Chemlight - Xenochimera

Want to play a Vox? A Diona? A special snowflake former l33t SWAT Spetznas supersoldier failed experiment from Deathkilldie-6? This is where you come to pitch your ideas for everything normally not allowed as characters on the server, so we can mold it into something usable.

Moderator: Lore Masters

Chemlight - Xenochimera

Postby Chemlight » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:06 pm

BYOND Key: Chemlight

Species you want to apply for: Xenochimera

Name of Characters In-game: Kenshin Midori

How long you've been playing Vorestation: Probably since February of this year (2021)

What is this character's backstory?:Kenshin Midori, a post sheltered presumably lab grown xenochimera that was originally found on a derelict ship during a Sol-Procyon salvage operation on a cargo transport ship that seemed to have ties to The Elysian Colonies, suggesting they were a part of slave cargo. On discovery Kenshin was found in a small cryo stasis pod appearing to be a young child, Vulpkanin in appearance with a few odd features such as possessing an additional pair of limbs, along with an eerie bioluminescent glow.

Originally their species adopted as Vulpkanin was later identified as xenochimera in 2301 after some DNA testing that matched similar results to Alcibiades, the first back in 2299 with Roanoake Syndrome. While the physiological of Kenshin's biology suggests Vulpkanin in nature, it is unknown if they were originally engineered with such DNA to incorporate their appearance or somewhere down the line consumption was made to adopt this current appearance, while their multiple limbs suggest origins from Vasilssans.

While feral in nature upon cryogenic revival, it should be noted Kenshin was found in a immediate flight mode over fight, suggesting previous handlers provided a strong element of negative punishment over applied behavior analysis, although after some time they then showed small signs of understanding with tones of voice softer spoken words kept the individual at ease, while a aggressive tone triggered the fight or flight reflex rather quickly. At this time Kenshin was estimated to be about five at the time of discovery, at this rate recognized as a sapient species they were provided with an estimated date of birth of 2295 September 22nd based on the day of discovery and physical appearance.

Xenobiologists took a strong interest in study, SolGov quickly shut down the situation of non consensual experimentation with this new found developing xenochimera, although some monitoring was required to keep an eye development. A pair was carefully selected to be parents and aid in the long process of nurturing and development providing education and a diet plan to help prevent future tendencies of sudden predator elements while keeping feral instincts at an all time low.

Over the course of what seemed to be 20 years developing in a sheltered environment, this xenochimera quickly learned over how to speak galactic common and get the bearings over education with a favored study in mathematics, suggesting the roanoake microbe mimicking the Vulpkanin academic interests.

However it should be noted feral tendencies still remain albeit in a far less sever state constantly in a battle between their mind and body, or in this case their teachings and colony, the best way it could be described is a deer being caught in a headlight in most cases Kenshin responds with the flight mechanism.

Although there has been small incidents of fight where biting is involved, when soon discovering their actions, quickly they took action to self punishment, which could range from a variety of scenes, although most commonly is self isolation, suggesting they take responsibility for their actions in a sense of having a strong sense of empathy.

It should be clear by now that Kenshin should be suitable for general work environment while still being a newly uncovered species it's recommended they would work at the Virgo Orbital Research Establishment, provided they can give more research on their biology and traits should they prove willing to consent to experimentation.

Some example names of the species: Alcibiades is an example, although that would be for the first positive identification of a sentient Roanoake hybrid. While one could be named Selem for looking primarily as a Tajaran, it all depends on what's adopted based on their physical make up and wishes.

Summarize what you know about the species: Xenochimera on their own have a particularly unknown origin, while some situations have found biomass frozen in space, buried in asteroids, and in rare cases mistaken as fossils, while a large majority of their findings are from meteors on planetfall. The section of space itself where their found is not normally visited, as it's in vicinity of planetary bodies, normally these areas aren't quite seen as the use of bluespace FTL bypasses these areas.

In a sense of breaking it down, Xenochimera aren't quite sapient on their own or have it's own physical species but instead sort of a seed, as on the microscopic level it's more that they're a hivemind of millions of microscopic organisms, predatory in nature as they seek out other living organisms to feed on, almost as a means of absorption in a sense while not getting confused of changelings as their cells consume, split, and possibly mutate to mimic what was eaten to assimilate into the hive to better aid in its survival.

On a base level the intelligence of the microbes could be described as an ant colony, communicating with each other on a network as they're driven by survival at all cost. Although should a sapient creature be consumed by a Xenochimera after some time cognitive development can occur and thus give them a spark of intelligence, while some may be feel guilty for some of their actions and go on a path of redemption, others in particular may not care for their actions. In the end they don't copy an individual they might have ate or consumed, but rather mimic, almost becoming their own individual in a sense.

Play out the following simulated RP scenario (also feel free to alter this, as it is just an example scenario):
Recruiter: "So, tell me about yourself... what was your name again?"
You: The large canid like Xenochimera would take a moment to sit down in the chair for the interview, seeming to straddle it in a way as their figure seems a tad bit too big for the chair, partially stammering, “K-Kenshin Midori... a-and how about yo-.”
Recruiter: "Riiiiiiight..." The recruiter scribbles on his notepad, taking down notes. "Tell me about how you came to live on Virgo Prime."
You: Kenshin seems to lock up for a second being cut off mid sentence before sighing, rubbing along the back of his head, he would then look back to the recruiter trying to meet them eye to eye saying, “I.. well.. I was originally found and adopted in a sense, living, learning, getting educated.. I was rather sheltered yet my memory is a bit hazy before life here... b-but before all this I wasn't in the b-best living conditions.. I think...
Recruiter: The recruiter nods, hardly making eye contact as he reads off the standard list of questions. "Do you have any past experience working on NanoTrasen stations?"
You: Looking down at the moment noticing the recruiter was more so treating this like any other interview as Kenshin peeks over his shoulder to look towards the door that led to the room with other applicants. “N-No.. not that I'm aware..
Recruiter: He nods again, writing down some notes, or perhaps doodling. It's impossible to tell which. "And what do you think you can bring to the company?"
You: “Well... I want to say I'm an honest and hard worker... I'm pretty quick on the fly with learning as I'm more than eager to learn new things... hopefully in a steady environment.”
Recruiter: "Very well. Thank you for your time. We will contact you as soon as there is an opening suited for you." The impatient recruiter finally looks up again and waves the applicant along, ready for the next potential new employee.
You: Kenshin would raise up a finger as if he would have a question, yet at the same time lowering it before closing his jaw to not speak another word. Quickly he would nod, stumbling a bit as he accidentally gets a leg caught in the chair, before carefully putting it back in place for the next applicant before taking a deep breath to relax as if their hair was already standing up from the whole conversation, leaving the room all the same as he watches the next applicant step on in.

Why do you want to play this species?:I wanted to have a exotic species that was much like a custom species, while Xenochimera really pushed a lot of buttons explaining a rather alien species derived from a colony of micro organisms working as a colony to form a body, while the biggest factor would be incomprehensible DNA that would overall make them too complex to resleeving, and with the biology of a Xenochimera, it would help explain the rapid mitosis factor I had in mind for my character Kenshin.

What do you expect them to bring to the station's RP by this character being allowed?: Well it's more of a species change if anything from custom species to xeno chimera, as a new player the same elements would be retained being new to the station, learning a lot about the environment as most of everything seems foreign to them and the sorts. By changing the character I currently play as to Xenochimera (I will have to change some medical records and other things.) I can imagine that I can add in a lot more flavor with being an alien crew member, while trying to do their best to fit into the environment for normalcy on top of having small episodes of break downs going feral and needing to hide or feed (which could help with scenes being a pred in the future for those willing to be involved).

A small note: I want to say thank you for taking the time read over this post while yes this is my first post on the forums, I might be a bit shy to introduce myself all the while, but hopefully that may change in time. Also by all means feel free to give criticism, I'd love to see if I can't patch up the backstory a bit if it doesn't quite fit or even be told and correct about the species I missed or otherwise misunderstood.
Chemlight

Re: Chemlight - Xenochimera

Postby Scree » Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:06 pm

Well, the multiple limbs might not imply vasilissans - the chimera could have just eaten a straight-up spider. Getting small bugs and crawly things mixed up in their bodies is fairly common.

One thing that is slightly odd is that if they were deliberately created as a xenochimera from sentient stock, before such things were known to be possible, this is the kind of discovery that a lot of scientists might rush to publish, not sit on it for four years and stuff it in a cargo container - unless they found it in the wild somewhere and had no idea what they were dealing with, taking it for another random genemod.
Scree

Postby Chemlight » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:27 pm

Scree wrote:Well, the multiple limbs might not imply vasilissans - the chimera could have just eaten a straight-up spider. Getting small bugs and crawly things mixed up in their bodies is fairly common.

One thing that is slightly odd is that if they were deliberately created as a xenochimera from sentient stock, before such things were known to be possible, this is the kind of discovery that a lot of scientists might rush to publish, not sit on it for four years and stuff it in a cargo container - unless they found it in the wild somewhere and had no idea what they were dealing with, taking it for another random genemod.

The first point does make a lot of sense considering the situation, which is something to consider, really I thought it could be vasilissans or spiders, or even insectoid in nature to influence the anatomy.

While the second point is a pretty valid one and has a good point. I was trying to look about a work around to consider the age of Kenshin being believable for the most part while not being quite as sentient upon cryo revival until going through development stages through a long process of mitosis mimicking cells for cognitive function, along with some elements of nurture. Really I wanted to make it either lab grown, illegally conducted off the books for research outside of SolGov's eyes before the the cargo carrier had an incident. or like you mentioned being found out in the wild then taken for study before being found in the same situation of the carrier.

Overall I wanted to make the original origins of discovery a bit of a mystery, leaving individuals to wonder as well as the character themselves to ponder where they came from, and delusional believe there's other out there like themselves (thinking it as their own species over a xenochimera) due to possible exploration films crossing with memory to believe it's true. While finally keeping it close to ideally being found near The Elysian Colonies, Skrell seem to be dominant around the area but who knows, a slave or two used for testing could have been the influence to xenochimera from a genemod. That or there was a rather unlucky soul one day.

Again criticism is welcome incase I might be overthinking the situation a bit.
Chemlight

Postby Scree » Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:41 am

Records being lost is fine - after all, xenochimera were around without being officially "discovered" for at least some time. And let's face it, most of them don't know where they came from themselves.
Scree

Postby Chemlight » Sun May 02, 2021 6:20 am

That would be the plan for the most part! Mainly speculation to guess what they were before being found. While the only history they can put together in the developing brain, primarily through just being sheltered and taught fighting nature with nurture.

(Although I will admit, I did really like the concept of xenochimera with Ken as it fits the whole incomprehensible DNA part although I am new to vore station as a whole, my preferences do line up with a predator that can fit with the xenochimera should I try to make a scene with it.
Chemlight

Postby Scree » Thu May 06, 2021 11:25 pm

Yee, that works.
Scree

Return to Special Characters