GooglyFox's Admin Application

"When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy."
― Dave Barry, "Things That It Took Me 50 Years to Learn"
Forum rules
Don't even bother applying if you've not played here for at least a month. You will be ignored, and will probably be denied in the future for looking like a power hungry twat.

GooglyFox's Admin Application

Postby Red_Fox » Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:02 pm

BYOND Key: GooglyFox.
Discord ID: Dutchy#4523
How old are you?: 19.
When you are most active? (including timezone): Around weekends, and sometimes during 1-2 in the morning, PST.
Roughly how much time do you dedicate to the server each week?: About a few hours.
Names of notable characters you play in Vorestation: Kimmethy, Wheatley, (Something) Rurus.
How long have you been playing Space Station 13?: About a year, or two.
How long have you been playing Vorestation?: 4-5 months.
Explain what most interests you about being staff: The chances to help, and assist lost, and or unhappy players. As well as sometimes making fun events, or something to make it a litte more interesting for bored players if I can.
Explain what you think you will least enjoy about being staff: Sometimes I am easily irritated, or sometimes merciful. So I will most likely do stupid things at times, and lack the strictness to do something to another. But of course I can always learn how to now do such, and such.
Describe what role-playing means to you: Roleplaying means someone taking a role of a character in something, and acting out as what the said character would act. Such as a play of sorts.
Define what a "Problem Player" is in your own words: A problem player probably means someone who causes problems, or would act out weirdly towards the other players. Such as making a problem for them, and making Roleplay hard. Or it is someone who has a problem with someone else, or some sort of problem that lets them get a sort of title amongst staff..
Define a "Toxic Player" in your own words: A Toxic Player would mean someone who is mildly aggressive, or rude towards something, or someone, after the other person has done something to tick off the said player.
Define "Admin Abuse" in your own words: Admin Abuse is something that a player of high authority, with commands would abuse their power, such as kicking someone for no reason, or banning someone for just disarming them.
In your opinion, what the biggest problem with the server right now?: I don't really see any problems with it, it is a fine server if you ask me. I'm not just saying that, but I don't see too much of a problem.
How would you have it resolved?: I would resolve a problem with the server, by suggesting it to be fixed, if it is highly suggested, I would probably also join in, and try to get it done.

Go through the following scenarios and state how you would deal with it...
  • An adminhelp comes in claiming an individual is griefing.
    How I'd handle it: Claim the ticket, and ask who is griefing, then watch the griefer for a little, while asking for the reporting player's story, and then go to the said individual for their side of the story, before finally making a conclusion based on it, just a warning if it was true, but keep an eye on them for any more griefing.
  • A player is upset about a scenario, but they are clearly in the wrong.
    How I'd handle it: Try to ask them OOC'ly to just let it go, before it turns into a more of a problem for staff, or any other nearby innocent players.
  • When interviewing several individuals, one is lying but you cannot tell who it is.
    How I'd handle it: Let it slide for now, because there's nothing to do about anyone who lies, and you don't know about who is. I'd probably keep an eye on a few of them that didn't sound too "right".
  • After interviewing several individuals, you have a pretty good idea of who is lying, but still lack concrete, infallible proof. Despite your best efforts, some details remain ambiguous. What now?
    How I'd handle it: I would let it go, once more. But just let it slide this time with an additional warning, I am not entirely sure, but that's all I can think of for now.
  • An individual is playing a character who has sparked several adminhelps regarding said individual, but they are not in any clear violation of the rules.
    How I'd handle it: Try to ask the individual who has reported another player to politely stop reporting the reported player, because they have not done anything wrong, and ask them to just let it go, and try to continue roleplaying.
  • Multiple character deaths have occurred and you are attempting to investigate. One player exhibits poor role-playing skills combined with insulting all those involved, another rushed after trouble started and only used lethal force, and a third went on and attacked several other individuals after the first fight was finished.
    How I'd handle it: I'd ask the one who doesn't roleplay very well to please be more polite, and friendly with fellow players, and punish the one who has used lethal force, as that is not required when needing to tone down a fight. As well as severely warning the last player who attacked more, to not go offensive mode on anyone else again.

What prior admin/moderator/management experience do you possess, if any?: I don't have many that are of good note.

Finally, what unique aspects of yourself can you bring to the staff? What can you bring to the team that is, in your opinion, needed?: Friendliness, Obedience, and Adaptability towards information given to me, I might make a few mistakes at first, but I am willing to try my best towards the Staff Team.
Red_Fox

Re: GooglyFox's Admin Application

Postby Kenzie » Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:22 pm

Yea I absolutely do not support this under any circumstances, administrative interactions I've had or seen involving you in the past few months indicate to me that you are immature at best and malicious at worst. Moreover, you barely play. You've only been on the server for four months and during two of those months you didn't play even a single time.
Kenzie

Postby biggs » Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:49 pm

Gonna have to agree with Kenzie here, I've not seen anything to show me you'd be a good fit, and you've not been around here very long at all nor very active in that time. Definitely do not support.
biggs

Postby Demicus_Maximus » Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:45 am

No. While your recent history has calmed down, I cannot support your application at this time.
Demicus_Maximus

Postby Scree » Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:26 am

I just had to look at your most recent note to get a bad feeling about this. No support at this time.
Scree

Return to Staff Applications