Moderator: Game Admins

[Ace, I'm assuming] Wickedtemp - Discord Ban

Postby Wickedtemp » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:01 pm

Byond account and character name: Wickedtemp/Tempest
Discord ID (if applicable): Wickedtemp#5642
Banning admin: No idea, assuming Ace
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Discord
Ban reason given: Nothing provided by Staff at all
Approximate time ban was placed (including time zone): Give or take 15 minutes prior to this posting
Your side of the story: Dragor posts in the company-bulletin channel about a small event or happening regarding the Sergal/Nevrean homeworld. He adds that it doesn't have to affect sergal/nevrean characters and that you can still play them ingame. A few people see the bulletin and ask about it, I post
""TLDR there's a lore thing where the sergal/neveran homeworld is quarantined for some reason"" and
""and TLDR part 2: If you find it annoying to your character then you can probably just ignore it I guess"" - So.. "Vilous is quarantined and you don't really have to get involved or change anything about your sergal/nevrean character"

Then Ace comes in, misunderstanding what I posted. I think he assumed I meant the exact opposite because he reposts my quote, and adds ">implying anyone was ever supposed to not play their character". I ask him where anybody implied that would be the case, and he just...posts my quote, where I say the exact opposite, again. I respond and say that I'm literally agreeing with them, that I don't know why he thinks otherwise and to please knock it off, then I got banned immediately after.

Why you think you should be unbanned: Was telling people the whole bulletin thing wasn't a huge deal and wasn't going to result in any consequence, Ace acted as if I wasn't, I attempted to correct them and asked them to 'buzz off' about it. I really don't think that deserves a punishment of any kind.
Wickedtemp

Re: [Ace, I'm assuming] Wickedtemp - Discord Ban

Postby Wickedtemp » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:02 pm

Got a ban reason from Ascian,

NanakiToday at 5:57 PM
[6:57 PM] The Beast of Badmin: ban reason is "don't fucking talk over the admin when they're trying to keep idiots from panicking in space lobby"

Which I'm also confused about because Ace was quoting me, directly, and I was responding to them, directly.
Wickedtemp

Postby Aces » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:42 pm

I'm not granting this appeal. In your own words, buzz off please.

Get some other headmin to appeal it because I won't.
Aces

Postby Scree » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:43 pm

I suspect the more likely one was when you butted in while he was talking with:

Mlempurror VenosareYesterday at 11:36 PM
buzz off please
Scree

Postby Wickedtemp » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:51 pm

I know, I could have phrased it in a nicer tone, but when all Ace is doing is jumping into a conversation and acting as if its an argument, when...we're literally saying the same thing, yet posting quotes of me literally saying that this bulletin will have no effect on characters if the player doesn't want it to, and insisting that I'm implying characters might have to be scrapped, I kinda just wanted him to knock it off, so I asked in a blunt tone. I'm fairly sure he was talking directly to me, given he was quoting my posts directly. I'm sorry for doing so, I was just confused as to why Ace was making this out to be a huge thing, putting words in my mouth, and so irritation lead me to become more blunt.
Wickedtemp

Postby PontifexMinimus » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:57 pm

Actually, the bulletin affects characters.

I just specified that you can still play them.
PontifexMinimus

Postby Scree » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:25 pm

Also, shortly after it happened we had people come in out of nowhere in space lobby to bitch about the ban despite not being involved or having any idea what was going on. Admittedly they were the usual "any time an admin does anything it's abuse, I demand to speak to the manager" types, but still. Did you stir people up to come and argue on your behalf?

The main issue is backseat loremastering. Next time people bitch and rant in space lobby about an event existing, let admins handle it or direct them to the admin running the event if they have any questions, because you, not being the admin running the event, don't have the information they do.
Scree

Postby Wickedtemp » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:28 pm

I mentioned my ban, and jokingly asked a couple people to "notify me when there's a fax for Medical" but I didn't say "go and argue for me". In fact, when I was made aware of this, I asked them to cut it out in DM's.
https://gyazo.com/4381b86c2d5030c1fefd44fb4eb365a7
Wickedtemp

Postby Wickedtemp » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:32 pm

And I'll do so in the future.
Wickedtemp

Postby Demicus_Maximus » Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:11 pm

Having gone back through and looked at the logs, even with context, I have no bloody idea how THIS lead to a Discord ban. With no input for almost two weeks. I'm accepting this appeal.
Demicus_Maximus

Return to Approved