[pontifexminimus] destroyer445 - Using Escape to avoid Mob

These ban appeals were either already removed by the time they were reviewed, or they weren't from our server at all and you were directed here by mistake.

Moderator: Game Admins

[pontifexminimus] destroyer445 - Using Escape to avoid Mob

Postby destroyer445 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:53 am

Byond account and character name: halolegend2000 and Lindsey
Banning admin: pontifexminimus
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Banned from whole server
Ban reason: I was banned for abusing the OOC Escape command to get out of a mimic
Ban length: 1440 Minutes (About two days)
Approximate time ban was placed (including time zone): 12:48 PM EST
Your side of the story: So I was walking around maintenance with my IC friend Roy Tilten. We were exploring around for a sizegun, and I found the area that the mimic was in, to which I didn't know at the time. When I walked in, I was surprised to be knocked down by the mimic, and proceeded to be vored. Note, I'm not into vore at all, and I didn't want to sit there for twenty minutes resisting and doing nothing, so I decided to use the OOC Escape. I was unsure if my friend Roy was still inside the the mimic, so I killed it to see if he was, to which he wasn't. Apparently, he was outside after his BYOND crashed. I know that I broke a rule for this offence, however I am not into vore, and I didn't want to waste my time with the mimic.
Why you think you should be unbanned: The whole thing was a pref break. You can tell in my OOC notes that I'm not into vore at all, neither did I want to waste any time with it. Killing the mimic was to try and get my friend out
destroyer445

Re: [pontifexminimus] destroyer445 - Using Escape to avoid M

Postby nerdass » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:39 pm

day bans are not appealable.
please read the rules for appeals.

also if you're not into vore, you should probably look at the vore panel in game, there's a mob vore toggle there that'll make them wreck your fucking face instead of eating you.
Last edited by JoanRisu on Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: The dayban rule for the appeals process is currently not in the appeals guidelines as of June 15, 2018. In order to prevent this appeal from being bogged down with arguments for or against that rule, the statement referring to the rule is being stricken f
nerdass

Postby nerdass » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:40 pm

and regarding the prefbreak situation, you kind of set yourself up for it by not changing the default value on that setting.

so it's not actually a prefbreak because you left your client configured to do that.
nerdass

Postby nerdass » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:44 pm

actually wait the 24 hour thing is missing from the appeal rules so i'm gonna consider my previous statement of this being invalid null and void until someone can prove otherwise.
nerdass

Postby destroyer445 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:41 am

Nah, it's a day ban. I'll just wait it out. Thank's for responding to the ban appeal, though.
destroyer445

Postby JoanRisu » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:49 pm

The ban for this appeal has expired and no longer applicable.
JoanRisu

Return to Not Applicable