Tisurian - BioSynth

Want to play a Vox? A Diona? A special snowflake former l33t SWAT Spetznas supersoldier failed experiment from Deathkilldie-6? This is where you come to pitch your ideas for everything normally not allowed as characters on the server, so we can mold it into something usable.

Moderator: Lore Masters

Tisurian - BioSynth

Postby Tidurian » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:59 am

BYOND Key:
tisurian

What kind of Species do you want to apply for:
In Short a Biological Synth.
Basically an individual that shares the main traits of being a synthethic with a positronic brain but is composed out of biological components.
Even the positronic Brain would be Biological. Every component the synth is built out of could be reproduced in a growing pod by medical.

Name of Characters In-game: (If applicable)
My Main Char : Tidurian Freenote. Your friendly engineering vixen.
Character i want to Create : "Vuma Twelve"

Are they a fan character of another franchise?:
No. But the idea comes from other Franchises. An inspiration was for example the "Bishop" androids from Alien.

If so, what the hell are they doing here?:
I dont think its too far off that NanoTransen or another institution experiments with the idea of a synth that is undistinguishable from a normal biological being.

How long you've been playing Vorestation:
About 2 months.

What is this character's backstory?:
After years of experimentation the scientists from Vey-Med finaly managed to create finally a way to construct a synth that is completly composed out of biological components.
Hardest part was to create a biological counterpart of the brain cable of housing an artifical mind. Once they achieved such a method, they created a bunch of biologocal synths.
After some short Testing (the responsible heads were very pushy... something about funds and such), they were sent out to other stations to further test the biosynths in a live environment, have them learn Jobs and be productive.
Due to being forced to pay for their own creation (a very clever but dubious thing to do) the biosynths are forced to earn money to pay off the huge debts they have.
The constructed new kind of synths spread around known space. One of them was headed for Virgo Prime, to work at NSB Adephagia....

Some example names of the species:
There are no example names of this species due their constructed nature.

Summarize what you know about the species:
They consist out of Vey-Med Biological components. They will need to recharge trough eating and are not capable to use electricity or charge like other synths.
Since they are build and not a species in nature their look can vary, from resembling a Vulpakin over a Teshari to a simple human being.
They have full control over their body functions. Like disabling their digestional tracks or disabling the reception of pain or other external stimuli.
The other way around is possible too. Increasing the work of their hearts or digestive functions.
This comes at the cost that they are very sensitive to electricity. Taking advanced damage from being set under current. ((Trait conductive))
They are rather tough skinned and capable to resist more burn damage than usual ((Minor Burn Resist))
Usually they come with the ability to understand and speak the encoded audio language.

Any other traits are up to the design the actual biosynth was designed with and can vary depending on what species they are modeled after.
((i would restrict this race to actual easy to reproduce Biologicals. no Prometheans, no Xenochimeras, etc))

Play out the following simulated RP scenario (also feel free to alter this, as it is just an example scenario):
Recruiter: "So, tell me about yourself... what was your name again?"
You: *Shi sits upright hir tail on hir shoulder* "My orginal designation was "Vulpakin Model Alpha-12" but now I go with "Vuma Twelve"." *She keeps sitting straight nearly unmoving as shi waits for the recruiter to speak again"

Recruiter: "Riiiiiiight..." The recruiter scribbles on his notepad, taking down notes. "Tell me about how you came to live on Virgo Prime."
You: "After leaving my construction site i did a little research and heard NanoTransen would pay good if you work on remote places like Virgo."

Recruiter: The recruiter nods, hardly making eye contact as he reads off the standard list of questions. "Do you have any past experience working on NanoTrasen stations?"
You: "No, not for NanoTransen but i lived quite a while on a station runned by Vey-Med"

Recruiter: He nods again, writing down some notes, or perhaps doodling. It's impossible to tell which. "And what do you think you can bring to the company?"
You: "I am a quick learner. No matter where I will be working I will be a constructive and effective part of the workforce."

Recruiter: "Very well. Thank you for your time. We will contact you as soon as there is an opening suited for you." The impatient recruiter finally looks up again and waves the applicant along, ready for the next potential new employee.
You: *Shi stands up without saying a further word and leaves the room to wait for the assigment*

What do you expect them to bring to the station's RP by this character being allowed?:
To be honest i have no idea.
The main idea i had about this char was to have a synthetical being that needs to learn social behavior without going mechanical.
Be able to do silly robot stuff while still being organic.
I love to be soft and squishy and be able to be nicely digested or be hardvored.

Also this is open to discussion.
I dont want to make you guys work just because silly me wants to play that. i can recreate most of this just by playing a custom race and RP it out.
The only thing i would need Admin and or dev help for would be enabling me to speak and hear EAL and add some robot emotes like beeping etc.
Tidurian

Re: Tisurian - BioSynth

Postby PontifexMinimus » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:18 pm

Positronic brains are, by nature, mechanical.

If you want to play a biological, cultured creature, no biggie, but this app implies you want a whole new braintype (MMI, meatbrain, chipboard and posi as we have right now) for something that doesn't mesh with the current synthlore.

Why?
PontifexMinimus

Postby Tidurian » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:51 am

The thing is i want to be Organical.
but also play "Robotic" acting like if i would be scriptet while having a Fully biological body.
making this caracter easier to.... well.. digest.

Yes this implies a new Brain type but i can work around that with just using a Custom race. and roleplaying it out.

i made this a SCA mainly For you guys to decide if such a Backstory (Veymed creating such a biological posibrain) would be logical in the first place
and second to get beeping and EAL from you admins.
Tidurian

Postby Wickedtemp » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:19 pm

If...I'm understanding this correctly, if they're entirely organic in every way... why not just be a synthetic 'resleeved' into a human body? I'd imagine that's effectively possible, you could probably even do it ingame.
Wickedtemp

Postby Tidurian » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:48 pm

This would make me biological not allowing me to understand and speak EAL as well as use the beep emotes etc.
Tidurian

Postby PontifexMinimus » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:55 pm

We have implants for that.
PontifexMinimus

Return to Special Characters