[romancolgate] drfarson - AFK In Cryo

Moderator: Game Admins

[romancolgate] drfarson - AFK In Cryo

Postby DrFarson » Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:11 am

Byond account and character name: drfarson
Discord ID (if applicable): CLaRA_OS
Banning admin: romancolgate
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Both Server and Discord
Ban reason given: Went AFK IN cryo, apparently used a script to prevent from going AFK for over an hour as CMO
Ban length: Permanent
Approximate date that the ban was placed (including time zone): 2023-12-14
Your side of the story: I use windows 11, and have never used a script to not go AFK. I genuniely thought my client would disconnect fast enough after I went AFK, and that I would be cryo'd. I have no idea what happened, or why it happened, and I was so tired I forgot to ghost. I have no idea what script is being talked about, nor do I use one. I'm so confused.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I don't know what happened here, it might have been some form of bug, but I dind't juse a script, nor did I use anything to prevent me from going AFK. I genuinely thought cryo would automatically remove me from the round.
DrFarson

Re: [romancolgate] drfarson - AFK In Cryo

Postby DrFarson » Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:14 am

It's worth noting that I entered cryo and immediately went to sleep in my bedroom.
DrFarson

Re: [romancolgate] drfarson - AFK In Cryo

Postby RomanaTColgate » Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:43 am

I have been informed since by another admin that this appears to be a bug that has seemingly happened before to others. To explain my reasoning though, I had vigilantly watched your inactivity timer and it went down to zero periodically, making me think you were either manually tapping something at your computer or an automated program was doing such to keep you in-round. Since this could be a TGUI issue, I'll approve this and lift your ban shortly. Please in the future actually close your client after cryoing before passing out, or take the extra step to ghost.
RomanaTColgate

Return to Approved