AmZee - Xenochimeraa

Want to play a Vox? A Diona? A special snowflake former l33t SWAT Spetznas supersoldier failed experiment from Deathkilldie-6? This is where you come to pitch your ideas for everything normally not allowed as characters on the server, so we can mold it into something usable.

Moderator: Lore Masters

AmZee - Xenochimeraa

Postby Yoshkgkg » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:06 pm

BYOND Key:
AmZee
Species you want to apply for:
Xenochimera
Name of Characters In-game: (If applicable)
None recognizable
How long you've been playing Vorestation:
Around 8-10 months, I picked up SS13. I found it as one of the first servers.
What is this character's backstory?:
Frozen and held within a comet, a creature that would soon be known as Xio hit a temple in an off-charts tribal world. Believed to be a gift from the gods, they quickly melted it to assess the contents. Upon finding several precious metals and an odd blob within, they kept the metals and the creature. Feeding it meat, or at least trying to, they eventually dropped a live animal into it, a cow. The creature, though small, quickly began attempting to devour the cow, with little success. Realizing this, they gave it a bird, allowing it to feed successfully. As it grew and gained more traits from the things it fed, it began to be hailed as an incarnation of their God, known as Xio. Being called this, the Xenochimera decided that it would be its name. Eventually, a group of NanoTrasen soldiers that had recieved reports of their crew landing on this planet and dissapearing massacred the sapients, except for the chimera they kept to study. After teaching it Common and observing other successful Xenochimera, they decided to move it to Virgo to try for an application.
Some example names of the species:
Skrah, Chance, Scree, Kaa
Summarize what you know about the species:
A primarily carnivorous, rapidly evolving species of unknown origin. It is introduced to environments after being carried into them somehow as a clump of cells. It feeds on the creatures around it and mutates accordingly, eventually becoming a sapient organism with various traits. They're able to go a "hibernation" where they can revive from death or heal themselves completely at the cost of nutrients.
Play out the following simulated RP scenario (also feel free to alter this, as it is just an example scenario):
Recruiter: "So, tell me about yourself... what was your name again?"
You: "Am Xio."
Recruiter: "Riiiiiiight..." The recruiter scribbles on his notepad, taking down notes. "Tell me about how you came to live on Virgo Prime."
You: "Xio was captured by armored men, then brought here after teaching this language."
Recruiter: The recruiter nods, hardly making eye contact as he reads off the standard list of questions. "Do you have any past experience working on NanoTrasen stations?"
You: "No, but Xio can hunt and command."
Recruiter: He nods again, writing down some notes, or perhaps doodling. It's impossible to tell which. "And what do you think you can bring to the company?"
You: "Xio could hunt down criminals, maybe."
Recruiter: "Very well. Thank you for your time. We will contact you as soon as there is an opening suited for you." The impatient recruiter finally looks up again and waves the applicant along, ready for the next potential new employee.
You: "Xio will be back eventually, maybe. Xio not know."

Why do you want to play this species?:
Drastically different character concepts have always been a favorite of mine, and Xenochimeras are no exception. Things like Changelings, Hivemind hosts, and other such possibilities are always fun to play, so I thought if I could be guaranteed something like that every round, it'd be great. The race is that in a single package.
What do you expect them to bring to the station's RP by this character being allowed?:
Old habits from the days of worship and luxury would definitely be something to shine through every now and then, leading into laughable moments. Although, being treated to having no rules, Xio will likely take the rules that are in place lightly, and eat a few people at least. The amount of Xenochimera on the station is low, as well.
Yoshkgkg

Re: AmZee - Xenochimeraa

Postby Scree » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:22 pm

Hmmmm. There's a couple of lil' things with the backstory there. For one, it wouldn't exactly be a fully formed creature inside the rock (and if they outright smelted it, then... well, xenochimera are resilient but not survive-being-put-through-a-furnace tough) - but finding a star-rock that had a critter nearby or assimilated some local wildlife and grew into a thing, and being superstitious as hell, sure.

However, Nanotrasen in our setting aren't the saturday morning villains they are on some more tongue-in-cheek servers, I doubt they'd get away with (or even attempt to) genocide an uncontacted tribal society. It'd be a public relations nightmare for a start.
Scree

Return to Special Characters