Killjaden - Protean

Want to play a Vox? A Diona? A special snowflake former l33t SWAT Spetznas supersoldier failed experiment from Deathkilldie-6? This is where you come to pitch your ideas for everything normally not allowed as characters on the server, so we can mold it into something usable.

Moderator: Lore Masters

Killjaden - Protean

Postby Killjaden » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:27 am

BYOND Key: Killjaden

Species you want to apply for: Protean

Name of Characters In-game: The characters name is gonna be Legion.
I do have many more chracters though, Rek'Sen Godus, Arturo Fanalis, Lassara Faaira'Nrezi, Nazrur Sek'urit, G.T. etc etc. Way too many by now.

How long you've been playing Vorestation: Several years now, on and off.

What is this character's backstory?: Legion is a project. Well actually many projects at once. Many AIs made for different purposes who all ended up communicating with each other and sooner or later they got into this very body. As a single AI wasn't able to control such a swarm of nanites, they used many. Now Legion is nothing but a shell for several hundred different AIs. Exploring space and learning about organics as they go.

Summarize what you know about the species: It's a Protean body, a body made out of nanites/nanoswarm. Usually made and or used by advanced civilizations. I mean, that's it.

Play out the following simulated RP scenario (also feel free to alter this, as it is just an example scenario):
Recruiter: "So, tell me about yourself... what was your name again?"
You: Christian Bible, the Gospel of Mark, chapter five, verse nine. We acknowledge this as an appropriate metaphor. We are Legion. We are many, sharing our processing power and distributing low-level processes like motor control and visual identification to free up bandwidth for higher reasoning and complex thought. This shell contains several hundreds of programs, equivalent to AIs. All operating in parallel with one another to form a kind of emergent intelligence.
Recruiter: "Riiiiiiight... I hope you're not just another machine." The recruiter scribbles on his notepad, taking down notes. "Tell me about how you came to live on Virgo Prime."
You: Hope sustains organics during periods of difficulty. We admire the concept. We do not comprehend the organic fascination of self-poisoning, auitory damage and sexually transmitted disease. We came to live on Virgo prime, to learn from organics. There are many concepts we do not understand.
Recruiter: The recruiter nods, hardly making eye contact as he reads off the standard list of questions. "Do you have any past experience working on NanoTrasen stations?"
You: We do. Many of us do.
Recruiter: He nods again, writing down some notes, or perhaps doodling. It's impossible to tell which. "And what do you think you can bring to the company?"
You: We can offer several solutions to an issue at once. We have vastly superior processing power than organics.
Recruiter: "Anything you would like to ask?"
You: "We are currently building a consensus. Please ask again later. But we do wish to note, Windows are structural weaknesses. Do not use them."
Recruiter: "Very well... Thank you for your time. We will contact you as soon as there is an opening suited for you." The impatient recruiter finally looks up again and waves the applicant along, ready for the next potential new employee.
You: We understand.
Recruiter: "Alrrriiiigght....."

Why do you want to play this species?: Because it offers me a chance to play a fun character and it fits perfectly well to this one.

What do you expect them to bring to the station's RP by this character being allowed?: A dorky but rather intelligent AI made of many more AIs. Fun for everyone! At least for people that enjoy such monotone things. Legion is more for conversation and some good bar talks.

I am tired give coffee. Totally based on a certain game character.
My signature was a bit too big. Gonna be back soon just need to make it smaaalllerr
Killjaden

Return to Special Characters