[jertheace]JuliaRose-Bullshit ban

Moderator: Game Admins

[jertheace]JuliaRose-Bullshit ban

Postby Jowjack » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:10 am

Byond account and character name:Julia Rose
Banning admin:JerTheAce
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Server ban
Ban reason:Being antagonistic, having too many run-ins with security including pushing the HoS into a substation and zapping them According to the system message.
Ban length*:Permanent
Approximate time ban was placed (including time zone):wed 3 March, 2016 around 7pm GMT +1
Your side of the story: Only had one run-in with security where I was locked up, and I didn't push the HoS into a substation and Zap them as I had no weapons to do so, to be honest I'm not sure what happened I just assumed he Zapped himself by accident and I didn't push him in I pushed him back out, check the chat logs it should be there somewhere as to what zapped him [And if it was me I'd like to see a screen shot of the logs to see how that happened]. As for the antagonist behavior that was the RP of being a pirate.

Why you think you should be unbanned: A permanent ban is a bit much for going around stealing a few misc items like a premium cigar , sunglasses etc as well as the fact that I couldn't have zapped the HoS as I had no weapon, and I only had one run in with security before that incident for stealing the misc items which was part of my IC RP as a pirate. Furthermore not one person complained OOC to me over comms or via PM so I assumed everyone was alright with it.
Jowjack

Re: [jertheace]JuliaRose-Bullshit ban

Postby Dhaeleena » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:25 am

Well i dont really know what triggered the ban but i was the HoS and i didnt complained with anyone about the struggle in the substation that left me in crit. I really dont know over what action was the ban triggered, as far as i was aware they were only doing silly things and committing minor crimes, stealing things from people and 'breaking' machines, if something else more severe happened while i was in the cryotube i really dont know. I was one of the involved and in my personal opinion all this situation could have been talked out without a ban, but again im sure there is some info and things im missing. Anyways, the shocking was part of the struggle between them pushing out, me pushing in and me clicking them as far as other clashes with security i only remember her stealing the detective's hat.

Edit: Putting Bullshit ban on the title might be a bit rude and you should change that.
Dhaeleena

Postby Scree » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:20 am

If this was that substation for Civilian East I'm going to have to start adding "change the doors into engineering access like every other substation instead of maintenance access" to my round-start engineering setup.
Scree

Postby Dhaeleena » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:08 am

Scree wrote:If this was that substation for Civilian East I'm going to have to start adding "change the doors into engineering access like every other substation instead of maintenance access" to my round-start engineering setup.

Nah nah, dont worry scree, it was the substation right to the Detective's office, they just broke in nothing else, no civilian acces dont worry.
Dhaeleena

Postby antsnap2 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:43 pm

I support you getting unbanned, but there could be missing information here. Sorry you had a bad time.
Antsy Coder. Characters: Muffy (drider), Jaslene (naga), Susan (slime), Miki (oni), Alythess (Demon)
antsnap2

Postby a bunch of moths in a swat suit » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:15 pm

Jowjack wrote: As for the antagonist behavior that was the RP of being a pirate.

There are rules very specifically against playing these kinds of characters without permission, self-antagging is a bit of a problem and it sounds like you did just that.
a bunch of moths in a swat suit

Postby JoanRisu » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:07 am

Self-appointing yourself as antag without an admin approval is pretty stupid and frowned upon. It is quite possible people involved thought you were a sanctioned antagonist which is why no one thought to check with the admin team.

Now, the excuse "It is what my character would do" is not a justifiable defense when getting into trouble with the admin staff. In fact, it is listed in section 15 of the rules that the excuse is not viable. So hypothetically, even if Centcom was alright with taking on a pirate initially, if you're being a belligerently antagonistic character they are going to see liability and fire you pretty quickly because they don't see any return in that investment in humanoid resources.

That said, should this appeal be approved I would probably suggest taking another look at your character and your approach at their personality.

Also, the topic subject "Bullshit Ban." I strongly suggest you do some damage control with that very soon. Because titles are your first impression to the person you are writing to.
JoanRisu

Postby Jowjack » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:03 am

The word antagonistic in my opinion is being used pretty loosely here, now my definition of an antagonist is someone who does actions that are purposefully malicious and unkind. Now was I unkind when talking to others and with a few thefts yes but was I malicious? In my opinion I don't think I was, at no point did I take actions that intentionally harmed others and had anyone told me different occ I would have adjusted my behavior All I was doing was stealing a few items and running away from security and being a general nuisance which is perfectly fine according to section 15 of the rules, to quote "Crimes on the workplace are very believable and common in real life; especially stealing. If you get caught though, you're going to get in trouble. So don't get caught! Or at least put good effort into not getting caught. ".
Also on the hacked vending machines I only hacked two, the rest were hacked by another character named Felix at least I think that was his name [He also spent time in lockup around the same time as me]

Now did I know I needed special permission to RP as a pirate from an admin? no I'll give you that, but given the fact that Pirate, clown, wizard costumes are lying around the place I thought it was so people could break the normal form of RP and add a little fun. Besides even if I am wrong I still think a Perm ban is a bit much, I mean if everyone who does something wrong gets a perm ban eventually there will be nobody left to RP on the server.
Jowjack

Postby Aces » Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:58 am

JoanRisu wrote:Also, the topic subject "Bullshit Ban." I strongly suggest you do some damage control with that very soon. Because titles are your first impression to the person you are writing to.

I'm not really bothered by this. First personal policy of ban appeals is don't let emotional words cloud the point of the appeal, which is to analyze if the person sees why they got banned--or if the admin sees they screwed up. Aside from the title, which is explicitly used in an example in my ban appeals formatting, the rest is fine.

Jowjack wrote:Now did I know I needed special permission to RP as a pirate from an admin? no I'll give you that, but given the fact that Pirate, clown, wizard costumes are lying around the place I thought it was so people could break the normal form of RP and add a little fun. Besides even if I am wrong I still think a Perm ban is a bit much, I mean if everyone who does something wrong gets a perm ban eventually there will be nobody left to RP on the server.

You understand what went wrong, and you're right about the permaban bit being too much. Its goal wasn't really to be permanent though. Just grab your attention and prompt an appeal.

Jowjack wrote:Ban reason:Being antagonistic, having too many run-ins with security including pushing the HoS into a substation and zapping them

If this is what I wrote, then either we've had run-ins with you before as admins, or there's been a mistake in communication and we have you mixed up with someone else. I am under the impression it's the former, but if it's the latter, I'll know that next time you log in and I check playernotes.

Because appeal approved.

Also here was the exact ban reason listed.

(Reason: Antagonistic character who too frequently has run-ins with security, including pushing the HoS into the substation and zapping them. If these actions were IC, appeal the ban and explain the reason, and if it's a good one, I'll lift the ban immediately.)
Aces

Return to Approved