[unknown] Xanju - memeposting

These ban appeals were either already removed by the time they were reviewed, or they weren't from our server at all and you were directed here by mistake.

Moderator: Game Admins

[unknown] Xanju - memeposting

Postby Xanju » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:02 pm

Byond account and character name: Xanju
Banning admin: unknown
Ban type (What are you banned from?): banned off the chatroom
Ban reason: posted a "this is now a Spiderman thread" picture when serious discussion was happening
Ban length: unknown
Approximate time ban was placed (including time zone): 12-08-2017 19:40 [GMT] +4
Your side of the story: I simply posted a meme picture at the wrong moment
Why you think you should be unbanned: I think I shouldn't have been banned in the first place. Silenced? Yes. Kicked off the channel? Maybe. But not banned.
Xanju

Re: [unknown] Xanju - memeposting

Postby Xanju » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:47 pm

Discord id: Xanju#8490
Xanju

Postby somekindofpony » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:13 pm

Posting a meme during a serious discussion is a dumb thing, but outright banning them for doing it? I think a kick or a mute would have been better.
somekindofpony

Re: [Ace] Xanju - Shitposting in violation of Global Rule 6

Postby JoanRisu » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:46 am

It was an enforcement of Global Rule 6. Regardless of how you feel, you violated that rule in an attempt to derail a current discussion that while passionate was also not in violation of the same rule. It was disrespectful to the people who where trying to have a frank discussion that they cared about and wanted to be clear on. Had you been successful in derailing said conversation, you potentially would leave people with unresolved feelings that would build on each other. That is unacceptable and not at all healthy when it comes to talking honestly about issues of today.

In the meantime, we'll consider channel bans as alternative means for first and maybe second time offenders but those will still require appeals.

Ultimately, it is up to Ace to lift this ban since he applied it. I neither support nor oppose this appeal.
JoanRisu

Postby Scree » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:55 am

Global rules cover intentionally derailing discussions. If the discussion was out of hand, then it would have been time to call the mods/admins about it, not to try and derail it by yourself.
That said, be wary of getting into the line of thinking that leads to "I didn't think the punishment would be that bad so I went ahead and broke the rules anyway."
Scree

Postby Dhaeleena » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:21 pm

I dont think he did it with malicious intent, Xanju is an old player and we never had issues with him. Support
Dhaeleena

Postby Dhaeleena » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:23 pm

Also ace already lifted the ban
Dhaeleena

Return to Not Applicable