Moderator: Game Admins

[Im40] RileyIsHere - SSD against prefs

Postby RileyIsHere » Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:31 am

Byond account and character name:
RileyIsHere (the**********@g****.com)
Discord ID (if applicable):
N/A
Banning admin:
Im40 (lm40? Byond font isn't entirely clear.)
Ban type (What are you banned from?): EG; Job banned from HoP, banned from the whole server, banned off Discord, etc.
Banned from the whole server.
Ban reason given:
"Ate someone who was SSD against prefs-"
(Full text of ban message)
[+]
Banned by Host: Reason: You, or another user of this computer or connection (rileyishere) is banned from playing here. The ban reason is: Ate someone who was SSD against prefs, appeal with an explanation on the fourms if you want to [be] unbanned because this is not okay. This ban was applied by lm40 on 2023-01-05 20:44:59,

photo_2023-01-22_21-39-08.jpg
Screenshot of ban message.
photo_2023-01-22_21-39-08.jpg (32.57 KiB) Viewed 844 times

Ban length:
Not sure, but assuming from the verbiage of the message, permanently?
Approximate date that the ban was placed (including time zone):
Judging by the message, 8:44 PM in the server's time zone (Assuming that is how Byond client messages work? Mine is PST), on 05 JAN 2023.
Your side of the story:
If I recall this was from my second time or-so on the server and I was still floundering about attempting to put what I had read on the wiki together with the interface of the Byond Engine/Game. Honestly don't remember... why I thought it would be a good idea to try and eat someone who was disconnected, critical noob brain train of thought? It's literally right there at the top of the rules page I'm fairly certain I had read, but clearly didn't process all the way in the overload of info I had open. Regardless of that, it's just a dick move in the first place and I can clearly see why I would be upset if my preferences were violated, as would someone be upset if I-to-theirs.
Why you think you should be unbanned:
Looking at it externally, I am dead to rights deserving of this ban, and my only plea is that of noobish ignorance and the desire to want to come back and do better in the common pursuit of happiness multiplayer semi-serious vorny shenanigans. Vorny mechanics exploring is no excuse for violating OOC preferences, and I've reviewed the rules again (with just one wiki tab open this time...) to ensure I properly understand them fully. (Which they mostly boil down to don't be a dick and ask OOC permission before starting shenanigains, so I really don't know why I broke them in the first place other than noobish idiocy.)
RileyIsHere

Re: [Im40] RileyIsHere - SSD against prefs

Postby Kenzie » Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:17 pm

Alright well you seem to understand the problem here so I will lift this in a bit, however I do just want to re-emphasize that preferences are very important and you must not do this again. Like, just because I am quick to lift this does not mean it is a trivial transgression.
Kenzie

Postby RileyIsHere » Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:54 am

Alright well you seem to understand the problem here so I will lift this in a bit, however I do just want to re-emphasize that preferences are very important and you must not do this again. Like, just because I am quick to lift this does not mean it is a trivial transgression.

Thank you, I agree fully and read you loud and clear on not happening again.
RileyIsHere

Postby Kenzie » Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:15 pm

I had lifted it.
Kenzie

Return to Approved