Mentor Application. Cygn

Are you interested in helping people play spaceman game? Apply to be a mentor and assist other players in the game when questions arise about mechanics! Applying will give you access to an in-game system where mentors can directly answer questions a player-in-need submits.

This is a community role and not a staffing role. More info on the pinned topic inside!

Mentor Application. Cygn

Postby Cygn » Mon Feb 27, 2023 4:25 pm

Ckey:masteroflegend

DiscordCygn#1549

How long have you played VOREStation:About six months or so

Most commonly played characters:Kaeter: Engineer. Jottun. Search and rescue borg alternating between engineering and medical as the round demands. Various janitorial kobolds

Jobs you are knowledgeable about:Pretty much every department save for the more esoteric parts of science like telescience, genetics and phoron research

Why do you want to be a mentor:I can never stand people not knowing what to do and channeling that impulse into being a mentor to tackle the problem that way seems by far the most productive way of focusing my mental energy.
Cygn

Re: Mentor Application. Cygn

Postby Scree » Tue Feb 28, 2023 5:57 am

Cygn wrote:Why do you want to be a mentor:I can never stand people not knowing what to do and channeling that impulse into being a mentor to tackle the problem that way seems by far the most productive way of focusing my mental energy.

I dunno, this doesn't seem to be a productive reason to be a mentor at all. Applying for a position because you get mad at people that aren't doing the mechanics well enough for your tastes doesn't really bode well.
Scree

Postby Etheo » Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:05 pm

Gotta agree with Scree, here.
What I expect out of mentors, myself, is someone that people can look up to for help in learning the game and playing on the server.
When I read your reason why, it... Reads like someone wanting the title to use it to tell people how to play, which is something that does not seem healthy for us to have in our mentors.
Etheo

Postby Cygn » Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:05 pm

I don't quite understand where that reading came from. I just want to help people who are struggling to make sense of the many esoteric systems of the game because I get sympathetic frustration with them.
Cygn

Postby Kenzie » Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:52 pm

Consensus was this should be declined.
Kenzie

Return to Mentor Applications