[jertheace] Security permaban.

These ban appeals were either already removed by the time they were reviewed, or they weren't from our server at all and you were directed here by mistake.

Moderator: Game Admins

[jertheace] Security permaban.

Postby a bunch of moths in a swat suit » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:49 pm

Byond account and character name:CDB Raelene Singh
Banning admin:JerTheAce
Ban type (What are you banned from?):permanent jobban from HoS, Warden, Detective, Officer.
Ban reason:Shitcurity - Arrested an Atmos tech for taking apart some chairs in departures as "Vandalism." Got surprised when the player took exception to that.
Ban length*:Permanent.
Approximate time ban was placed (including time zone):3:30 -10 EST
Your side of the story:During the end of the round, was sitting in escape along with another officer. An atmos tech(Afif Halil) began tearing up chairs, myself and the officer both expressed pretty obvious confusion and asked them what they were doing, they stayed silent, tearing more chairs and asking a few people to move so they could remove their chairs as well, at which point we had to holler at them to get their attention and inform them that if they were going to remove chairs they had to at least replace them, they replaced 3 and told me to "Now shut your whore mouth, you stupid bint, and stop calling me a girl.", to their credit I did refer to them as she, entirely on accident, a fact which I apologized for several times in and out of character. Regardless, I arrested them for the insults and vandalism(which they only partially repaired) and thus began an extensive stream of further insults, I can produce the full logs if necessary but snippets include
[Common] Afif Halil exclaims, "Shit-eating fuckslut!"
Afif Halil says, "You cum-stained spunk-guzzling shitsakc."
Afif Halil says, "YOU GODDAMNED WHORE"
Afif Halil says, "YOU FUCKSTICK"
After the first outburst on the radio they were warned to sop or they'd lose it, they didn't stop so they lost their headset and told them if they calmed down I'd let them have it back. During which point they just....did the string of insults thing, I ignored most of it until it carried over into looc, I can deal with people getting mad in character, but insulting someone OOCly and telling them to go to hell because you're upset you got arrested is not at all okay. I adminhelped it, Joey took my side of the story and Ace came on after a while and contacted me, during which point we talked and he espoused the apparent opinion that security asking crew what they were doing was harassment, and invalidated any sort of claim to "insulting an officer" charges, he then permanently banned me from all security rolls and threatened me with a further dayban when I asked why asking them calmly and professionally what they were doing constituted harassment.
Why you think you should be unbanned: Primarilly, i don't think this ban could be less valid, I tried my best to resolve the situation calmly and professionally and even when having insults hurled at me I acted in what i think was the best fashion possible. I really don't know what huge chip Jer has on his shoulder about me and really security in general, and I'd love to know what in my notes paints me as such a completely shit security player.
a bunch of moths in a swat suit

Re: [jertheace] Security permaban.

Postby Aces » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:56 pm

Appeal not applicable.

Scurra actually talked me out of it last night shortly after it happened, but you had already logged out. The ban is already removed.

Also job bans are almost never permanent. The job ban system is broken as fuck and only does permabans that must be manually removed. I intended to remove this ban after a few days already but Scurra talked me out of it entirely.
Aces

Return to Not Applicable