Etheo - Black Eyed Shadekin

Want to play a Vox? A Diona? A special snowflake former l33t SWAT Spetznas supersoldier failed experiment from Deathkilldie-6? This is where you come to pitch your ideas for everything normally not allowed as characters on the server, so we can mold it into something usable.

Moderator: Lore Masters

Etheo - Black Eyed Shadekin

Postby Etheo » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:50 pm

BYOND Key: jademanique

Species you want to apply for: Black-Eyed Shadekin

Name of Characters In-game: Jesunii, Damascus, Brightside, Kingside, Caliginis, Click, Alexandra

How long you've been playing Vorestation: Around three years now.

What is this character's backstory?:
He was born to a a rather seclusive family of green eyes, who rarely, if ever, entered realspace as is.
His family was cautious, but curious, opting to enter realspace in small clusters to gather materials, supplies, to explore artistic intrigues that the named members had developed and encouraged amongst the family.
The first phasing ritual was revered as mandatory, with the family being internally inclusive in all affairs.

His time to go through with the ritual, and preparations were begun, he was brought to the family's revered site for performing the ritual, and it began. The risks were always a variable with this, and his turn was by no means an exception.
He was eager to succeed, to earn and choose his name, a tradition for the family being the first trinket the shadekin returned with would be what decides their name. He had high expectations, he had a wish to break the norm and broaden his, and his family's, horizons beyond something as calm or mundane as mere arts and crafts.

Needless to say, he succeeded in breaking the norm. Upon proceeding with the ritual, things went wrong for him, and he ended up crippled, lapsing conciousness soon after.
Being incapable of pulling his weight in contributing the the family's traditions, he was exiled for more than just necessity to keep him alive- If he could not enter and leave realspace like the rest, he was left to fend for himself. The last favor he received was being placed in the care of ITG, so he had a fighting chance. He was offered a name based off his timid demeanor, and given that he would never be able to earn one 'properly', he opted to accept it, Suaviter.

He eventually recovered, and spent a fair bit of time conflicted, depressed with his new condition, but as time went on he began to realize new ambitions, he had a clear goal in sight beyond just -being different- than the rest of his family- He had achieved that already, amusingly enough, but now he craved to undo that. He aspired to seek out medical treatment, failing that, medical education, to hopefully, one day, be able to find a treatment for himself, or at the least, develop one. Of course, he has a long journey before him in this desire.

Some example names of the species:
All shadekin I've seen have had simple, one word names, akin to nicknames. My shadekin, Click, was called that because he obsessively takes photographs of people he meets.
Examples would be simple concepts, defining features, or something that people define the character as, like a nickname.

Summarize what you know about the species:
My knowledge of the species was fairly archaic up until fairly recently, but.
Shadekin are a species that has proven mythlike, obscure and broadly unheard of until recent, as their home habitat is an extradimensional space referred to as the Dark, where they live and survive in.
The species survives off the energy that this space provides, and rarely leave it as such.

Play out the following simulated RP scenario (also feel free to alter this, as it is just an example scenario):
Recruiter: "So, tell me about yourself... what was your name again?"
You: The lanky shadekin perked at the question, and clearly hesitated,"Its-" he paused,"Its... Suaviter."
Recruiter: "Riiiiiiight..." The recruiter scribbles on his notepad, taking down notes. "Tell me about how you came to live on Virgo Prime."
You: He kept his hands folded in his lap in a polite stance as he continued to answer the questions,"I-I was offered a... 'Scholarship' by Nanotrasen. I, uh... I work as a nurse, right now, but Im learning to be a doctor, and a medical researcher."
Recruiter: The recruiter nods, hardly making eye contact as he reads off the standard list of questions. "Do you have any past experience working on NanoTrasen stations?"
You: "Tha- This, uhm. This is my first official job with NanoTrasen."
Recruiter: He nods again, writing down some notes, or perhaps doodling. It's impossible to tell which. "And what do you think you can bring to the company?"
You: "I-I've been told I have charming bedside manner... Wha- When I get momentum going, I'm good at talking to people... Plus, Im still in training to be a proper doctor, so I can apply my skills to work as I become certified to do more."
Recruiter: "Very well. Thank you for your time. We will contact you as soon as there is an opening suited for you." The impatient recruiter finally looks up again and waves the applicant along, ready for the next potential new employee.
You: He does seem taken aback at the sudden dismissal, ears folding to his head. He nods, and hops up, leavign as instructed.

Why do you want to play this species?:
Mostly because I love playing as my red eye whenever I play him, but I cant exactly autonomously decide to play him whenever whyever, so I thought I'd make a black eye, so I dont have to give a wide berth of time between visits as a shadekin.
Love their design, their lore is charming, and frankly, I love fluff.

What do you expect them to bring to the station's RP by this character being allowed?:
Mostly this is going to be for my own entertainment. I have no dedicated doctory characters, and Ive been craving an opportunity to properly develop a character that has little to no backstory. I want to *build* that backstory, and include people in its development.
I don't expect to fulfill Suaviter's ambition, ever, so that's just there to give him something *obvious* to work towards, which is why he's starting off as a nurse.
Etheo

Return to Special Characters