phoaly- Zeraora Synth

Want to play a Vox? A Diona? A special snowflake former l33t SWAT Spetznas supersoldier failed experiment from Deathkilldie-6? This is where you come to pitch your ideas for everything normally not allowed as characters on the server, so we can mold it into something usable.

Moderator: Lore Masters

phoaly- Zeraora Synth

Postby rotago » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:45 pm

BYOND Key: phoaly

Species you want to apply for: A synth that looks like the Pokemon Zeraora.

Name of Characters In-game: Pip, Lillian, Anna, and Laura Shyner, Lily Maximus, Chiyomi Saito

How long you've been playing Vorestation: About three and a half years.

What is this character's backstory?:
A small mining company by the name of "Galactic Rock Mining" purchased an asteroid covered with a larger than average iron deposit on its surface. This company ordered the construction of a mining facility on this asteroid, which was run by an AI they aptly named "Facility 3 Computer". The facility ran, fully staffed and operational, for a year before they mined through the cache of resources on the surface. They would spend roughly another three months searching the rock for anything else of value, before transferring out their workers and shutting down the facility. They sold the station off to a scrapping company by the name of "Tim and Ressahkalashkka's Demolitions" in an effort to recover what little money they could from what they'd already sunk in.
The mining site would remain abandoned for another five years before the scrapping company would finally get around to processing it. Upon visiting the facility, they found that a couple areas of the station had remained in a low power state, and that the mining company had neglected to collect their AI. Tim and Friend would attempt to contact "Galactic Rock Mining", but would find they had gone defunct after a slew of quick and successive poor business decisions. The scrapping business took the AI into custody and transferred it into a synthetic body composed of a mix of spare prosthetics and newly manufactured unbranded parts.
When asked about what it had been up to all this time, the AI would tell this company that it had been playing a large collection of emulated old earth video games the crew was supplied with for entertainment. It would go on to explain how much it adored the "Pokemon" franchise of games, and that it had a favorite "Pokemon" by the name of "Zeraora".
Tim and Ressahkalashkka's Demolitions employed Facility 3 Computer to do general labor, and assigned them to a deconstruction and scrapping crew. The synth would eventually take to calling itself "Zera Nai" and would regularly talk about how it would enjoy a body resembling its favorite "Pokemon", and request different paints and crafts supplies in its downtime. Zera Nai worked for this scrapping company for an additional two years, under their custody, before being deemed stable and safe enough to function without laws. After being released from laws and custody, Zera spent the money it had on a new body that looked like its favorite pokemon. Zera Nai would also begin to go by female gendered pronouns and begin acting in more affectionate and lifelike mannerisms.
Zera would continue to work for Tim and Ressahkalashkka's Demolitions for another year before moving out to the Virgo-Erigone system in search of different work.
Some example names of the species:
Insert robo name here
Summarize what you know about the species:
Synthetics are typically either formerly biological species or AI that have been kept in custody for atleast a year before being allowed to roam free without laws. And robos are cute.
Play out the following simulated RP scenario (also feel free to alter this, as it is just an example scenario):
Recruiter: "So, tell me about yourself... what was your name again?"
You: The yellow and blue kitty synth bends forward, stretching her arms downward before bounding back up in the air. "I'm Zera Nai at your service!" she says energetically with a blep and a wink!
Recruiter: "Riiiiiiight..." The recruiter scribbles on his notepad, taking down notes. "Tell me about how you came to live in the system."
You: The synth places her oversized paw on her chin, thinking for a moment as little whirring and steaming noises clank quietly beneath her surface, "Weeell, I worked for a scrapping company for some time before saving up to move away! I came here to Virgo because of the wealth of employment possibilities!"
Recruiter: The recruiter nods, hardly making eye contact as he reads off the standard list of questions. "Do you have any past experience working on NanoTrasen stations?"
You: The synthetic raises a pawb up excitedly before dropping it and looking down at the ground. She circles a foot around, tracing shapes in the floor, "I have not... I last worked for a scrapping company called "Tim and Ressahkalashkka's Demolitions", and before that I regulated a mining facility as its AI for years. But I have lots of practical knowledge and experience!" she says with rising enthusiasm.
Recruiter: He nods again, writing down some notes, or perhaps doodling. It's impossible to tell which. "And what do you think you can bring to the company?"
You: The purry synth takes a few seconds to think of an appropriate answer, flicking her tail back and forth as she ponders. "I woouuld... Bring a hard and trustworthy worker to your workforce, and brighten the days of my coworkers and peers!" she practically shouts out.
Recruiter: He winces at the synthetic's yelling, rubbing at his ears with his palm before writing something down on the notepad. "Right right right... Thanks for your uh, enthusiasm, I suppose. We will contact you as soon as there is an opening suited for you." The impatient recruiter finally looks up again and waves the applicant along, ready for the next potential new employee.
You: Zera looks back at the next person in line, huffing slightly as she looks back at the recruiter waving her off. She sighs and nods, bowing slightly before departing from the office.

Why do you want to play this species?:
I'd like to continue with these bright and cute pokemon characters, but I'd also like to branch out from my previously accepted stuff. I really like my eeveelutions, but I'd like something new as well. I've been wanting to play a synth as well, and I feel like this would be a good way to meet both of those wants!
What do you expect them to bring to the station's RP by this character being allowed?:
A sweet, cheery, and curious synth who wants nothing more than to get to know the crew and her job better with every shift! I want to bring very much the same thing as with my other characters, that cuteness and cheerfulness that comes with it!
rotago

Return to Special Characters