Old ban, Help?

These ban appeals were either already removed by the time they were reviewed, or they weren't from our server at all and you were directed here by mistake.

Moderator: Game Admins

Old ban, Help?

Postby BumbyTumby » Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:39 am

Byond account and character name: BumbyTumby, (N/A)
Discord ID (if applicable): Buddy Froggy#5694
Banning admin: (N/A)
Ban type (What are you banned from?): server
Ban reason given: spray painting N word in maint + being stupid
Ban length: perma
Approximate date that the ban was placed (including time zone): 10/27/2020(?)
Your side of the story: I was playing on vorestation early on ss13 gaming, being new and all. Everything was interesting to me and I spent most time playing xenobio. Skip a few pages in story and i end up giving out blue chilis as "breath mints" for bar. Little do i know these could do burn damage if someone took enough from the amount of cold they cause. Eventually (to prove a point, or from their own stupidity) someone ate a whole bowl of them and went into crit.

I ended up getting, in RP, but most certainly the feelings were OOC: dragged to office of CMO, talked down to, shunned, hated on, ear chewed out, etc etc (This lasted 30 IRL MINUTES, mind you). Just imagine someone unloading all their hatred into you + calling police (admins) to monitor you.

Which at the time they did.

I was dejected and mortified that my innocent little adventure into ss13 (after 2 months of playing and keeping to self) was devastated by someone being 100% toxic and lording over me.

The admins kept a close eye on me next round, i knew this, but was so bitter that I never got to state my side of the argument that I vented by being toxic myself. Hence - Defacing the station and just being a cunt. Which got me banned.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I have matured since then and know what to do to handle these high stress situations that come my way. Im certain that the person who was playing CMO at the time might of as well. I miss goofing off and makin' people happy in a server that enjoys some interesting nsfw things. Made about four friends from participating in it.

I hope that you can forgive my shortsighted outburst and understand my perspective on the situation. With the tongue lashing i received and all

Hope to hear from this soon.

(Bonus info: Since it was so long ago, I cannot remember who banned me - who chewed me out - or even if this is the correct server. Im sure it is though... Plus I made a new account since then. But surely my IP might be on record...... I think? Sorry for this strange ban appeal ! :mrgreen: ) (If it helps jog anyone's memory who this account belongs to - I was playing a character who was a 7ft tall bear that was a mute and knew sign language. Due to social anxiety irl had at the time, which probably didn't help my response to this event by acting out.)
BumbyTumby

Re: Old ban, Help?

Postby Kenzie » Sun Oct 16, 2022 3:26 pm

Try to connect and screenshot your actual ban reason because no one with that ckey is banned on our server. If you were playing a different ckey at the time it will be revealed by the ban message.
Kenzie

Postby BumbyTumby » Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:50 am

Kenzie wrote:Try to connect and screenshot your actual ban reason because no one with that ckey is banned on our server. If you were playing a different ckey at the time it will be revealed by the ban message.

I managed to join. I didn't realize the Byond location link was on this site.

I used it and was able to log on.

I just assumed i was banned still due to fact i couldnt find the darn server on public listing.

Sorry if this was a waste of time. But i think.... I think my account is fine? I waited out the entire ban?

If there is every any instance like this again - i'll be sure to catch these details so I don't have to play catch-up again.

Thank you for your help!

token screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/QjVDKKQ.png
BumbyTumby

Postby Kenzie » Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:41 pm

Yea I didn't see anyone banned on that date or with that ckey so. I dunno but I'm moving this to not applicable.
Kenzie

Return to Not Applicable