Schrano - Mime Bird

Want to play a Vox? A Diona? A special snowflake former l33t SWAT Spetznas supersoldier failed experiment from Deathkilldie-6? This is where you come to pitch your ideas for everything normally not allowed as characters on the server, so we can mold it into something usable.

Moderator: Lore Masters

Schrano - Mime Bird

Postby Schrano » Sat May 21, 2022 5:35 am

BYOND Key: Schrano

What kind of character/language do you want to apply for: Mime (job)

Name of Characters In-game: Taos Mairu, JAN-D, Kami Sm, Lucif-3, Kazi Jam, QT-ARACH and Scavenger.

Are they a fan character of another franchise?: N/A

If so, what the hell are they doing here?: N/A

How long you've been playing Vorestation: About half a year off and on I think.

What is this character's backstory?: Emia grew up in a largely regular childhood for a Shipborn Teshari, getting a standard education in culinary arts, early on in their education there was an accident on the ship to do with a pipe being well over its pressure limit and Emia being at the wrong place in the wrong time. This accident would cause them to lose their vocal cords entirely, the damages being well beyond anything that could be healed on its own or repaired via surgery without a donor. Emia was left largely without means to communicate and entirely out of the means to get an implant, TTS device or other electronic means of communication due to their family being low income. As a way to help with their economic conditions and to help deal with the issues incurred by not having vocal cords Emia learned performative communication, while unable to communicate by any spoken language or sign language this allowed Emia to still communicate their ideas. By the time Emia was an adult they had become a mime taking the stage name of Eemii, finding that they were uniquely capable of both practicing the art and acting out ideas effectively due to their impairments.

If they speak any special languages, why do they speak them?: "..." Reason: Mime.

What do you expect them to bring to the station's RP by this character being allowed?: My goal is to create a crewmember adaptable to most on Service Department roles while still being a mime at heart. This can help fill niches often left unfilled, like cleaning the floors on low-population shifts, cooking while the chef and botanist are out, on low-medium population shifts. This could assist the HoP in performing their task of assigning crew members where they are needed on station by providing a crew member who is multi-role and is unlikely to be left without any further tasks to be performed. On the more firmly RP side of things (ignoring all gameplay mechanics), the mime should be able to serve as an entertainer and RP partner for anyone who is lacking one, waiting for their partner to hop on or otherwise not being able to RP, I believe this will help keep the station feel more alive and reduce the amount of players who go AFK.

Play out the following simulated RP scenario (also feel free to alter this, as it is just an example scenario):
Recruiter: "So, tell me about yourself... what was your name again?"
You: Eemii lets out a mock gasp, moving their left hand open palm in front of their mouth, seemingly baffled by being asked to communicate verbally despite the fact that they are very obviously a mime. They reach down to their thigh, unbuttoning a bag that does not exist, Eemii moves both hands to the 'bag', mocking the movements of searching through your bag for something specific before taking out a very real ID Card, containing their legal name, along with their stage name drawn on in sharpie.
Recruiter: "Riiiiiiight..." The recruiter scribbles on his notepad, taking down notes. "Tell me about how you came to live on Virgo Prime."
You: Eemii moves both their arms out straight in front of them, making their left hand into a fist and holding the right hand finger to finger with an open palm. They move the fist downwards and move their palm around the balled fist, mimicking the elongated orbit that most shuttles take on.
Recruiter: The recruiter nods, hardly making eye contact as he reads off the standard list of questions. "Do you have any past experience working on NanoTrasen stations?"
You: The mime holds their arms in front of them, perpendicular to eachother and offset at a roughly 45°, creating an 'x' shape in front of them.
Recruiter: He nods again, writing down some notes, or perhaps doodling. It's impossible to tell which. "And what do you think you can bring to the company?"
You: Once again Eemii takes to the invisible bag, struggling to find their CV, they strain their back and look to the roof, away from where their 'bag' is, searching by touch for the paper. After a few moments of searching Eemii takes out a very folded stapled collection of papers, more obviously than the card if the interviewer were paying attention they would notice that the paper came from Eemii's sleeve. They slowly unfold the paper, letting their hand swing away from each fold before swooping it back to the paper to unfold the papers again. After a comical amount of folds are undone, and potentially redone, the CV gets slid on over to the recruiter. All of the pages are empty.
Recruiter: "Very well. Thank you for your time. We will contact you as soon as there is an opening suited for you." The impatient recruiter finally looks up again and waves the applicant along, ready for the next potential new employee.
You: The mime quietly stands up, giving a small bow to the recruiter before walking away at a trot.

Why do you want to play this individual?: I've realized that a lot of my characters are kind of samey speaking-wise and rely on it to heavily, I feel as if playing a character entirely incapable of speech could help improve my RP abilities, and I also absolutely adore the mime aesthetic.
Thank you for taking the time to read my post.
Schrano

Re: Schrano - Mime Bird

Postby Kenzie » Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:36 pm

I don't really see any problem with this.
Kenzie

Return to Special Characters