SpessInquisitor - Vox

Want to play a Vox? A Diona? A special snowflake former l33t SWAT Spetznas supersoldier failed experiment from Deathkilldie-6? This is where you come to pitch your ideas for everything normally not allowed as characters on the server, so we can mold it into something usable.

Moderator: Lore Masters

SpessInquisitor - Vox

Postby Sentre » Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:27 pm

BYOND Key: SpessInquisitor

Species you want to apply for: Vox

Name of Characters In-game: Krickichee

How long you've been playing Vorestation: Not very long.

What is this character's backstory?: Raider turned pirate turned contract-bound employee of Nanotrasen. No control of his position in the company. Mainly just brought in to be muscle for Exploration, or possibly die.

Some example names of the species: Yachakita, Nikikia, Khorchatika, etc.

Summarize what you know about the species: The Vox are a nomadic species of bio-engineered aliens (some weird cross of avian, reptile, and insectoid). Their main contact with the rest of the galaxy is by raider crews manning skipjacks, or operating out of shoals. They may have inherited some form of advanced technology, due to their cortical stacks and the bio-technological guns they wield. They have a distain for 'dustlungs', or species that do not breathe the same nitrogen (or phoron, depending on server) gas that they do.

Play out the following simulated RP scenario (also feel free to alter this, as it is just an example scenario):
Recruiter: "So, tell me about yourself... what was your name again?"
You: Krickichee.
Recruiter: "Riiiiiiight..." The recruiter scribbles on his notepad, taking down notes. "Tell me about how you came to live on Virgo Prime."
You: Employement, yaya. He was brought here to work. He is supposed to fight or work some menial skrek.
Recruiter: The recruiter nods, hardly making eye contact as he reads off the standard list of questions. "Do you have any past experience working on NanoTrasen stations?"
You: Not for the company, no. Though, he has been to such stations before.
Recruiter: He nods again, writing down some notes, or perhaps doodling. It's impossible to tell which. "And what do you think you can bring to the company?"
You: Krickichee is raider. Krickichee has fought time and time again, and learned much from maintaining his old ship. He not want to be part of company, but since he is, he think he bring certain talents in fightings and repair work, yaya.
Recruiter: "Very well. Thank you for your time. We will contact you as soon as there is an opening suited for you." The impatient recruiter finally looks up again and waves the applicant along, ready for the next potential new employee.
You:

Why do you want to play this species?: Vox have always appealed to me, despite being more of an antag race. They are distanced from the rest of the crew, both by appearance, biology, and demeanor, but those could be interesting roadblocks to cross over as the character naturally grows to situations around him. Will they try and break out of their shell? Will they see any merit in the dustlungs around them? It might take time, but who knows what could happen with them?

What do you expect them to bring to the station's RP by this character being allowed?: Mainly being a grumpy skrek boy. Either as an engineer, an explorer, or a security officer, Krick could bring a lot just by him being detached from 'normal' stationgoers. He's also a character I'm bringing over from another server after nearly two years of play, so I've had a handle on his character for a while.
Sentre

Return to Special Characters