Ban appeal: -Fang.

These ban appeals were either already removed by the time they were reviewed, or they weren't from our server at all and you were directed here by mistake.

Moderator: Game Admins

Ban appeal: -Fang.

Postby Fang the Foxboy » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:14 am

Player name: Fang the Foxboy
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Banned by: Luminescent Ring
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ban type (The server itself.): EG; Banned from the whole server.
Suspected of playing a suicidal character (wrongly accused), not cryoing/robo-storing self before going SSD.
Seventy-two hours. (72 hrs.)*
Not known to me; as I wasn't on at said time. (Pacific)
Granted, I did not cryo myself when I was new to the game, I didn't know about it, nor did I see the actual rules of the game. I'll admit I did this, I didn't know it would affect the game. Why? It's because all other games I play, I'm used to logging out of them as I know it takes me out of the game directly. I automatically assumed it to be the case here, due to all other games I've played having said feature on them. I apologize for this, but, I'm a newbie player here, I'm not even a week into the game itself, but, I'm still learning what to do. I've gone over the rules three times ever since I got them. I've also been having connection issues from time to type, which meant, I can disconnect from the game at any time and not be able to do anything about it. And, this was the time I knew about cryoing, I really didn't mean any mishap here. I've also made fair role-play mistakes and played a supernatural character, but, I changed that fully to where it's normal, I didn't know that character would be a big issue in itself. The role-play issues were me acting on impulse, and I'm truly sorry about that as well, I took it into account and tried to better myself.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The reason I think I should be unbanned is because most of these issues were never intentional, I never meant any harm or foul play to your game. I enjoy the game myself, and its people. I don't mean any disrespect for it. I also found out my account was recently dug into by another individual. There was a character one there that was never in my creations before. I only have three foxes; Fang, Shadow, and Crevan. I also do play a K-9 unit by the name of K-9 Shadow. I left the game today as that K-9, only to come back to find myself banned. I contacted the one who banned me and they didn't seem to understand my clause as well. I tried to explain to them I had no concept or ideas on the false character. I took to changing my passcode after that, I made it ludicrously long. I'm new to the game as I'd said and one would expect for such newbies like me to make mistakes... Even if it is a good amount, we must understand that mistakes are what make us, us. They better our lives.It's how we go from newbie to pro. Again, I apologize for the misunderstanding and convenience. Thank you for taking your time out of the day to read~. -Fang
Last edited by Fang the Foxboy on Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fang the Foxboy

Re: Ban appeal: -Fang.

Postby Shadowmane » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:22 am

While I was not around for the banning or the incident involving the suicidal character, I can confirm that this player is definitely new to the game. I only met them about a week or two ago (while they were playing as Fang) and they barely knew how to work most of the core systems (no offense to them of course, we've all been there slapping ourselves in the face with a bag of chips during our first few shifts). In addition, from what I've seen of his rp play-style, him playing a suicidal character seems EXTREMELY unlikely.

Hopefully this incident can be resolved quickly and without further issue.
Shadowmane

Postby Scree » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:02 pm

I've lost count of the number of times I've linked you to the rules and yet I still repeatedly saw you disconnected in a locked dorm, alone, despite the rules clearly saying not to do either of those things.

Incidentally, I seem to recall a Fang_night_fury playing back when we were running the old codebase. No relation, I assume?

EDIT: I decided to logdive.

[05:35:13]GAME: <a href='?priv_msg=[0x5000013]'>Fang the Foxboy</a>/(K-9 Shadow) has ghosted.
[05:35:13]ACCESS: Logout: *no key*/(K-9 Shadow)
[05:35:13]ACCESS: Login: Fang the Foxboy/(Shadow) from (redacted) || BYOND v510
[05:42:40]GAME: Shadow/Fang the Foxboy used abandon mob.
[05:42:40]ACCESS: Logout: *no key*/(Shadow)
[05:42:40]ACCESS: Login: Fang the Foxboy/(new player) from (redacted) || BYOND v510
[05:44:54]ACCESS: Logout: *no key*/(new player)
[05:44:54]ACCESS: Login: Fang the Foxboy/(Cy Fields) from (redacted) || BYOND v510
[05:45:28]ATTACK: Fang the Foxboy/(Cy Fields) has slashed Fang the Foxboy/(Cy Fields) (this line was repeated several dozen times, snipped for brevity)
[05:46:01]EMOTE: Cy Fields/Fang the Foxboy : coughs up blood!
[05:46:03]EMOTE: Cy Fields/Fang the Foxboy : gasps!
[05:46:10]ACCESS: Logout: *no key*/(Cy Fields) (this is the point where you died and it shows a log out/in because you stopped being Cy and started being Cy's ghost.
[05:46:10]ACCESS: Login: Fang the Foxboy/(Cy Fields) from (redacted) || BYOND v510
[05:46:57]ADMIN: PM: Luminescent Ring/(Chakat Steelspot)->Fang the Foxboy/(Cy Fields): Why are you killing yourself?
[05:47:10]ADMIN: PM: Fang the Foxboy/(Cy Fields)->Luminescent Ring/(Chakat Steelspot): Testing a bug.
[05:47:21]ADMIN: PM: Luminescent Ring/(Chakat Steelspot)->Fang the Foxboy/(Cy Fields): Okay, why are you killing yourself to test a bug?
[05:48:27]ADMIN: PM: Fang the Foxboy/(Cy Fields)->Luminescent Ring/(Chakat Steelspot): Sometimes my character does a ragdoll soft animation when they die on my side. I was trying to see if that would happen.
[05:48:37]ADMIN: PM: Luminescent Ring/(Chakat Steelspot)->Fang the Foxboy/(Cy Fields): Have you read the rules?
[05:48:48]ADMIN: PM: Fang the Foxboy/(Cy Fields)->Luminescent Ring/(Chakat Steelspot): I have not, link?
[05:50:48]ADMIN: Luminescent Ring/(Chakat Steelspot) has edited fangthefoxboy's notes.
[05:50:48]ADMIN: luminescentring has banned fangthefoxboy.
Reason: Repeatedly breaking roleplay rules, brush up on them while you&#39;re gone. https://wiki.vore-station.net/Rules
This will be removed in 4320 minutes.

IP and CID redacted. Note that these did not change. When you logged in as Cy and did all those things, it was on the same IP address and the same physical hardware as when you were playing Shadow-K9.
In fact, every login that day from your account came from the same IP and computer ID.
I went back and picked out another day at random from earlier in the month, again - multiple access records, all showing that CID and IP.

Therefore, I'm not going to accept any nonsense about your account being "hacked". It was not.
Scree

Postby Fang the Foxboy » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:07 pm

Well, I disconnected in a locked dorm because the internet failed on me, I know to unlock them before I got out. I think you only sent me the rules maybe three times, each time I was trying to follow them, it was hard to do so at first, I'm getting a better understanding of it. My solution is to avoid fight role-play from here on, well, until I get better at doing that kind of role-play.

I'm not sure what you mean by the last part of your post there, sorry for the misunderstanding on my end. If you're talking about another user, no, that isn't mine. I've been here for under a week. I'm seeing what you say here, but, I, myself was not on at the time of this happening. I only remember playing as my K-9 for that day. Cy Fields is not a character I created. I only have three I use. Fang, Shadow, and Crevan. Each without a last name.
Fang the Foxboy

Postby somekindofpony » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:44 pm

Fang the Foxboy wrote:Well, I disconnected in a locked dorm because the internet failed on me, I know to unlock them before I got out. I think you only sent me the rules maybe three times, each time I was trying to follow them, it was hard to do so at first, I'm getting a better understanding of it. My solution is to avoid fight role-play from here on, well, until I get better at doing that kind of role-play

Right here, you claimed to have read the rules when Scree sent them, yet when I asked, you said you haven't. Which is it?
somekindofpony

Postby Shadowmane » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:09 am

Could it be possible that some other person gained access to Fang's computer and used his profile to create this char so as to commit these acts while was away? I know this seems more than a little unlikely (as it have to have involved actually being in the same building that Fang normally accesses the server from as well as having direct access to his computer), but it would explain the descrepances between his claims and your logs. It could also explain why his response to Luminescentring regarding having not read the rules differs from the one he gave to Scree.
Shadowmane

Postby Scree » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:27 am

Logs show that account, IP, CID and character name to have showed up previously.

I'm going to have to ask you to refrain from speculating if you weren't involved.
Scree

Postby Shadowmane » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:24 pm

As you wish.
Shadowmane

Postby somekindofpony » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:41 pm

Appeal N/A due to ban expiring.
somekindofpony

Return to Not Applicable