Weylin - Balloon Dragon

Want to play a Vox? A Diona? A special snowflake former l33t SWAT Spetznas supersoldier failed experiment from Deathkilldie-6? This is where you come to pitch your ideas for everything normally not allowed as characters on the server, so we can mold it into something usable.

Moderator: Lore Masters

Weylin - Balloon Dragon

Postby Weylin » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:59 am

BYOND Key:
Weylin
Species you want to apply for:
Balloon Dragon
Name of Characters In-game: (If applicable)
Daisy Skydancer
How long you've been playing Vorestation:
Less than a week
What is this character's backstory?:
Daisy grew tired of the routine and lazy life of sipping nectar and basking in the sun up among the clouds. While the others of her kind were largely xenophobic and suspicious of creatures that walked on hard surfaces, Daisy sought to befriend and communicate with them, and to learn more about the strange objects seen streaking across the skies that they were often seen stepping into.
Some example names of the species:
Dandy Stargazer, Bella Swiftwind, Donna Mistweaver, Iris , Lavvy, Daisy, Rose, Alli - First names are typically themed around flowers, plants, colors. Last names are typically around features of the skies, and may be shared among all tribe members.
Summarize what you know about the species:
Balloon Dragons are nomadic creatures that are known primarily for their wingless flight on planets with dense atmosphere. Despite the name, they are not rubber or plastic.
Balloon Dragons are quite small (standing about 2ft high when empty) and have a density similar to birds when deflated, but have remarkably sturdy and stretchy skin to accommodate their air bladders, and can often stand twice as high as an average human when pushed to their limits.
Under Earth-like atmosphere, they cannot fly, but as their natural habitat resides on a planet which had an air density closer to that of Venus, most environments leave them clumsily skipping along or moon jumping to get around.
All Balloon Dragons are Herms, but may fall into a preferred role.
Play out the following simulated RP scenario (also feel free to alter this, as it is just an example scenario):
Recruiter: "So, tell me about yourself... what was your name again?"
You: Hiya! Daisy Skydancer.
Recruiter: "Riiiiiiight..." The recruiter scribbles on his notepad, taking down notes. "Tell me about how you came to live on Virgo Prime."
You: Welllll, I got sick of floatin' around all day and suckin' out flowers like a good for nothin bag of hot air, so came on down to talk to some odd stompy creatures, learned their language, so on and so forth, blada bla. Anyhow, I'm looking to learn how you guys live, it seems very interesting, and I love to make friends and help out!
Recruiter: The recruiter nods, hardly making eye contact as he reads off the standard list of questions. "Do you have any past experience working on NanoTrasen stations?"
You: Hmm, nope, just a few run-ins with colonists on our home world who were kind enough to bring me along this way. This seemed like a good place to stop.
Recruiter: He nods again, writing down some notes, or perhaps doodling. It's impossible to tell which. "And what do you think you can bring to the company?"
You: I hear you have an atmospherics department? Balloons would be amazing at that, right? With all that floating around and stuff we do, right?
Recruiter: "Very well. Thank you for your time. We will contact you as soon as there is an opening suited for you." The impatient recruiter finally looks up again and waves the applicant along, ready for the next potential new employee.
You: Great! I look forward to it!! -She proceeds to skip back to the waiting area and sits down, somehow expecting this bureaucratic process to take all of 30 seconds-

Why do you want to play this species?:
Daisy is one of my oldest character designs, and I default to her when I want to use a character that is outgoing, fun-loving, and cheerful. (So basically the complete opposite of IRL me. She balances me out, ok? :P )
What do you expect them to bring to the station's RP by this character being allowed?:
Hopefully bumping into someone who likes balloons and inflation, or at least people into vore who would like her dry warm pillowy linen-like stomach.
Also cuddles, and looking out for all the poor lil micro characters that need someone nice to get squished with.
Weylin

Return to Special Characters