Allweek - Game Master Application

"When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy."
― Dave Barry, "Things That It Took Me 50 Years to Learn"
Forum rules
Don't even bother applying if you've not played here for at least a month. You will be ignored, and will probably be denied in the future for looking like a power hungry twat.

Allweek - Game Master Application

Postby allweek » Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:40 pm

BYOND Key:Allweek
Discord ID:Allweek
How old are you?:30
When you are most active? My off days are typically Monday-Thursday anytime from noon to 6am EST
Roughly how much time do you dedicate to the server each week? probably 6-20 hours a weekish. My moods come and go but I've been fairly active these last several months
Names of notable characters you play in Vorestation: Violet, Sasha Longtail, Fifi that magnificent, Naunet Mostafa, Rachel Lovewright, Cindy Mallow, Mirana Star Zephyr
How long have you been playing Space Station 13?: about 3 years with breaks in between.
How long have you been playing Vorestation?: about a year
Explain what most interests you about being staff: Being able to better improve the enjoyment for folks on the station. Creating interesting scenarios and setups for good lewd roleplay
Explain what you think you will least enjoy about being staff: Dealing with sensitive issues such as griefers or drama between players
Describe what role-playing means to you: Roleplaying is about escaping reality and enjoying the impossible. It's about experiencing life in other people's shoes and making enjoyable situations for yourself and other like-minded players.
Define what a "Problem Player" is in your own words: A problem player is someone who only thinks for themselves and doesn't think about the persons on the other side of the screen. They aren't inherently looking to create trouble, but do so unwittingly. They can become better.
Define a "Toxic Player" in your own words: A toxic player is someone who is much like a problem player, but does so willingly and knowingly. They often times cannot be improved and will only cause strife and further drama. They must be dealt with carefully otherwise it will impede on other players and their enjoyment of the station.
Define "Admin Abuse" in your own words: Admin abuse is using your abilities or even just your title to create unsavory situations or cause grief to anyone else.
In your opinion, what the biggest problem with the server right now?: I think the server has been pretty nice for now. It could use a little more spice here and there. Events haven't been happening too often.
How would you have it resolved?: As Game Master I would be looking to create fun and interesting scenarios for folks to take part in.
Consider the following questions, and answer in your own words:

• What kinds of events are you most interested in running in general? I'd like to create various group interactions that can help provoke and facilitate lewds and vore. Things like various sorts of game nights, hide and seek, lewd invasions that only involve those interested. Would love to see more non-con and dangerous events among like-minded players
  • Describe a larger event you would like to run. One event that immediately jumps to mind is a big dorky circus that could have various games and prizes. It could be out of the way (like on v4?) to avoid impacting players that aren't interested but anyone interested could enjoy vorny and lewd comradery
  • How might you go about selecting volunteers for your event? It'd be open to anyone who has an interest. An announcement on the discord and possibly fliers spread out in the large traffic areas like the bar and medical.
  • Consider your event, what kinds of problems do you think you might run into, both in running the event and from the players during the event? Lots of players can make it hard to facilitate everyone's needs. I would do my best to make as many people happy and have fun as possible. I'd also expect people to use these sorts of events as excuses and layouts to create their own fun!
  • How would you handle those problems? I would get better over time the more experience I get with the system. I'm already used to running for big groups through DnD but there are always places to learn and grow.

Moving on from talking about your event specifically…
  • You noticed that the exploration team has made their way to virgo four, how might you spice up their time there? It could be fun to create a friendly NPC to ask for help, give them objectives, or a common enemy to fight if they were feeling gamer. Or if they were preyish players it could be super fun to make a Bounty hunter that decided they'd be worth a pretty penny but then ended up more valuable in the pantry.
  • You noticed that a miner or an explorer has run into some trouble out and away from the station, do you help them? How, if so? If they Ahelp and are completely hopeless without any means of aid then I would be compelled to help them out a bit. At least enough to get them off their sides. Though if they have ample help and crew to come to save them I'd leave it to the other players to solve it.
  • You noticed that four people who look like they might be trouble have appeared on the station. Their flavor text and ooc notes perhaps leave something to be desired and they are obviously working together. But they don’t seem to be hostile, they seem to have some kind of silly gimmick going. A concerned ahelp has come in about it. What do you do? If they haven't done anything wrong I would never assume they are bad. I always like to approach people thinking they aren't here for malicious purposes. Being new can make things difficult and they could all just be friends trying out virgo for the first time. I would be monitoring them and looking to help them along if they needed it, but would not assume the worst of people right away.
  • Someone is vocally upset about how things have played out during an event that you were involved with, what do you do? I would get with them and use their concerns as a learning experience. Feedback is one of the best ways to learn how to improve. If I can address their concerns and do better next time then I've done well for them.
  • Someone is being verbally abusive and disruptive in general. How would you handle this?
If it's causing other players grief I would probably give them a bonk letting them know they are causing trouble and they should be more cognisant of their fellow peers. As a Game Master I wouldn't be looking to inflict punishments or do anything major without approval from admins. Not unless they were blatantly and purely griefing without shame.

What prior admin/moderator/management experience do you possess, if any?: I've run my own discord with 60 users for about 4 years. Though it's mostly just my own friends I've had my fair share of disputes and arguments amongst ourselves that I've needed to mediate in a way that made everyone happy.

Finally, what unique aspects of yourself can you bring to the staff? What can you bring to the team that is, in your opinion, needed?: I've been roleplaying for over a decade now, so I've got lots of experience in this realm of horny and vorny. I would hope to be able to use all that to make many enjoyable shifts for all the players.
allweek

Re: Allweek - Game Master Application

Postby Kenzie » Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:38 pm

This application is fine enough, I do sort of seem to remember you getting super salty about some events in the past or something like that ALTHOUGH I FULLY ADMIT I may be misremembering the situation because I don't really know you that well and may have mixed you up with someone else. SO that just comes to mind and makes me a little leery, even though like I said the application seems okay.
Kenzie

Postby allweek » Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:24 pm

Kenzie wrote:This application is fine enough, I do sort of seem to remember you getting super salty about some events in the past or something like that ALTHOUGH I FULLY ADMIT I may be misremembering the situation because I don't really know you that well and may have mixed you up with someone else. SO that just comes to mind and makes me a little leery, even though like I said the application seems okay.

I got involved in a lot of drama for one spur-of-the-moment late-night event, but at the end of the day everything was resolved and there are no lasting hard feelings over it. Appreciate the post!
allweek

Postby Kenzie » Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:33 pm

Alright I think I remember now, I probably support then because if it's the event I was thinking of it was kinda a shitshow.
Kenzie

Postby lira » Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:04 pm

allweek wrote:
Kenzie wrote:This application is fine enough, I do sort of seem to remember you getting super salty about some events in the past or something like that ALTHOUGH I FULLY ADMIT I may be misremembering the situation because I don't really know you that well and may have mixed you up with someone else. SO that just comes to mind and makes me a little leery, even though like I said the application seems okay.

I got involved in a lot of drama for one spur-of-the-moment late-night event, but at the end of the day everything was resolved and there are no lasting hard feelings over it. Appreciate the post!

I think it's a bit of a stretch to say everything was resolved and there are no lasting hard feelings over it. You spent hours berating me and others involved in said event over the Discord, and only finally toned down when someone quit the server over it. I still don't feel comfortable around you.
lira

Postby allweek » Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:36 pm

lira wrote:
allweek wrote:

I think it's a bit of a stretch to say everything was resolved and there are no lasting hard feelings over it. You spent hours berating me and others involved in said event over the Discord, and only finally toned down when someone quit the server over it. I still don't feel comfortable around you.

If you mean Verysoft well obviously they've rejoined and I hold no grudge against them and I certainly don't feel they hold any towards me. I mean I stand by how I feel about that "event" on an HRP server but that's hardly here nor there. I've not had any situations like that in the other hundreds of hours I've put into Virgo. Not sure what I can do to make you feel better around me. I have no intentions of holding any grudges or treating you differently than any other player. Sorry for coming off as a jerk that night, but honestly as Kenzie said that whole night was a real shitshow. That was over 7 months ago, but if you still want to talk about it my dms are always open.
allweek

Postby lira » Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:11 pm

allweek wrote:
lira wrote:
allweek wrote:

If you mean Verysoft well obviously they've rejoined and I hold no grudge against them and I certainly don't feel they hold any towards me. I mean I stand by how I feel about that "event" on an HRP server but that's hardly here nor there. I've not had any situations like that in the other hundreds of hours I've put into Virgo. Not sure what I can do to make you feel better around me. I have no intentions of holding any grudges or treating you differently than any other player. Sorry for coming off as a jerk that night, but honestly as Kenzie said that whole night was a real shitshow. That was over 7 months ago, but if you still want to talk about it my dms are always open.

You took a 15 minute end of round meme event and spent 20 minutes complaining about it in OOC. When people in OOC were unresponsive to the complaining and eventually asked you to take it elsewhere, you moved to the Discord and continued to complain, to the point you were still complaining about it the next day. Beyond complaining about the event, you told me to 'fuck myself' for causing your character to die, accused me of favoritism, and accused me of griefing. Keep in mind, this wasn't one comment, this was many comments over many hours. You didn't 'come off' as a jerk, you lost your temper and were a huge jerk. If you can't recognize that all these months later, then I don't think you have the right temperament to be staff and will voice strong no support.
lira

Postby allweek » Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:36 pm

lira wrote:
allweek wrote:
lira wrote:
allweek wrote:

You took a 15 minute end of round meme event and spent 20 minutes complaining about it in OOC. When people in OOC were unresponsive to the complaining and eventually asked you to take it elsewhere, you moved to the Discord and continued to complain, to the point you were still complaining about it the next day. Beyond complaining about the event, you told me to 'fuck myself' for causing your character to die, accused me of favoritism, and accused me of griefing. Keep in mind, this wasn't one comment, this was many comments over many hours. You didn't 'come off' as a jerk, you lost your temper and were a huge jerk. If you can't recognize that all these months later, then I don't think you have the right temperament to be staff and will voice strong no support.

It was over a full hour of chasing around a "HRP" character breaking into the armory and selling guns to random people all over station I was the only sec on station and worst of all I was warden, who is entirely responsible for the weapons. I don't know how someone self antagging into the armory and then sucicide bombing themselves and killing another person isn't by definition griefing. The ONLY reason it wasn't textbook griefing is because it was admin sanctioned. I also remember that almost everyone agreed with me on that point. I also think it's pretty insane to be holding some sort of 7 month long meta grudge over this. I was under the assumption that as warden I had to deal with this as it was my job. Thankfully I've learned it's not exactly run this way here and next time some sort of thing like this happens I can gleefully ignore it. Like you didn't just interrupt my scene, you made a headache for all of command and got inbetween several other folks trying to have fun.If anyone needs to recognize things months later it's you in my opinion. I honestly have no idea how you can think you were in the right in that scenario at all, But I am well and beyond that. Again this was November of 2021 and I've moved passed it.
allweek

Postby lira » Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:58 pm

allweek wrote:
lira wrote:
allweek wrote:
lira wrote:
allweek wrote:

It was over a full hour of chasing around a "HRP" character breaking into the armory and selling guns to random people all over station I was the only sec on station and worst of all I was warden, who is entirely responsible for the weapons. I don't know how someone self antagging into the armory and then sucicide bombing themselves and killing another person isn't by definition griefing. The ONLY reason it wasn't textbook griefing is because it was admin sanctioned. I also remember that almost everyone agreed with me on that point. I also think it's pretty insane to be holding some sort of 7 month long meta grudge over this. I was under the assumption that as warden I had to deal with this as it was my job. Thankfully I've learned it's not exactly run this way here and next time some sort of thing like this happens I can gleefully ignore it. Like you didn't just interrupt my scene, you made a headache for all of command and got inbetween several other folks trying to have fun.If anyone needs to recognize things months later it's you in my opinion. I honestly have no idea how you can think you were in the right in that scenario at all, But I am well and beyond that. Again this was November of 2021 and I've moved passed it.

Right off the bat I and others involved recognized it wasn't the best event. The most disruptive part of the event (the explosion) was an accident due to me not understanding the mechanics around that, which I pretty openly and immediately apologized for. I think the beginning of the event was fine, and wish you had ahelped or LOOC'd if you had concerns. People are going to disagree on which things are fun and which are not. Looking back at the logs, most people who were there didn't comment in OOC when it was discussed, and those that did were roughly evenly split on whether it was good or bad. But we can have a conversation on that, people can provide feedback, and the things that cause issues can be improved upon.

The issue isn't the event: the issue is your attitude after the event and even now. It's not a meta grudge to be wary of someone who's spent hours verbally harassing you and has never apologized. I certainly don't think it's insane. The fact that you think its okay to treat people like that is the real problem. I'm going to leave it here for others to opine. I was trying to keep an open mind with my initial response, but I wouldn't be comfortable at all with you having any type of staff involvement over me.
lira

Postby allweek » Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:13 pm

lira wrote:
allweek wrote:
lira wrote:
allweek wrote:
lira wrote:
allweek wrote:

Right off the bat I and others involved recognized it wasn't the best event. The most disruptive part of the event (the explosion) was an accident due to me not understanding the mechanics around that, which I pretty openly and immediately apologized for. I think the beginning of the event was fine, and wish you had ahelped or LOOC'd if you had concerns. People are going to disagree on which things are fun and which are not. Looking back at the logs, most people who were there didn't comment in OOC when it was discussed, and those that did were roughly evenly split on whether it was good or bad. But we can have a conversation on that, people can provide feedback, and the things that cause issues can be improved upon.

The issue isn't the event: the issue is your attitude after the event and even now. It's not a meta grudge to be wary of someone who's spent hours verbally harassing you and has never apologized. I certainly don't think it's insane. The fact that you think its okay to treat people like that is the real problem. I'm going to leave it here for others to opine. I was trying to keep an open mind with my initial response, but I wouldn't be comfortable at all with you having any type of staff involvement over me.

To be fair I dId ahelp because I thought it was an actual literal griefer, but I got no real feedback on it. I remember thinking "I told you so!" when the explosion happened. It was really really surprising to find out that it was actually planned out to go that way. I wasn't trying to harass anyone I was just upset at the event. It was a learning process though and nothing has happened like that since. If you're inferring that I would use game master as a means to abuse or bully you it's just not at all me. If it's your preference to have no involvement with me then I will appease that. If you want to be involved in anything I'm doing you're more than welcome too. I'm sorry for making you feel uneasy after the fact. I don't come here to cause people mental anguish. I don't come here to do any of what happened after I stopped my scene.
allweek

Next

Return to Staff Applications