DickFreedomJohnson's Ban Appeal

Moderator: Game Admins

DickFreedomJohnson's Ban Appeal

Postby DickFreedomJohnson » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:53 pm

[b]Byond account and character name: DickFreedomJohnson/Dick Johnson
[b]Banning admin:Ultimated
[b]Ban type (What are you banned from?):The Server
[b]Ban reason:Toxic Attitude and flexing athoritah are souring the server. if you're not going to play by our rules, go play somewhere that runs yours
[b]Ban length*:Perma
[b]Approximate time ban was placed (including time zone):18:11 EST
[b]Your side of the story:I was dealing with demoting the warden that was going to fight the HoS and she unbuckled from her chair, so I tased her and recuffed her, all of a sudden I was banned. (sorry im REALLY not good at telling stories)
[b]Why you think you should be unbanned:I realized that when I tazed her that it was a bit shitty RP-wise. I am used to people straight running away when they get cuffed so it was more out of reflex then anything. I am currently trying to work on not doing alot of the shit that I am used to doing in non-rp servers. About the toxic behavior, I have no real idea as to what that really ment, but if I could get some clarification as to what that is I could work on being less "toxic". Please and thanks
DickFreedomJohnson

Re: DickFreedomJohnson's Ban Appeal

Postby orbisa » Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:50 am

This post was removed in accordance with rule 5.
Last edited by Aces on Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:22 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: Warning
RetiredEnslaved Coder
orbisa

Postby DickFreedomJohnson » Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:33 am

-snip-
Last edited by Aces on Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: responding to a removed post, so this got removed too since it's now irrelevant
DickFreedomJohnson

Postby Demicus_Maximus » Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:40 pm

Well, I'm willing to give you another shot! :3
Demicus_Maximus

Postby Scree » Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:50 pm

You arrived at a bad time and may have been collateral - we've been having a lot of trouble over the last few days with people coming from other servers and fucking around, or playing as they would on other servers (carving their way into private dorms and the like) and it's been making people a tad suspicious of new folks, especially new folks that immediately jump into authority roles like heads or security.

The "toxic attitude" was the part about not really RPing out combat and semi-ICly giving them the equivalent of "git gud". We generally use the word "toxic" as a catch-all for "behaviour that, whether strictly against a specific rule or not, causes people to see someone on the userlist and think `I'm not going to play if they're around`, which has been happening a couple of times lately with our visitors. If you're here to actually play though, you're welcome to do so - just give our rules and Key Differences page a once-over. Think of us as being more of a general "sci-fi roleplaying chat" than "SS13 game" and it might help you get where many of our players are coming from.

edit: you kinda ring alarm bells with the name "Dick Johnson" though. In the midst of a week of people coming to stir shit, you were showing the characteristics of someone stirring shit. Besides, you might want to change your name so the spectators we're getting lately don't go spreading crap about you on your boards.
Scree

Postby Aces » Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:42 pm

I'm just reinforcing Scree's points with my post.

This server is probably the only one out there where local OOC is heavily taken into account. While people do occasionally come here for reasons other than vore and ERP, it's mostly vore and ERP, and therefore it's actually against the rules to deliberately interrupt scenes, excluding scenes where someone is actively calling for help, or that scene is blatantly in a public area and you just want them to stop shagging on the freakin' bar counter. Consequently, busting up dorm scenes is a big no-no unless someone is, again, actively calling for help. Otherwise, there's no reason to be going in there.

As for tasering Dhaeleena, I think had it not been for the prior incident and bad timing, that would have all just been handled ICly. You would have gotten fired, probably a nasty CentCom report suspending you from command, and that'd be it. As far as the Captain knew ICly at the time, you were torturing her with the taser and allegedly made IC death threats during a prior shift. You'll note I keep using the phrase "ICly" here. It's nothing I've bothered to confirm via logs or whatever because I don't really care. A little IC conflict keeps the server interesting. I just ask that you don't overdo it, and expect consequences ICly if you do, and OOCly if you overdo it across multiple characters.

Remember that the RP on VORE station is a continuous storyline. Just because the server gets reset doesn't mean the story does. Your actions and behavior on prior shifts is remembered in-character by the crew, and they may carry over opinions to new shifts. Mr. Johnson in this case is not off to a good start. But that's the character. Not the player. If Johnson keeps fucking up, he'll eventually get permanently demoted and fired, but let's say you make another character. Let's call him Dixon Butts. Dixon is an experienced Research Director and all around likable guy who gets transferred to VORE and the crew is pretty chill with him so he eventually gets promoted to HoP. However, Johnson got fired just yesterday. The difference between getting fired and a job ban is a job ban is applied either when you ignore being ICly fired (since we don't have an admin command yet for character bans, we're still working on it), or if you started playing HoP as Dixon and you just did all the same crap you did as Johnson to get you fired to begin with--at which point we decide it's an OOC problem.

https://wiki.vore-station.net/Rules elaborates on this much better. Key points are:
  • If your ERP preferences are violated, say something.
  • Don't complain in OOC when your actions IC get you in trouble. (I don't think you broke this one.)
  • Don't deliberately interrupt ERP scenes. / Don't call for help if you don't want it.
  • Experience is required for any head positions.
  • Unrealistic characters are not allowed.
Aces

Return to Approved