Grey29- Rapala(blind)

Want to play a Vox? A Diona? A special snowflake former l33t SWAT Spetznas supersoldier failed experiment from Deathkilldie-6? This is where you come to pitch your ideas for everything normally not allowed as characters on the server, so we can mold it into something usable.

Moderator: Lore Masters

Grey29- Rapala(blind)

Postby grey212 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:31 pm

BYOND Key: grey29

Species you want to apply for: Blind Rapala

Name of Characters In-game: Nobi Sebi, Aobi Sebi, Imani Eebi

How long you've been playing Vorestation: 2-3 years I think

What is this character's backstory?: Ciel was an prosthetics specialized surgeon and synthetics repair woman who took great pride in her work until an until then undiagnosed condition caused the part of her brain responsible for processing visual information to fail causing a complete loss of her vision that more ore less supersedes treatment via replacement or resleeving she is now trying to find meaningful work while working through her new lot in life.
Summarize what you know about the species: Notes can be found here and here. She is a rapala-nevrean
mixed breed like her younger sister so a avian person... but y'know blind.
Play out the following simulated RP scenario (also feel free to alter this, as it is just an example scenario):
Recruiter: "So, tell me about yourself... what was your name again?"
You: Ciel, Ciel Eebi, nice to meet you *nods her head politely in the general direction of the recruiter.
Recruiter: "Riiiiiiight..." The recruiter scribbles on his notepad, taking down notes. "Tell me about how you came to live on Virgo Prime."
You: I requested a transfer after I realized I was no longer cut out for my prior station which had a history of.... I want to say violence?
Recruiter: The recruiter nods, hardly making eye contact as he reads off the standard list of questions. "Do you have any past experience working on NanoTrasen stations?"
You: Yes, I have.... er had a job as a roboticist along with some sundry medical and surgical training.
Recruiter: He nods again, writing down some notes, or perhaps doodling. It's impossible to tell which. "And what do you think you can bring to the company?"
You: I have several years of experience in my fields and while I *pauses for a moment* am not quite up to the job as I might have been I'm sure my knowledge base would still be useful to the right people.
Recruiter: "Very well. Thank you for your time. We will contact you as soon as there is an opening suited for you." The impatient recruiter finally looks up again and waves the applicant along, ready for the next potential new employee.
You: *Carefully makes her way out of the room.*

Why do you want to play this species?: I was making a character for CiT and was throwing stuff at the walls till I grabbed the blind trait and then I decided to form the character around it, but the blindness simply isn't workable with the various antags and danger rounds and a cult round spent being the most useless cultist convinced me it was time to make some choices, and I really didn't want to throw out the character as I had grown attached.
grey212

Re: Grey29- Rapala(blind)

Postby Wickedtemp » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:21 pm

What jobs are you planning on having them in?
Wickedtemp

Postby grey212 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:33 am

Lab assistant ,visitor, maybe librarian, I definitely want to keep them away from jobs I would end up hurting more than being useful, I don't wanna perma assistant but I do want to work my way up to a fuller job that I would still be able to do ic.
grey212

Postby Wickedtemp » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:07 am

Tbh makes sense
Wickedtemp

Postby grey212 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:34 pm

I am a bit worried about emotes and figured I should ask if there is a known workaround like some sort of blinding fluff item or something?
grey212

Postby Mr_Signmeup » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:23 pm

Mechanically, you cannot play a blind character because you will be unable to see emotes because that's how being blind is. And there's no way to make yourself blind when you spawn in without you stabbing your eyes out like a psychopath. I remember one blind character fluffed it as their NIF assisted them in being able to see. So, I would recommend going down that route of just 'fluffing' it as you're blind but being capable of some sight via cybernetics. Either that they give a general outline of your surroundings or sonar-based cybernetic sight.
Reshskaskakss Seekiseekis: Chief of Security
Mr_Signmeup

Return to Special Characters