Verkister - Protean

Want to play a Vox? A Diona? A special snowflake former l33t SWAT Spetznas supersoldier failed experiment from Deathkilldie-6? This is where you come to pitch your ideas for everything normally not allowed as characters on the server, so we can mold it into something usable.

Moderator: Lore Masters

Verkister - Protean

Postby Verkister » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:18 pm

BYOND Key:
- Verkister

Species you want to apply for:
- Protean

Name of Characters In-game: (If applicable)
- Ectus

How long you've been playing Vorestation:
- About year and half actively, plus two occasionally.

What is this character's backstory?:
- After numerous applications of organic and synthetic nanotechnology within their scientific conquests, the research team at the local VARMAcorp branch decided to dabble around with the unofficially borrowed concept of fabricating functional bodies composed mainly of nanoswarms slapped around synthetic braining units controlling the mass. Evidently they finally got it working decently enough, and proceeded to move onto the next stages of field testing in a controlled environment, reluctantly provided by this other megacorporation (NT) already within their contact list that conveniently happens to run nice and safe enclosed environments in the shape of space stations and remote research facilities. Anyway back to the character. Our specimen sent here has been safely equipped with a rather basic intelligence stored in its learning capable synthetic noggin. He will be starting with little more than the basic work task knowledge and directions to avoid any predisposed issues with the crew. The learning system will be staying open to adapt to the influences of the productive working environment, and will hopefully graduate the field testing period as a proper image of a Virgo Orbital Research Establishment employee. Which will also include all the naughtier habits picked up along the way of course.

Some example names of the species:
- According to every reliable source, the representatives of this "species" carry no significantly specific naming culture.

Summarize what you know about the species:
- They are essentially swarms of nanotechnology controlled by special posibraining units equipped with the capabilities to control the swarm, capable of altering their shape and consistency. Mechanical quirks involve shapeshifting, eating different metals for special effects, blob crawling, nonstandard set of organs, burn weakness, brute resistance, and inability to be reproduced on station. Lorewise NT is being hella paranoid of allowing the dangerwarms on station, requiring a bunch of extra paperwork to exist in their premises.

Play out the following simulated RP scenario (also feel free to alter this, as it is just an example scenario):
Recruiter: "So, tell me about yourself... what was your name again?"

You: "Ectus."

Recruiter: "Riiiiiiight..." The recruiter scribbles on his notepad, taking down notes. "Tell me about how you came to live on Virgo Prime."

You: "I am here for advanced field testing within controlled environment. I am also intended to learn and adapt to the ways of a productive employee, taught by the greatest minds available; our experienced crew."

Recruiter: The recruiter nods, hardly making eye contact as he reads off the standard list of questions. "Do you have any past experience working on NanoTrasen stations?"

You: "I have been given the basic directives on the NanoTrasen methods and policies and passed a simulated tutorial course for appropriate behavior."

Recruiter: He nods again, writing down some notes, or perhaps doodling. It's impossible to tell which. "And what do you think you can bring to the company?"

You: "My presence is intended to bring us closer corporate connections and scientific advances for mutual benefit."

Recruiter: "Very well. Thank you for your time. We will contact you as soon as there is an opening suited for you." The impatient recruiter finally looks up again and waves the applicant along, ready for the next potential new employee.

You: "I will not let you down."

Why do you want to play this species?:
- Honestly I just felt like this was the perfect opportunity to finally make this character a proper thing. And boy do I really love the concept of actually getting to do all the cool goop stuff with people.

What do you expect them to bring to the station's RP by this character being allowed?:
- All the cool goop stuff, a new interesting character for the crew to corrupt, more opportunities for VARMAcorp lore building, plus all the delicious scene opportunities one could imagine with shapeshifting synthetic goop.
Last edited by Verkister on Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
OUCH!
Verkister

Re: Verkister - Protean

Postby nerdass » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:48 pm

y'know they're not done yet right
nerdass

Postby arokha » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:02 am

They aren't done. I guess we can just let this sit here until they are, but, it can't be accepted yet because every time I play one I have to make 2-3 PRs because of new bugs I find. I dunno how the downstreams have been dealing with their bugs. XD
arokha

Postby Verkister » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:24 pm

Heh yeah, no hurry or anything. Just happened to drift into thinking about how well that old unnamed character concept I had would fit this stuff and got inspired to lore it up and write the stuff clean before I'd forget hehe.
OUCH!
Verkister

Postby Verkister » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:52 pm

Got a sudden urge to make some fresh arts for this char :v
OUCH!
Verkister

Return to Special Characters