[unknown] Discord ban

These ban appeals were either already removed by the time they were reviewed, or they weren't from our server at all and you were directed here by mistake.

Moderator: Game Admins

[unknown] Discord ban

Postby Blue limmer » Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:47 am

Byond account and character name:Stevononono, Noms-the-Wires
Discord ID (if applicable): Archerln
Banning admin: unknown
Ban type (What are you banned from?): banned off Discord
Ban reason given: discord ban; reason not given, but known
Ban length: permanent
Approximate date that the ban was placed (including time zone): about 5th of May [CEST], I think. give or take a few days.
Your side of the story: I do not have the best online etiquette. the main reason that I feel directly lead to my ban was that I did put the server at risk with a single line that went against Discord's TOS by mentioning The Bay for torrenting media. I will not mention its full name here because I do not want to repeat my mistakes.

I would not be surprised if that was more the straw that broke the camel's back, as there had been minor incidents of arguing over a myriad of topics, and occasional mis-posting of images in incorrect channels, mostly due to me not assessing the contexts right and forgetting to ask "but what if this isn't what people want to see after a rough day?", though none of these incidents were outright malicious. aside from that, there were two prior incidents of risk that I can recall, the first one intentional, the second accidental, where I posted classified military documents of the F-16c/d due to the topic of War-thunder security breaches and military leaks being brought up. the first time, I did it thinking it wouldn't be bad, given that on other servers it was accepted. on the second incident, It was in my clipboard, and had been for a few weeks, and I ended up posting it by accident.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I will be honest, if you feel that unbanning me would be impertinent, I can understand. however, after asking others what to do about it, and ruminating on the subject for a month, a week and a day, I may as well attempt to right my wrongs. I have consulted with many friends who I still held contact with, and they all told me to appeal the ban.

I hoped that I would not need to use the forums again, however, everyone makes mistakes, ultimately. for some, who learn by what they did wrong, it can be infuriating for others, and I understand if that is the way the moderation staff feel regarding me. I only write this appeal to ask that I can demonstrate that over the past month of not having discord communication, I have improved my online etiquette somewhat. It is always my intention to improve for the benefit of as many as possible.
Blue limmer

Re: [unknown] Discord ban

Postby Blue limmer » Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:49 am

Taking this down because I have a week long ban right now. it's in bad taste to leave it up if I'm also server banned
Blue limmer

Postby Blue limmer » Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:52 am

since it seems I have the intelligence of a rock, the post will stay up as I cannot figure out how to remove it. but for now, please disregard it until a week has passed since writing this reply
Blue limmer

Postby biggs » Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:05 am

Post retracted then. Moving this topic. To be frank, though I wasn't the banning admin for the Discord, we weren't feeling approving this at this time anyways.
biggs

Return to Not Applicable