Boop/Pearl Prophet - Protean

Want to play a Vox? A Diona? A special snowflake former l33t SWAT Spetznas supersoldier failed experiment from Deathkilldie-6? This is where you come to pitch your ideas for everything normally not allowed as characters on the server, so we can mold it into something usable.

Moderator: Lore Masters

Boop/Pearl Prophet - Protean

Postby Boop » Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:51 pm

BYOND Key:
- Pearl Prophet

Species you want to apply for:
- Protean

Name of Characters In-game: (If applicable)
- Cecil Mulgrave, Gabriz Agbail, Bede Foores. Had a pretty wide range of characters over the two or so years.

How long you've been playing Vorestation:
- Ages. Before the merge over onto Polaris. Maybe 1 and a half to 2 years?

What is this character's backstory?:
- Being one of Sol’s oldest and largest companies still in operation today, Zeng-Hu Pharmaceuticals has always been at the forefront of any technological breakthrough and the recent up-tick in Proteans is no different. Syi-Hu, a recently ‘indebted’ Zeng-Hu branded synthetic has taken the opportunity the company has offered by the company to trial the relatively new technology in exchange for a considerable sum of thalers to be shaved off of that debt. Of course they still need to work off the rest of the debt, and what better of a place than the rim? The relatively new colonies there come with few restrictions on protean technology and their phoron rich deposits ensure there’s plenty of work to go around.

Some example names of the species:
- Depends on the person who’s become it.

Summarize what you know about the species:
- Proteans are not exactly all that much of a ‘species’, rather a nanite swarm which simply has taken the form of something- or just a ‘blob’. Their usefulness in the workplace should not be understated with just how flexible and manipulative they can be, allowing them to perform tasks that no ordinary synthetic or organic could hope to achieve.

Play out the following simulated RP scenario (also feel free to alter this, as it is just an example scenario):
The recruiter stares forward as the door shifts open to the meeting room. His gaze looking up at head height, yet the figure that should be entering the door isn’t there! Darting his gaze downwards, he gives a suspicious squint as yet another protean shifts their way into that interview room.

Syi-Hu’s ever-shifting mass of grey goop effortlessly glides their way through the entrance and then onto the chair in front, enveloping around it before they had started to shift once more- though rather than moving forward, the ever so slightly translucent mass of grey-stuff started to change colours and reform. A pair of feet planted down against the floor before the movements of change shifted further up her legs, hips and then some! Pretty soon, there’s a fully clothes Zeng-Hu branded synthetic sitting right there in front of the recruiter.

The recruiter gives an awkward cough before continuing, “So, tell me about yourself... what was your name again?"

Syi-Hu replies, “Syi-Hu sir. My previous form, before I became a Protean, was a Zeng-Hu synthetic working as a roboticist back on Mars. Of course, the restrictive policy on such beings back there has left me looking for alternative employment opportunities.”

The recruiter nods, hardly making eye contact as he reads off the standard list of questions. "Do you have any past experience working on NanoTrasen stations?"

Syi-Hu replies once more, “I’m afraid I have not. As I’ve said before though, I am more than aware of the ‘ins-and-outs’ of being a robiticist. I have dabbled in a few other fields of science as well.”

The recruiter hums softly, scribbling down on his page before he rattled off another question, “And what do you think you can bring to the company?"

Syi-Hu adjusted herself on the chair, shifting forwards slightly before replying, “Dedication and efficiency. I have no need to pause for breaks and this form is good at manipulating more than one thing at a time.”
He gives a subtle nod, his eyes staring down at the page once more as the pen glided along the page, writing down a few last notes. Taking a quick moment to glance upwards, “Thank you for your time, Syi-Hu. You may leave.” before he went and continued.

Syi-Hu nodded back at him, giving off an eerily robotic smile. “No, no. Thank you. The pleasure is all mine.” She responded before that ‘solid’ state she had formed into disappeared! Slipping back into the mass of grey, shiny nanites, she retreated her way back out the door.

Why do you want to play this species?:
- Who wouldn't wanted to be a cold and uncaring mass of machines? There's plenty of fun that could happen, and the whole 'changing your entire body on a whim' does seem appealing during a scene.

What do you expect them to bring to the station's RP by this character being allowed?:
- A professional and efficient roboticist working, however a cool and calm individual outside of work. Really just down to Earth and happy for a chat
[+]
and to vore the fuck out of people for more nanites.
Boop

Return to Special Characters