Rykka_Stormheart - Developer/Maintainer Application V2

"When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy."
― Dave Barry, "Things That It Took Me 50 Years to Learn"
Forum rules
Don't even bother applying if you've not played here for at least a month. You will be ignored, and will probably be denied in the future for looking like a power hungry twat.

Re: Rykka_Stormheart - Developer/Maintainer Application V2

Postby nerdass » Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:38 am

Thou'rt good bean. Support.
nerdass

Postby Heroman3003 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:44 pm

Good coding advancements, lots of time on hands and constant passion. What else do you need to be a developer? Nothing, really.

However, I do believe that to be maintainer/staff member, good amount of patience and at least some detachment from personal opinionatedness is important and that I still barely see. I still see someone who is extremely set in stone about "way they think things should be done", are seldom budging in that, and often actively pushing it onto those that disagree, while still having first instinctual reaction to criticism be not analytical, but outwardly defensive. And while I acknowledge the passion and development skills, I don't think it matters at all for being a staff member. Its quite hypocritical of me to say that, I won't deny, but that's my personal thoughts on the app. Contributing to server is always welcome, but representing it is not the same.

No support.
Heroman3003

Postby Kenzie » Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:22 pm

i think you are a great coder and by all means an asset to the community. that said i think you are a little too set in your own vision and you don't play on the server as often as i would like. that said i think you do fantastic work as a developer, but i would not want to see you as a maintainer.

do not support
Kenzie

Postby Rykka_Stormheart » Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:05 am

Kenzie wrote:i think you are a great coder and by all means an asset to the community. that said i think you are a little too set in your own vision and you don't play on the server as often as i would like. that said i think you do fantastic work as a developer, but i would not want to see you as a maintainer.

do not support

When you refer to being 'too set in your own vision', what exactly do you mean by that?

If it's something I'm doing incorrectly, I'd like to correct it, or know what I could be doing better.
Rykka_Stormheart

Previous

Return to Staff Applications