yes I am an idiot and lucky to be alive, on the plus side woot have a robotic arm again.

Jeremiah 'Ace' Acacius posted:

STOP TRYING TO HUG THE GOD DAMN XENOS WE HAVEN'T MET A FRIENDLY WILD ONE SINCE SNAG. And Snag was the product of a lengthy domestication experiment. Literally convinced her we were in fact her hive. I'm not sure how they did that. Something about fooling the sensory organs that communicate with hive members and turning it to the frequency of a human voice.

Other than that, though, "friendly" wild Xenos are usually just hungry Xenos who are clever enough to abuse human kindness. People forget; these aren't like a pack of wolves. They're highly intelligent sentient beings.
Aces

Postby warbrand2 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:49 am

Brandy draca posts:

but the look so cool, and some of the drones just look like they want a hug :(. Also what happened to snag?
I think to much.

disclaimer: Unless I cuss, I am generally not meaning to be hostile.
warbrand2

Postby orbisa » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:26 pm

Dr. Richard D'angelo posted:

Uh, that's a good question, there is no chance this highly intelligent Xenomorph realized we were fooling it and decided to escape and wait for a chance to take revenge, is there?
RetiredEnslaved Coder
orbisa

Postby Mech__Warrior » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:59 pm

Dhaeleena wrote:Dhaeleena posted:

We need an adults section on the library. I recommend the Lusty Xenomorph maid for a start.

Harmony Pretchl posted:

Eh, seems like somebody plagiarized another book because I kept reading about Argonians, or something. I don't even know what those are.

I've been working on my autobiography, though I've taken a bit of a hiatus from it at the time.
On again/off again coder/mapper.
Mech__Warrior

Next

Return to (IC) Nanotrasen Virgo-Sector Hypernet Forum