[mrsignmeup] worksbythesea - toxic behavior

Moderator: Game Admins

Re: [mrsignmeup] worksbythesea - toxic behavior

Postby Worksbythesea » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:07 pm

Hey I don't know who you mean when you say people joined and talked about me, but if people did I have no control of that since I was banned from the discord prior and server without any warning. On the issue of the wedding, I under the impression that I was supposed to treat is as an expedition, and Jolly never had a good relation with Azura or any of the characters he brought along. I was treating it IC like an expedition first and a wedding trip second because I was never explicitly told otherwise. I guess I should have kept my cool and not tried to cancel the whole thing, but with Azura's bad attitude with me and Softfur's involvement, I was feeling kind of irate.
Jolly Rackham: Pirate, Pathfinder, Pugilist, Colony Director
Corsair: Computer Virus, Shipboard Artificial Intelligence, Friend to all/Friend to none
Gregor Mac A'Rhobust: Chief Engineer, Electrician, Bartender
Worksbythesea

Postby Scree » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:34 pm

no matter how you spin it, hearing that there was an IC wedding and taking the opportunity to name the shuttle after the divorce statistics is what we in the business call "a dick move".
Scree

Postby Wickedtemp » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:11 pm

Worksbythesea wrote:Hey I don't know who you mean when you say people joined and talked about me, but if people did I have no control of that since I was banned from the discord prior and server without any warning.

Well, two people joined and trolled a bit, so that kinda makes me think you either told a couple of your friends either to troll the server, or you simply mentioned your ban and the server to them and they decided to troll us. Personally, I'm skeptical of people who befriend internet shitters, because usually they end up being internet shitters as well. Birds of a feather.

But, with that said, I'd still like more information here. If Admins have other incidents they know of, or if any other players do, please share.
Wickedtemp

Postby Heroman3003 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:47 pm

Honestly, from few experiences I had with them as CD, I have nothing 'good' to say about the person, and from third party observation of way they handled Pathfinder, same story. In addition to that, that one time they tried to get player punished for things unrelated to current round without any form of communication with Central was a shit move, as a command and as a human being. Yes, that player did end up having to be punished OOCly anyway, but it was trying to use IC resources to play an admin game. Interactions with their other characters in the past (which I did have misfortune of), gave me impression of little interest in interaction itself, while characters themselves weren't much interesting to write home about even when they were willing to actually talk.

I am not sure what history of particular incidents (other than big ass move with wedding and afromentioned one) with that character led to that ban, having been trying to minimize my exposure after they tried to pull that backseat admin stunt, but I do find it hard to believe ban was as unjustified as author makes it seem.

Combine all that with their playstyle and lack of interest in vore, and I'm honestly questioning why even here and not literally anywhere else.
No support
Heroman3003

Postby TheDavestDave » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:03 pm

I think they could do with a ban from everything that isn't cargo/service or something like that rather than a full perma-one. We've given worse shitters second chances that turned into better people. I might even be one of them.
TheDavestDave

Postby Mr_Signmeup » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:52 pm

I'm back and during my absent I was reminded of the fact that you impersonated a completely different and unrelated character to send a death threat to the Colony Director which I find pretty unacceptable to impersonate someone unwillingly and without their OOC knowledge. Considering the server works with 'continuity', such reckless actions while using another person's name could have severe effects on their reputation. If you want to impersonate someone, impersonate someone that doesn't 'exist' on station or have no knowledge of existing on station. IE; 'John Doe', etc.

It also violates our global rule 6. 'Please be respectful of other users. You can disagree with someone without being a hostile douchebag.' Cause, IMO, telling someone to kill themselves, even when you mean it in-character to someone you barely know on a personal level is very disrespectful and can cause OOC issues.
Reshskaskakss Seekiseekis: Chief of Security
Mr_Signmeup

Postby Mewchild » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:17 pm

Resh, can we have the individuals admin notes posted, so we have some idea of what all led to the permaban?
Mewchild

Postby Mr_Signmeup » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:55 pm

has permabanned worksbythesea. - Reason: Suicided for no discernable reason in Security using a bolt-action rifle and then disconnected. This ban will remain in place until you contact us and tell us why. - This is a permanent ban. Sun, October 7th of 2018

Went into xenobio as the director and got slimed. Started kicking up a fuss over command chat with the other heads about ordering no more xenobio to happen, sacking the xenobiologist, etc etc. After an LOOC conversation, they ahelped asking what authority they DO have to stop the xenobiologist doing xenobiology or letting people into the lab, even faxed asking for the slime lab to be moved off-station to the outpost. Sent them the no fun allowed wiki page. Sat, June 1st of 2019

Keep an eye on when playing AI. Requested for the Antimov lawset as an ahelp (which is an antag lawset, resulting in the death of the crew). But got given PALADIN instead. Later in the shift, he was bothered Phi who was scening in the bedroom of the CD's office by opening and closing doors repetitively to let Renault in. Advised that they shouldn't be messing around with offices to begin with as that's the lowest priority for an AI to be doing. by Sun, June 16th of 2019

Called for vote right after a transfer vote failed. Mon, June 24th of 2019

Got into a whole fiasco with a borg that ended in him beating it to death, was sent a Centcomm message that encouraged him but he was making kinda powertrippy command decisions (ordering borg to robotics as a first resort) and such first. Sat, June 29th of 2019

Impersonated another character to tell The CD that they're a bad CD and they should find an airlock (to jump out of). Gave them a severe warning about telling someone to ICly kill themselves which he retorted saying that other people have also given him similar treatment. He named a few people. Tue, July 2nd of 2019

Asked (an admin) to make an IC announcement on the discord server: "After many requests, we have finally submitted Jolly Rackham to a Psychiatric Evaluator, after several hours of indecipherable screaming Mister Rackham was passed and our Evaluator has since resigned" This is a huge red flag to how this character is intended to be played. BIG red flag. Wed, July 3rd of 2019

mrsignmeup has permabanned worksbythesea. - Reason: Due to recent behaviour + evidence given to us. The staff team believes that you are a negative influence on the community that we strive to promote. If you believe there's been an error, you may appeal but at this current time, it is better for you to spend time away from the community to reflect whether or not you wish to be apart of a community of voraphiles. - This is a permanent ban. by Mr_Signmeup (GameAdmin) on Wed, July 3rd of 2019
Reshskaskakss Seekiseekis: Chief of Security
Mr_Signmeup

Postby Haery70 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:56 pm

Now that I have a clear view on what this person is and why they got banned, here's my thoughts on it. The player in question has done things that have not only violated Global Rule 6 multiple times, but they have also made a character with a questionable backstory, for a military officer turned pirate captain turned pathfinder raises a lot of questions, especially the pirate captain part. Now, I do know that it's OK to make someone that speaks like a pirate, but having 'being a former pirate captain' as part of your backstory is a red flag since pirates are an antagonist role... which, IIRC, would need an approved Special Character Application for any character to be a former antagonist unless if they were referring to the CD role as Captain because, in that case, it wouldn't make sense to call them a captain because the alt-title got removed a long time ago. So, until there's clarification regarding the Captain part, Jolly Rackham is a huge, red flag as a character.

Now, for the player, judging by their Player Notes and the accounts made by other players regarding their players I'm siding with the banning admin on this one. A lot of the behavior seems pretty toxic and the reasons being made by the supporters reeks with the 'It's what my character would do!' excuse that tends to lead to bans like this.

If the player was banned without warning, then that's an admin-related mistake that sometimes happens. But, this doesn't mean that the player should be unbanned just because they weren't warned beforehand.

tl;dr: No Support and I believe that the ban is justified in the most part.
Haery70

Postby Mewchild » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:07 pm

Haery said everything I wanted to say and then some. The type of activities that Jolly has been engaging in, from naming the shuttle after divorce statistics on a pre-planned wedding, to trying to shut down xenobio, to fucking with my scenes (after being told 4 times IC to stop, by me as the CD. Not biased at all), speak of someone who's been going out of their way, intentional or not, to ruin the fun others are having on the server.

No Support
Mewchild

PreviousNext

Return to Denied