Greennyy - Black Eyed Shadekin

Want to play a Vox? A Diona? A special snowflake former l33t SWAT Spetznas supersoldier failed experiment from Deathkilldie-6? This is where you come to pitch your ideas for everything normally not allowed as characters on the server, so we can mold it into something usable.

Moderator: Lore Masters

Greennyy - Black Eyed Shadekin

Postby samej7504 » Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:10 pm

BYOND Key: Greennyy

Species you want to apply for: Black Eyed Shadekin

Name of Characters In-game: (If applicable) Brillana Rugin(To become a dragon/shadekin character. Other characters played on server include Brill Rugador, Owen Prevatt, Flick Bell)

How long you've been playing Vorestation: Ive been on and off the server since mid 2015

What is this character's backstory?: Brillana grew up on earth with her adopted brother, Brill. She a dragon, and he a naga, lived together in a mostly human neighborhood, taking what jobs they could. Once Brillana overheard something about NT recruiting people for an experimental station, with somewhat decent pay, health plan, and much less crowded living quarters than that of the planet Sol, she and her brother signed up that day to ship out with the next transport. Since then she has spent a large amount of time on station, starting off as cargo and bartender, before moving on to where she truly found she enjoyed working. Engineering. She worked in such capacity on the single floored station for some time before being raised to chief engineer. Eventually, she did retire as coming from nothing she and her brother were used to living very frugally, and had managed to save up an ammount of money. Since however, she has gotten bored of retirement and come back to work again.

Some example names of the species: Nopo (red eyes), Harmony, Zapper, Luthier

Summarize what you know about the species: Shadekin in general are from another, higher plane of existance, being a plane of energy and thought. The different color of eyes are GENERALLY indicative of temprament. Black eyes are Seemingly unable to move back and forth to this higher plane, called the "Dark". Seemingly... damaged?... in some way, they are less powerful than the other shadekin. They are still able to use shadekin empathy. Shadekin do not like light, but they are not hurt or actually repulsed by it. Shadekin do not have a verbal audible language, but they do make noises. They have shadekin empathy, relatively like telepathy, which doesnt require atmosphere or line of sight, or any given distance. Shadekin seem to be very particular about their names. Ive not seen any with nicknames. Black eye-d names seem to be related to or indicitive of some job or function, generally speaking. There are definitely members that have genitalia, though they are not easily noticed, covered in thick fur as they are. It is so far impossible to contain one against its will, at least by conventional methods. Shadekin do not know Common usually, but to be hired, black eyed shadekin MUST learn it. They are physically less sturdy, and have a faster metabolism, than almost anything else on station.

Play out the following simulated RP scenario (also feel free to alter this, as it is just an example scenario):
Recruiter: "So, tell me about yourself... what was your name again?"
You:"Same as it was when i applied the first time.. And the second time. Brillana Rugin."
Recruiter: "Riiiiiiight..." The recruiter scribbles on his notepad, taking down notes. "Tell me about how you came to live on Virgo Prime."
You:"Simple. I was working at a cafe on Sol, when i overheard one of the customers talking about NT hiring people for an testing station... we applied, somehow managed to get through the pile of paperwork required, and got picked from the list. then we got transport over to the residential district close to the station. We didnt have much to move."
Recruiter: The recruiter nods, hardly making eye contact as he reads off the standard list of questions. "Do you have any past experience working on NanoTrasen stations?"
You: "Yes. I worked on station originally hired over six years ago.... mostly working engineering, but ive also worked Cargo, mining, botanics, and bartending."
Recruiter: He nods again, writing down some notes, or perhaps doodling. It's impossible to tell which. He doesnt answer the question. "And what do you think you can bring to the company?"
You: "Ill bring back my usually cheery attitude, a warm friend for hugging, or being hugged, A hard worker when it comes down to being needed, and someone who is willing to go into do the dangerous things!"
Recruiter: "Very well. Thank you for your time. We will contact you as soon as there is an opening suited for you." The impatient recruiter finally looks up again and waves the applicant along, ready for the next potential new employee.
You: "Thanks for listening,.... if you actually were."

Why do you want to play this species?: Honestly i dont really want the species, i want the ears! but since i dont have a way to get the ears without the species, im applying. As a result of an ongoing multi-shift scene with a shadekin, Brillana has merged and now shares a body with the shadekin Nopo. We Decided whoever was in control of the body would be the one who had their body at the time. Brillana, while in control, would be herself, with some fur and the sharp, beartrap like teeth, and the shadekin ears. Nopo would get dragon wings, possibly scales and other things. We hadnt expected brillana to get shadekin empathy except when nopo was online/awake, but it seems like i cant get the ears without it~. However, being that shes not a natural shadekin, even if she uses it, she wont be using it often!

What do you expect them to bring to the station's RP by this character being allowed?: I plan on bringing in a half-shadekin character, who could potentially transform into a shadekin-halfdragon if said shadekin got online! Else, I plan on interacting with and learning more about these elusive shadekin!
samej7504

Return to Special Characters