[lm40] diablo2paladinscepter - Inappropriate language

Moderator: Game Admins

[lm40] diablo2paladinscepter - Inappropriate language

Postby diablo2paladinscepter » Thu Aug 10, 2023 11:59 am

Byond account and character name: diablo2paladinscepter, been too long to remember the character name
Discord ID (if applicable): n/a
Banning admin: lm40
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Server ban
Ban reason given:
banreason.PNG
banreason.PNG (163.62 KiB) Viewed 807 times

Ban length: Permanent
Approximate date that the ban was placed (including time zone): 2022-03-07
Your side of the story: Honestly I feel like a huge clown for doing this. If I remember right, I was playing a chef who put out a spread of food and refreshments, and had a glass Pitcher out full of water or maybe some other drink to go with it. I think my character was already having a personality clash with the bartender, and at some point they took the pitcher and accused me of stealing it from their bar, at which point, in OOC bewilderment, I snapped back something like "N(inja) what?". I fully realize that this is immature and unacceptable behavior, even at the time I instantly regretted it; I don't even know what possessed me to think it would make sense for my character to say something like that. When I read the rules it said something about this being grounds for an ID check to assure the player is not underage, so if this is wanted I can provide my ID.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I have no plans to use edgy language like this in the future, have never done so in the past besides this incident, I kind of miss RPing here, and I think I should make it abundantly clear that i'm very embarassed to have done this thing that's in poor taste. Along with this appeal I would like to apologize.
diablo2paladinscepter

Re: [lm40] diablo2paladinscepter - Inappropriate language

Postby Kenzie » Thu Aug 10, 2023 5:45 pm

You played on this server maybe six hours at absolute most, you sincerely miss RPing here from that?
Kenzie

Postby diablo2paladinscepter » Fri Aug 11, 2023 1:54 am

Yes, I have more playtime under a different ckey (pimientopyro), playing on this one was probably on accident as that one is usually the one I play on ERP servers with and this one is the one I play on non-ERP servers with (I hope this does not break the multi-keying rule, I don't play them both at the same time. Ah maybe I should have included this in the ban appeal in the first place, hindsight as they say is 20/20)
diablo2paladinscepter

Postby Kenzie » Fri Aug 11, 2023 5:31 pm

diablo2paladinscepter wrote:Yes, I have more playtime under a different ckey (pimientopyro), playing on this one was probably on accident as that one is usually the one I play on ERP servers with and this one is the one I play on non-ERP servers with (I hope this does not break the multi-keying rule, I don't play them both at the same time. Ah maybe I should have included this in the ban appeal in the first place, hindsight as they say is 20/20)

While it is not a violation of any specific rule, it does generally look suspicious if you are jumping between ckeys without telling anyone because that sometimes can look like an attempt to avoid admin history. As it stands, you 'lucked out' in that since you were promptly permabanned, so it is more or less impossible to suspect you of that here. Though in the future if you seek to change again, it would probably be best to mention it.

Anyway, you weren't really playing great that round even besides the slur, so if I lift this I sure hope not to see any more of that.
Kenzie

Postby diablo2paladinscepter » Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:48 pm

You got it, I also promise to be less conflict causing in the future. I don't think I can pull off a rude character in a way that's satisfying for all parties anyway and to my understanding it's actually also against the rules, so no more of it will come from me
diablo2paladinscepter

Postby Kenzie » Sat Aug 12, 2023 10:04 am

Okay I unbanned you.
Kenzie

Return to Approved