Konner1055 - Xenochimera

Want to play a Vox? A Diona? A special snowflake former l33t SWAT Spetznas supersoldier failed experiment from Deathkilldie-6? This is where you come to pitch your ideas for everything normally not allowed as characters on the server, so we can mold it into something usable.

Moderator: Lore Masters

Konner1055 - Xenochimera

Postby Konner » Sat Apr 02, 2022 11:26 pm

BYOND Key: Konner1055

Species you want to apply for: Xenochimera

Name of Characters In-game: Konner Rios, Savant

How long you've been playing Vorestation: about a year? I honestly have a bad memory x3

What is this character's backstory?: Like all xenochimeras, Des was split from another xenochimera, though they quickly left what was to be Des to fend on its own, eating a few different animals and evolving, a clan of Unathi stumbled upon the feral creature, it turns out the planet they were on was Moghes. The Unathi clan captured the creature and through much time, trained the now Des, which now after some incidents, takes the form of an Unathi-like body.

Some example names of the species: Well, they don't exactly have a specific name structure like Proteans and the such, I just copied how Unathi are named for backstory reasons.

Summarize what you know about the species: Xenochimera are colony lifeforms, they are essentially an ant colony where all of the ants are single cells in one organism. Everything the Chimera does prior to gaining sentience is instinct-driven and meant to keep them alive, however, if and when they consume a being with a complex nervous system they tend to gain sentience and bits of knowledge from those they've eaten. Becoming sentient does not eliminate this instinct-driven behavior however and when stressed, left unfed, or pushed into a corner they can and will lose their minds, and enter their animalistic (Feral) state which can only be "Fixed" by getting rid of whatever stressors caused it.

Play out the following simulated RP scenario (also feel free to alter this, as it is just an example scenario):
Recruiter: "So, tell me about yourself... what was your name again?"
Des lets out a few hisses and clicks before realizing the recruiter has no idea what that means, "Dessss.."
Recruiter: "Riiiiiiight..." The recruiter scribbles on his notepad, taking down notes. "Tell me about how you came to live on Virgo Prime."
Des thinks for a second, "Desss come from other world.. Onessss who train Desss tell Dessss to come here for new ecssperiensssessss..."
Recruiter: The recruiter nods, hardly making eye contact as he reads off the standard list of questions. "Do you have any past experience working on NanoTrasen stations?"
Des shakes its head a few times.
Recruiter: He nods again, writing down some notes, or perhaps doodling. It's impossible to tell which. "And what do you think you can bring to the company?"
Des tilts its head, "Desss isss a fine hunter.. But alsssso good at hard labor jobssssss.."
Recruiter: "Very well. Thank you for your time. We will contact you as soon as there is an opening suited for you." The impatient recruiter finally looks up again and waves the applicant along, ready for the next potential new employee.
Des nods a few times, getting up and before leaving, suddenly bows as a sign of respect and just to be nice.

Why do you want to play this species?: I've always been interested in the exotic species you folks have here, so I'm slowly moving around and poking at them, first shadekin, trying to get protean, and now trying to get a xenochimera, I do say though, black-eyed shadekin are very fun to play, much floof and bean.

What do you expect them to bring to the station's RP by this character being allowed?: A chance for others to get eaten more of course! Or perhaps other things d:
Konner

Re: Konner1055 - Xenochimera

Postby Scree » Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:38 pm

Seems standard enough. I don't see any reason why a xenochimera wouldn't show up on Moghes - lasting long enough to actually split and make another without being caught on a major homeworld is the more unusual part.
Scree

Postby Konner » Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:48 pm

I mainly just went into the backstory of how Des came to be on the planet, so I have no backstory for the one that can be considered the "parent" to it, I can make more details for that part if you want though.
Konner

Postby biggs » Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:34 am

Very cool concept and I am shamelessly biased. Such a character definitely has a fair few questions to think about to enhance it I reckon. Don't feel the need to answer all of them to me, but some things to think on would be

1. How does this Xenochimera view The Unity?
2. If they are a believer of The Unity, does that change their perception of self at all?
3. Were they a welcomed member of the clan that trained them, or were they more like a pet they trained? (Do keep in mind at the very least a Unathi clan that would welcome such a creature in would be believers in the Fourth Reformation, AKA, non Unathi are able to be welcomed into The Unity)
3.1 If they were welcomed, did they take on the clan and potentially even family name? And if so do they prefer it like an Unathi would?
4. Why did they tell Des to come to Virgo of all places for new experiences?
5. Did being trained by a society that has their own struggles with instinct help or hinder Des with their own self control capabilities?

There's plenty others, but just some questions that can help ya flesh things out!
biggs

Return to Special Characters