[DemicusMaximus] cafaling - Discord and Server ban

Moderator: Game Admins

Re: [DemicusMaximus] cafaling - Discord and Server ban

Postby VerySoft » Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:35 am

I remember that my main problem with your doings was a certain elitism about this or that. That certain things -must- be done or people are bad, when those things are unnessisary extras. Things one can do, and things that may be helpful. But things that one doesn't really -neeeeeed- to do to keep the station going.

I remember that you more or less chased my characters off of engineering a number of times because they didn't go an upgrade the main smes, or combine the solars smess. Seemed to take it personally that not you haaaaaaaaaad to wait for the main to drain so you could upgrade it, with the obvious implication that it was my character's fault, despite the fact that everything else was all set right and proper, if perhaps not the way you would do it, so all the substation SMESs were charged and happy. Not as fast as you might like, sure. But done. And done probably hundreds of times by then.

While I appreciate that you like to teach the engineers, and that you take pride in seeing the engineers you teach succeed, the main thing I remember about you is that, if the engineers -weren't- doing things your way, you made sure they knew it. Repeatedly. Even when they weren't around at times.

You were the main reason I went from playing engineering every shift, to not playing engineer at all there for a long while.

All that said.
I like to believe that anyone can change, and your words give me the impression that you at least want to do so, so I will support this.
But I really won't tolerate that kind of elitism going forward.
VerySoft

Postby PontifexMinimus » Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:19 pm

Given I see your behaviour still in other discords and seeing how you react about things, especially admin rulings or such, especially when they pertain yourself, I rather not deal with that as staff myself.

I don't think you changed that terribly much from the mannerisms that got you banned in the first place.

So yes, when you said "I'll probably regret it" when you asked me to respond to this ban, you were entirely correct.

I rather didn't want to, because I'm ever so slightly biased, but recent events? Yeah, no support.
PontifexMinimus

Postby Thranos » Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:34 pm

Having seen firsthand how to respond to running into rules that you don't agree with, and having been on the receiving end of the resulting all-caps, insulting, slur-tossing screaming and blaming of everyone else that you dispense when people suggest you might be at all at fault for getting in trouble, I cannot support this appeal.

I say all of this as someone who has known Cafaling for quite some time, and tried to talk to them about what went wrong that lead to this ban, what they could do about it, and what not to do in the future to avoid another.
My first attempt to speak to them about it at all resulted in a discord block after being screamed at, and the implication that I was "ban flexing" because I'd been previously banned and attempted to explain that I would, therefore, know how to recover from them.

I don't want to type an essay out about this, but at this time, it would be a poor idea to let them back onto the server, as they have learned nothing about why they were banned, what they did wrong, what they need to change, or how to do so, nor do they seem to care to learn about any of that, either.
Thranos

Postby Thranos » Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:20 pm

Thranos wrote: ...they have learned nothing about why they were banned, what they did wrong, what they need to change, or how to do so, nor do they seem to care to learn about any of that, either.

I can't figure out how to edit my posts, if I even can, so I'd like to say this part at least has changed, or appears to have changed, though to what degree I cannot yet say.
I still can't rightly toss in support, though.
Thranos

Postby Aces » Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:32 pm

Thranos wrote:
Thranos wrote: ...they have learned nothing about why they were banned, what they did wrong, what they need to change, or how to do so, nor do they seem to care to learn about any of that, either.

I can't figure out how to edit my posts, if I even can, so I'd like to say this part at least has changed, or appears to have changed, though to what degree I cannot yet say.
I still can't rightly toss in support, though.

Post editing is intentionally disabled on the ban appeals forum. The intention is to make you think about what you're saying before saying it, and if you don't, you're held accountable for prior statements.

You're allowed to update your position, you're just not allowed to hide your previous position if you make it known.
Aces

Postby Mr_Signmeup » Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:01 pm

Due to the new information that has come to light, I no longer feel comfortable in supporting this appeal. No support.
Reshskaskakss Seekiseekis: Chief of Security
Mr_Signmeup

Postby Mr_Signmeup » Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:35 pm

After some discussion, I will be changing my stance to neutral. I'll take some time to reflect on stuff but my current concern is the ability to take a reasonable punishment on the chin. Whether that be a note and a talking to, to a job-ban, to an outright ban. The ability to bite the bullet and admit fault...
Mr_Signmeup

Postby Mr_Signmeup » Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:35 pm

I should also note that cafaling has taken the time to apologise to Thranos about their outburst earlier in regards to the incident they mentioned.
Mr_Signmeup

Postby Scree » Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:32 am

Asked around other servers and the admins there have said you've been behaving apart from one minor note that isn't even a rule we have on our server because it relates to antags we don't have on modes we don't play.

Which if anything makes it all the more concerning to hear about you blowing your stack over it.
Scree

Postby Scree » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:18 pm

Spoke to cafaling about the whole situation on discord and meh, I've not seen the conversation but honestly the note that sparked it off isn't even a rule we even have so w/e
Scree

PreviousNext

Return to Approved