My ban appeal

These ban appeals were either already removed by the time they were reviewed, or they weren't from our server at all and you were directed here by mistake.

Moderator: Game Admins

My ban appeal

Postby Void13 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:45 am

Byond account and character name:Grape13 and Void
Discord ID (if applicable):
Banning admin: Nerdass
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Whole server
Ban reason given: "Troll"
Ban length: permanent
Approximate time ban was placed (including time zone): about 2:15 AM EST
Your side of the story: Me and my friend heard that your station had a lot of different cool stuff from the other stations (i.e. elevators and stairs, multi level stations) and decided to check it out. We joined the Russian server the other day but found out there was a main one. Sure, our characters were kind of silly, but not ridiculous, because we didn't plan to play there long term (as in one of our main servers) and would rather be a bit silly than just seem low effort. There was no meta gaming involved, we were just two interns exploring the station. I was messaged by an admin saying my character wasn't okay (it was basically Ian) and I understood and complied and changed to the go to character I used on the russian server. I saw that there was a custom race input somewhere in the character creator, and so I made essentially space anthropomorphized. This character wasn't even a silly or dumb one, it was just what I thought of. I was then killed with the admin saying "sorry mate, the void doesn't exist" then banned. He banned my friend who according to him had a normal character at that point at the same time (I guess understandably thinking we were gonna troll together, I can see that people do that, and I'm really not mad at the admin for thinking that).
Why you think you should be unbanned: Essentially we showed signs of being "trolls", though we really just wanted to take a look at the server. While I understand out initial characters being disallowed, and I never argued about that, The new characters were fine (at least to our knowledge) and we didn't make really in depth ones because we were just taking a look at the server. I can understand banning for trolling if our initial characters were some horrible amalgamation with a ridiculous name and backstory, but (at least my) character's issue was only that it was a ripoff of an NPC. Checking out a server without wanting to make a large commitment of time on a character shouldn't always be immediately seen as "trolling", as neither of us had caused any trouble and cooperated with the admins without any issues. I really did want to see what your server has (similarly to how I treat goon, I don't play it often but there's always something cool and different) and I think the admin applied a prejudice to us and didn't really didn't let ANY allowance for misunderstanding (despite us being new, though we read the rules).
Void13

Re: My ban appeal

Postby Void13 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:47 am

I realize the title is wrong, but I fail to find any way to edit it or delete it. If someone can direct me to it I'll gladly repost it with the proper title.
Void13

Postby Void13 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:49 am

Okay, I'll just repost it with the right title and hope this one gets put into non-applicable
Void13

Postby Aces » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:39 am

Moved to N/A since this one is closed by the user.
Aces

Return to Not Applicable