MagpieMayhem-Vox

Want to play a Vox? A Diona? A special snowflake former l33t SWAT Spetznas supersoldier failed experiment from Deathkilldie-6? This is where you come to pitch your ideas for everything normally not allowed as characters on the server, so we can mold it into something usable.

Moderator: Lore Masters

MagpieMayhem-Vox

Postby MagpieMayhem » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:51 pm

BYOND Key: MagpieMayhem

Species you want to apply for: Vox

Name of Characters In-game: (If applicable) Phoebe, Beauregard, Aloy, B.e.a.u-38 a few more or so

How long you've been playing Vorestation: 5ish months? On and off I also played a bit on another station a bit

What is this character's backstory?: Kisalikaxi was a very young vox whom got taken on a Raid with a group from their derelict station, desperate for food they traveled out of the normal Sol area where Vox raid normally to pirate other ships and such. During said raid on a commercial ship all of the other Vox were killed and Kisalikaxi was taken prisoner by said ship and was trained to scientists for various experiments so they could better understand the biology of vox. As time passed Kisalikaxi aged and they and the scientists she had been sold to grew fond of each other the Vox even had free reign of their ship. The Vox was not very smart but she had a general understanding of things always tinkering out of boredom giving them some basic robotics skills. It was not long till the very ship they lived on was too attacked by the syndicate most of the crew killed Kisalikaxi and the rest of the crew took escape pods and were scattered. Now Kisalikaxi is trying to find a new home and work where she can possibly reconnect with the other survivors of the tragedy. That lead them to Virgo station, due to the accepting crew and plentiful work available.

Some example names of the species: Kisalikaxi, Xiliazi, Kixililaz, I was told lots of K names

Summarize what you know about the species: from what I know from reading the wiki that vox are a scattered species with a heigherarchy within a family, they live in derelict and usually falling apart stations they likely raided. And usually vox whom are split off from the group are usually Defected and attacked by the other vox, they can’t be resleaved because their mind is stored on a cortical stack, most vox that are not in a group are usually smelly because their body is dying.

Play out the following simulated RP scenario (also feel free to alter this, as it is just an example scenario):
Recruiter: "So, tell me about yourself... what was your name again?"
You screech: This ones name is Kisalikaxi
Recruiter: "Riiiiiiight..." The recruiter scribbles on his notepad, taking down notes. "Tell me about how you came to live on Virgo Prime."
You: Kisalikaxi need work, heard Virgo much work, many kinds of other species maybe accept, Kisalikaxi need new home *The vox makes some gestures with their hands as they speak*
Recruiter: The recruiter nods, hardly making eye contact as he reads off the standard list of questions. "Do you have any past experience working on NanoTrasen stations?"
You: Kisalikaxi live on a research vessel long time, also do mining on ground station so vox get money and not starve.
Recruiter: He nods again, writing down some notes, or perhaps doodling. It's impossible to tell which. "And what do you think you can bring to the company?"
You: Vox help fix the machines, maybe fix other things, many bits bobs and doodads and can break rocks bring the shinies so the science can make other thingies. Vox help, Kisalikaxi bring the shinies, fix the metal machines, and learn new things.
Recruiter: "Very well. Thank you for your time. We will contact you as soon as there is an opening suited for you." The impatient recruiter finally looks up again and waves the applicant along, ready for the next potential new employee.
You: Kisalikaxi hopes be seeing you again, Kisalikaxi hopes get job.

Why do you want to play this species?: because I enjoy their general anatomy, and their characteristics I think they would be a fun character to play.
I got to play a Vox on skyrat and it was a fun and unique experience to be a vox and I feel like playing one on vore station would be pretty awesome with the overall chill environment.
What do you expect them to bring to the station's RP by this character being allowed?: I think it would bring a bit of spice to the overall environment a different and odd species, with different day to day challenges with how they breath phoron. I feel like it would be a lot of fun to interact with people and develop this character within the community. I like them alot because they resemble birds, and have a very intriguing culture that i've been learning about over time.
Last edited by MagpieMayhem on Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MagpieMayhem

Re: MagpieMayhem-Vox

Postby MagpieMayhem » Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:28 pm

I read all there is to the wiki and i tried to make it fit to the best of my ability, Im super open to other ideas and such on the species and how i can make it fit.
MagpieMayhem

Re: MagpieMayhem-Vox

Postby JustBen201 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:39 pm

I wasn't so sure of the idea of Vox being an interesting species- But after reading it didn't really changed my perspective, but it made me realize that it didn't matter what species you are, it just matters that your character has motivation and a story that matches it.
Her back story is a interesting one, giving her enough explanation to say which are her skills and her hopes and dreams.
Can't really say much since I haven't given a proper critique in a while, yet I really liked this one.
JustBen201

Return to Special Characters