Moderator: Game Admins

[Scree] Makkinindorn - DM Harassment Permaban

Postby Makkinindorn » Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:47 pm

Byond account and character name: Byond ID: Makkinindorn, Character: Caliban

Discord ID (if applicable): Aroliacue#1911

Banning admin: Scree

Ban type (What are you banned from?): Server and Discord Server

Ban reason given: scree banned makkinindorn
Harassing another player in DMs because he thought they ahelped him (they actually hadn't) Received a dayban for it, and decided to double down and harass them further. This is not remotely acceptable behaviour.

Ban length: Permanent

Approximate date that the ban was placed (including time zone): 12:10 am EST, 19/10/22

Your side of the story: This is not in any way to dispute my initial 24 hour ban. I 100% deserved that, I was heated and decided to lash out at someone for something they didn't even do. The following permanent ban was on the grounds that I continued to harass them further. After I received that ban, I DM'd the person in question to apologize to them. The wording was bad, I agree, and I believe this is why I was given the second ban. I had a falling out with the individual some time prior and assumed they were in the wrong for it, which left me with bad judgement for the first case.

Why you think you should be unbanned: Again, I do not wish to dispute the 24 hour ban, that's completely understandable. I believe everyone was in a bad mood, definitely myself included, and while my follow-up message was intended to be an apology to our previous falling out and a explanation of what I said, I understand now that it can easily be interpreted as something aggressive. With that in mind, I don't think a permanent ban is warranted for bad wording on a personal topic. If the individual wishes for me to stop messaging them entirely, I will not dispute that whatsoever and will oblige, but as they hadn't blocked me I assumed they were still okay with me speaking to them.

While I initially would've preferred to keep the messages private as it's a very sensitive topic to me, I'll add the DMs to provide clarity (If the user hasn't provided them already). I have only included the things that were said after I received my 24-hour ban as I don't want to muddy them together.

I would also like to specify that everything I said here was in reference to our original falling out from some time ago. I was unable to complete the full apology before I was permabanned.
Makkinindorn

Re: [Scree] Makkinindorn - DM Harassment Permaban

Postby Scree » Wed Oct 19, 2022 6:05 am

Just so you have an idea of where I'm coming from, we have a hard enough time getting people to actually contact us when there are problems on the server rather than just silently leaving, and the idea that people might get all up in their DMs or shittalk them for doing so does not help that, which is why it's a thing we take extremely seriously. More seriously than most other forms of getting up in someone's DMs, which are already serious enough.

The fact that you didn't even get the right person is just the icing on the cake.
I don't know if you assumed the bad blood between you meant that they were the most likely person to have ahelped you, and I don't particularly care. I don't want to see any more beef between you either. That road leads to problems that I don't want on my plate.
Scree

Postby Makkinindorn » Wed Oct 19, 2022 6:18 am

I get that. Like I told Tank and Ali, I just make really impulsive, poor decisions without thinking much about it. While that's no excuse, I hope it's not too much of a stretch to say it wasn't intended to be malicious. They were the one that discovered the nuke disk in the first place, so I assumed they both faxed for a HoS and ahelped it.

Regardless, I don't intend on messaging them further, or anyone involved for that matter. I've done enough harm as is.
Makkinindorn

Postby Scree » Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:11 pm

Alright. Just... try and chill in future. In-character disagreements are one thing, but when they leak out of the game it's a real problem. OOC considerations can, in some circumstances, guide IC actions where it makes the game more enjoyable for everyone ("I don't want to ruin this person's round even though I can probably ICly justify it, so I'll have my character go easy on them") but the IC/OOC boundary shouldn't be crossed in a negative way.
Scree

Postby Scree » Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:15 pm

The permaban is lifted. The dayban has a few more hours to run its course.
Scree

Return to Approved